Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Nov 2014, 14:01

Happy Thanksgiving:

Free Access to GMAT Club Tests until 11 AM PST on Fri 11/28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.1
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2012, 12:23
hi ,
i have just received my transcripts from my grad school .They dont send it directly to other colleges. Is it okay if i send it in the same sealed envelope to the rotman address mentioned above.
question 2:
The rotman MBA team is coming to mumbai on 28th October 2012. I cant seen to make it due to certain work commitments. Is there any way i can contact the rotman admission team who visits mumbai.
Official Business School Representative
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2012, 21:21
Hi Pegasus88,

Sure you can send them to us in a seperate envelope. As long as the seal is not broken, we will accept them.

You can contact either Sheldon Dookeran at dookeran@rotman.utoronto.ca or Marie-Eve Roy at roy@rotman.utoronto.ca. Both of them will be in Mumbai.

Good luck! Claire

Claire Gumus, MBA
Assistant Director, Full Time MBA
Rotman School of Management
105 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M5S 3E6
Tel. 416-946-3369
Email: gumus@rotman.utoronto.ca

Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.1
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2012, 09:30
hi,
Thanks for the quick reply. I just gave the gmat and scored a very poor 600. i will be scheduling it again in the month of december but i wont be able to make the R2 deadlines. Is it possible to send the application with a 600 score and if i manage to score say a 700 send the score directly to the college which would come in the month of January itself. therby still allowing my application to be checked with a 700 score and also able to make it to the R2 deadline.
appreciate your response
App
Appreciate a your response

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2012, 20:33
Hi Pegasus88,

I think it is better if you contact our recruiters for India for this question, they would know the volume of applications and can give you a realistic timeline about Round 2 applications.

You can contact Sheldon Dookeran at dookeran@rotman.utoronto.ca or Marie-Eve Roy at roy@rotman.utoronto.ca

Good luck!
Claire

Claire Gumus, MBA
105 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M5S 3E6
Tel. 416-946-3369

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2012, 21:53
All candidates will be required to appear for the Common Admission Test (CAT) to be conducted by the IIMs on November 20, 2005. For further details, please refer to the CAT Advertisement that has appeared in all leading newspapers on July 17, 2005.
Intern
Intern

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2012, 03:57
Hello,

I took the GMAT exam yesterday and have scored 560. I have around 2 years of experience with good academic background. Would like to know if I am eligible for applying for the MBA course considering that the average GMAT score for the previous session was much higher than what I scored.

Please advise.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 470 Q39 V16
GPA: 3.3

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 11:59
Hey Hi ......
I am student from India interested in pursing PhD in HR from ROTMAN university.... Below are my educational background and queries

10 Grade = (62%)
10+2 = Commerce (73%)
Graduation = Bachelor of Commerce (Advance Accountancy)(50%)(Grade B)(2005-2008)
Post graduation =Master of business administration(Human Resource Management)(Distance learning)(65%)(2010-2012)
=Master of Commerce (Human Resource Management)(External)(2010-2013)(52%)
Work Experience = 3 Years (Small Scale Industry)
= 1 Month (HR Trainee certificate from a leading industry)
GMAT score = 470 (Still working on it)
Average GPA =3.3

Interested College=Rotman University,Toronto.

Questions

What are the average cutoffs for a PhD students in Gmat ?
What minimum score may be required to get admission in PhD at Rotman (Official Required:600) ?
Am I Eligible for Phd as I have done my post graduations in Distance and External ?
Any Other Requirements ?

Planning for SEP 2014 Intake........
Manager
Manager
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 15

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 03:58
Hi RotmanMBA

I am an Indian Applicant planning to apply during Jan for fall 2013. I have 6 years of work ex in B2B Marketing and would like pursue my career
furthur in marketing itself, but with a shift towards consumer products. How have it been so far for people interested marketing?? would be thankful to you if I could know some stats regarding people who specialized in marketing through Rotman.

Thanks!!

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2012, 11:56
You're invited to our online information session on Wednesday December 19th! Starts at 1pm EST (most convenient for folks living in Europe, Middle East, Africa and of course North America). All participants are more than welcome.

Register online now: http://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/Degrees/MastersPrograms/MBAPrograms/FullTimeMBA/GettingIn/RecruitmentEvents/Dec19Webinar.aspx

I will be hosting the online event, feel free to contact me for questions/assistance at gumus@rotman.utoronto.ca

Looking forward to interacting with all of you on Wednesday at 1pm EST!

Cheers,
Claire

Claire Gumus, MBA
105 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M5S 3E6
Tel. 416-946-3369

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 12:22
Missed our admissions webinar this morning and need some good tips for your application? Follow this link:
https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/record ... 8613144320

Have you received our reminder email before the second round application deadline? Follow the link: http://eepurl.com/sRqmX

Good luck!
Claire

Claire Gumus, MBA
105 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M5S 3E6
Tel. 416-946-3369

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 12:23
We are closed for the holidays as of December 24, 2012 until January 7, 2013. We will continue to receive documents and applications while we are away and everything will be processed when we re-open on January 7, 2013!

Happy Holidays!

Claire Gumus, MBA
105 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M5S 3E6
Tel. 416-946-3369

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 12:36
Check out these great videos to learn more about the Rotman School of Management and what a two-year MBA program can offer you to broaden your horizon!

Careers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGHYvROX ... ki&index=2
Faculty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YABVZjX ... ki&index=3
Student Life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKuDOvPk ... ki&index=4
International opportunities: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoSuuRso ... ki&index=1

Enjoy!

Claire

Claire Gumus, MBA
105 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M5S 3E6
Tel. 416-946-3369

Current Student
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 186

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2013, 03:57
Hi.
I just visited the 'minimum admissions requirements' page and checked them for my country (India).
It says:

Bachelor's Degree Equivalent: Completion of BOTH a Bachelor`s (three-year) degree and a Master`s OR a Bachelor`s degree requiring four years of study (e.g., B.Pharm., M.B.B.S., B.D.S., B.Tech., B.Eng., or B.Arch)

Mid-B Equivalent: 1st Class or 1st Div.; 7.5/10 from Indian Institutes of Technology

Strictly 7.5/10 and above?! Or 1st Class/1st Division? I'm neither :(
I did my UG at Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), and finished with a (poor) 6.09/10. As far as I remember, most courses I took had the average lot (me!) get the 'C' grade (meaning 6/10).

I intend to apply to Rotman (intended to?) for the January deadline, but if the minimum requirements will make it a no-go for me.

Thanks in advance for the reply.
1 KUDOS received

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 03 Sep 2013, 06:26
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Kaustubkul,

We look at all the applications as a whole package. Your GPA does not meet the minimum requirement but if you're strong in other areas, you should apply. A strong GMAT score (700+) will definitely help.

Good luck!

Claire

Claire Gumus, MBA
105 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M5S 3E6
Tel. 416-946-3369

Current Student

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 03 Sep 2013, 07:18
RotmanMBA wrote:
Hi Kaustubkul,

We look at all the applications as a whole package. Your GPA does not meet the minimum requirement but if you're strong in other areas, you should apply. A strong GMAT score (700+) will definitely help.

Good luck!

Claire

Thanks a ton, Claire! :) I do have 710 on my 2nd GMAT attempt. Hopefully my application will be strong enough for the AdCom for them to not focus on my low GPA ;)

I'll be in touch here, should I have any further questions - now, or in December/January.

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 03 Sep 2013, 07:47
Excellent! Sounds good Kaustubhkul. I'd suggest that you connect with my colleague Sheldon Dookeran at dookeran@rotman.utoronto.ca to set up a meeting when he's in India, he'll be visiting in 2 weeks and I'm aware of a couple of events he'll be hosting, maybe he'll come by your city as well.

Good luck!
Claire

Claire Gumus, MBA
105 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M5S 3E6
Tel. 416-946-3369

Current Student

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 03 Sep 2013, 09:09
Yeah. I have already bookmarked 23rd Sept for the MBA Tour (Delhi leg of it).
The venue is quite close by; I'll most definitely make it there! :)

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 03 Sep 2013, 09:24
Perfect!!

Claire Gumus, MBA
105 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M5S 3E6
Tel. 416-946-3369

Intern
Intern

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 08 Sep 2013, 05:09
Hi,

Can you please help me with the intake of MBA for 2014

Thanks

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 08 Sep 2013, 14:00
Hi John C,

Can you please clarify your question? Thanks.

Claire

Claire Gumus, MBA
105 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M5S 3E6
Tel. 416-946-3369

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions   [#permalink] 08 Sep 2013, 14:00