Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:27 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 182 [0]
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1575 [0]
Send PM
Re: Awful performance [#permalink]
rsthomas wrote:
took my GMAT yesterday .. 470. 32Q and 20V ... I was hoping to make around 550 which is the average score for Rutgers camden part-time MBA. It kills me .. I dont even know whether they would even consider 470 as a score. Oh well .. I guess I will have to try again. I need some advice folks. I am really bad at Reading comprehension. Me and Reading, born enemies!! what should I do ?

Kaplan method helped me the most for RC. It help me get away from focusing on the details. If you feel like you are always focusing on details and try to remember everything, you are doing it wrong. Focusing on details not only wastes your time, but also kills your accuracy.

Use what works for you and Kaplan worked for me. Try it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
!! [#permalink]
StartupAddict wrote:
You didn't study, plain and simple, or you just have a really low IQ =P

Just study man, study

Thanks. Yes I do have a low IQ. Can someone with low IQ score above 700 ? What do you think ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks [#permalink]
flood wrote:
For RC, do 2 passages every day. While reading pay attention to the main idea of each paragraph and how the paragraphs connect together. Don't get bogged down by details.

At first, take your time on each question until you're 100% sure that you have the correct answer (find a spot in the passage that gives the answer). Then, after you're comfortable with going through passages and answering questions, start timing yourself on the passages and work on speed.

If you do 2 a day eventually it will click and you'll get the hang of RC. You have to space out the passages though. Doing a lot of passages in one day will just eat away material and tire you out. When you're really confident do more passages per day and get Kaplan 800. Kaplan 800 passages are really dense and are useful for a good RC workout.

Thanks it does make sense and its a good strategy .. slow and steady ..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Awful performance [#permalink]
bkk145 wrote:
rsthomas wrote:
took my GMAT yesterday .. 470. 32Q and 20V ... I was hoping to make around 550 which is the average score for Rutgers camden part-time MBA. It kills me .. I dont even know whether they would even consider 470 as a score. Oh well .. I guess I will have to try again. I need some advice folks. I am really bad at Reading comprehension. Me and Reading, born enemies!! what should I do ?

Kaplan method helped me the most for RC. It help me get away from focusing on the details. If you feel like you are always focusing on details and try to remember everything, you are doing it wrong. Focusing on details not only wastes your time, but also kills your accuracy.

Use what works for you and Kaplan worked for me. Try it.

Thank you very much. I used Pricenton Review but one thing I did wrong is not to stick with a strategy, which I think is very important. Thanks again for the advice
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
Re: !! [#permalink]
rsthomas wrote:
StartupAddict wrote:
You didn't study, plain and simple, or you just have a really low IQ =P

Just study man, study

Thanks. Yes I do have a low IQ. Can someone with low IQ score above 700 ? What do you think ?

I do believe that the GMAT is more a long labour journey than an IQ test.... As well as high IQ is not a synonym of high achiever :)

The real question is "Can I give enough X to reach 700" where X is composed of time, energy, spirit and dedication.... with probably other elements :)

So, to me, u need to give a lot of X to have in a return... a high GMAT score :)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: !! [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37312 posts