Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:49 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V42
GMAT 3: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]
AbhiJ wrote:
Hi Matthew,

I do not have a US Cosigner but an immediate family member is a PR of Canada.
Does Columbia has a loan option for Canadian cosigners ? Any insights would be welcome.

Hi AbhiJ,

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately we do not have a loan option for any international student through the school. You would need a US cosigner in order to receive a loan.

Regards,
Send PM
beehagit wrote:
Hi Matthew,

Am I correct in assuming that there will not be much activity in terms of admitting or denying candidates on Columbia's waitlist until after the regular decision deadline has passed in April?

Thanks!

Hi beehagit,

Thank you for your question. We periodically revisit the waitlist throughout the admissions cycle. Applicants on the waitlist can receive decisions on their candidacy at any time.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi Matthew,
If a CBS alum works in the same office as an applicant, but is not used for a letter of recommendation, has/will Columbia contact that alum for input on the applicant? Thanks in advance for your reply!
Send PM
burke wrote:
Hi Matthew,
If a CBS alum works in the same office as an applicant, but is not used for a letter of recommendation, has/will Columbia contact that alum for input on the applicant? Thanks in advance for your reply!

Hi Burke,

Thank you for your question. The application process is confidential, so we would not reach out to anyone who isn't part of your application.

Best of luck,
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Hi Matthew,
Could you please provide me some detail information on the big Real Estate companies in US,recruiting from CBS...?

What is the average package for these firms for fresh CBS grads in US?
What is the reasonable and expected salary growth 3-5 years down the line with these firms?
How do your see the growth prospects of these firms and career growth with them for CBS grads?

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Much thanks!
Best,
Deb.
Send PM
debayan222 wrote:
Hi Matthew,
Could you please provide me some detail information on the big Real Estate companies in US,recruiting from CBS...?

What is the reasonable and expected salary growth 3-5 years down the line with these firms?
How do your see the growth prospects of these firms and career growth with them for CBS grads?

Much thanks!
Best,
Deb.

Hi Deb,

Thank you for your reaching out to us. I recommend speaking to our current students about your question. To learn more about the Retail at Columbia visit the Retail and Luxury Goods Club site here https://www0.gsb.columbia.edu/students/o ... ns/retail/. Additionally you can learn more about employment at Columbia Business School through our employment report which can be found here https://www7.gsb.columbia.edu/recruiters ... mentreport.

Best of luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Hi!

I have three questions I'd need your help with:

- Can you foresee already by when it will be possible to apply for the January intake? Is this beginning of June or later? Will the essays be different to the fall 13 intake i.e. can I already start working on my application or do I need to wait for June to get the new essay requirements?

- Do I have to prove that I am "eligible" for the January intake as opposed to a Fall intake?

I have already determined for myself what I want to do post-MBA and even though I'm changing industry my job function doesn't change so I don't see an internship as a must but only as a nice-to-have option. To what extent does Columbia ask for proof that the January intake is a viable option to me? Do you simply rely on my opinion and statement or is there an evaluation done by Columbia which could result in rejecting my application because I'd be considered qualified for the Fall intake but not suitable for the January intake?

- When is payment to be done for the January intake?

Thanks for your help!
Retired Moderator
Send PM
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
debayan222 wrote:
Hi Matthew,

Much thanks!
Best,
Deb.

Hi Deb,

Thank you for your reaching out to us. I recommend speaking to our current students about your question. To learn more about the Retail at Columbia visit the Retail and Luxury Goods Club site here https://www0.gsb.columbia.edu/students/o ... ns/retail/. Additionally you can learn more about employment at Columbia Business School through our employment report which can be found here https://www7.gsb.columbia.edu/recruiters ... mentreport.

Best of luck!

Hi Matthew,
Thanks for your reply.Really appreciate your feedback.

Let me go through the links provided by you..will revert to you if I've any further queries related to this (of course,if that remains unresolved )..
Send PM
debayan222 wrote:
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
debayan222 wrote:
Hi Matthew,

Much thanks!
Best,
Deb.

Hi Deb,

Best of luck!

Hi Matthew,
Thanks for your reply.Really appreciate your feedback.

Let me go through the links provided by you..will revert to you if I've any further queries related to this (of course,if that remains unresolved )..

Hi Deb - It looks like I directed you to the wrong club - here is the link to the Columbia Real Estate Association https://www0.gsb.columbia.edu/students/o ... tions/rea/

Regards,
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Oops! actually at a glance I thought Retail includes Real Estate here..the big picture you know..

However,thanks again...I haven't had a chance to got through the same yet & do some research on it..Let me take a deep dive into it!

Thanks Matthew!
Send PM
WomeMBA wrote:
Hi!

I have three questions I'd need your help with:

- Can you foresee already by when it will be possible to apply for the January intake? Is this beginning of June or later? Will the essays be different to the fall 13 intake i.e. can I already start working on my application or do I need to wait for June to get the new essay requirements?

- Do I have to prove that I am "eligible" for the January intake as opposed to a Fall intake?

I have already determined for myself what I want to do post-MBA and even though I'm changing industry my job function doesn't change so I don't see an internship as a must but only as a nice-to-have option. To what extent does Columbia ask for proof that the January intake is a viable option to me? Do you simply rely on my opinion and statement or is there an evaluation done by Columbia which could result in rejecting my application because I'd be considered qualified for the Fall intake but not suitable for the January intake?

- When is payment to be done for the January intake?

Thanks for your help!

Hi WomeMBA,

Thank you for your interest. The application for January will be available sometime in June. The application is subject to change so I would encourage you to wait until it is available to start the application. The format will be similar, but it is subject to change.

The January Program is best for applicants who do not need an internship and it is up to the candidate to decide if that makes sense for them. You should certainly explain how you plan to move forward in your career without an internship - how you do this is up to you - but also keep in mind this is a holistic application process.

As far as payment, a deposit is due two weeks after an admission.

Best of luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
Hi WomeMBA,

Thank you for your interest. The application for January will be available sometime in June. The application is subject to change so I would encourage you to wait until it is available to start the application. The format will be similar, but it is subject to change.

The January Program is best for applicants who do not need an internship and it is up to the candidate to decide if that makes sense for them. You should certainly explain how you plan to move forward in your career without an internship - how you do this is up to you - but also keep in mind this is a holistic application process.

As far as payment, a deposit is due two weeks after an admission.

Best of luck!

Great, thanks Matthew!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Hi,

I started and nearly completed my Columbia FT application this past winter, but decided to postpone my application until ED for this coming fall. My old application seems to be closed, but is there anyway to recover the information for the current cycle, or do I have to start a new one? Basically, do I need to have my letter of recommendation writers to submit again, or is there anyway I can use the letters they already submitted?
Send PM
aceon wrote:
Hi,

I started and nearly completed my Columbia FT application this past winter, but decided to postpone my application until ED for this coming fall. My old application seems to be closed, but is there anyway to recover the information for the current cycle, or do I have to start a new one? Basically, do I need to have my letter of recommendation writers to submit again, or is there anyway I can use the letters they already submitted?

Hi Aceon,

Thank you for your question. You will need to start an new application for 2014 but your recommendation from your 2013 application will be in our system.

Best of luck,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Dear Admission Team
I want to know the advantages and disadvantages of applying in the Early Desicion.
Thanks in advance
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hi Matthew,
Could you please let me know how we can get to see LORs-question for this year? Is it like after creating an account on CBS admission page or else?

Much appreciate your reply.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
AbhiJ wrote:
Hi Matthew,

I do not have a US Cosigner but an immediate family member is a PR of Canada.
Does Columbia has a loan option for Canadian cosigners ? Any insights would be welcome.

Hi AbhiJ,

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately we do not have a loan option for any international student through the school. You would need a US cosigner in order to receive a loan.

Regards,

Hey Matthew

Regarding the question above, will your US cosigner's credit score be reviewed?
Is there a certain credit score that is required by the co signer in order for the applicant to receive a loan?

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  23   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts