Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 09:02

Flash Sale:

The Economist GMAT Tutor - 15% Off All Courses

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Bad GMAT test neighbors

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 97 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: Bad GMAT test neighbors [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2009, 09:31
I don't feel that if someone had a bad day, we should assume they decided to screw up everyone else too.

However, you would have helped not only yourself, but others too in the room had you raised your hand. That is the rule, and that is the only thing you could do. There is no point in wasting $250 for the sake of being polite and then regretting later.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 3

Re: Bad GMAT test neighbors [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2009, 09:44
She must've coughed pretty loudly if you hear her despite wearing earplugs. I agree with rashminet84, you should have approached a test proctor. She coughed ONLY during your verbal, or throughout the test? If she did so throughout the test, I would have at least made a complaint during a break session.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Bad GMAT test neighbors [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2009, 15:59
despite, you got a good score...
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 3

Re: Bad GMAT test neighbors [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2009, 16:06
christinee wrote:
GMATaddict wrote:
She must've coughed pretty loudly if you hear her despite wearing earplugs. I agree with rashminet84, you should have approached a test proctor. She coughed ONLY during your verbal, or throughout the test? If she did so throughout the test, I would have at least made a complaint during a break session.

She started couging during my Verbal. I assume we started the test at the same time because she had come out after me and was talking on her cell phone (and that is not allowed while you're still taking the test) when I was leaving the center.

If she had started coughing during Quant I would have brought it up.

Lol... I just noticed your score, if I got a 750, I've taken the coughing as my lucky charm! Forget about it & enjoy your awesome score! Which schools are you applying to btw?
Re: Bad GMAT test neighbors   [#permalink] 27 Jul 2009, 16:06