Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:31 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 2583 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Best GMAT course for Verbal 1-to-1 Sessions [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi freakygeek,

Thankfully, Business Schools don't care if you take the GMAT multiple times, so doing so is not a big deal. You've probably learned a great deal about Test Day itself (so you won't be surprised by anything) and you've come to discover that certain ways of training for the GMAT just don't work well with your personality. There are options to help you improve (beyond tutoring), but I'd like to know a bit more about your goals first:

1) What is your goal score?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT again?

3) On your previous GMAT attempts, did you have to rush through the Verbal section just to finish (and did you end up guessing on a bunch of questions)?

4) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
5) Do you know which Schools you want to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Rich,

Firstly, thank you very much for taking time to reply. I appreciate your help. Yes, I have learnt a lot about the test day. But, I am still discovering my strengths and weaknesses when it comes to actual test. Here is the information you requested:

1) What is your goal score? - 680+
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT again? I am planning to take it in 2nd week of Sept 2015.

3) On your previous GMAT attempts, did you have to rush through the Verbal section just to finish (and did you end up guessing on a bunch of questions)? Yes. I did guess a bunch of questions.

4) When are you planning to apply to Business School? I am flexible but this fall would be best.
5) Do you know which Schools you want to apply to? Not decided yet. but my MBA focus would be tech. strategy so I will decide accordingly.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi freakygeek,

Given your timeframe, past GMAT scores, and score goal, you should certainly focus on building your Verbal skills. However, there is an opportunity to pick up some nice points in the Quant section too, so you should plan to spend some time building your tactical skills for that section of the Test.

With both of those goals in mind, I think that the EMPOWERgmat Total Score Booster would help you considerably. Most of our clients complete that Study Plan in well under 2 months, so the time commitment wouldn't be that bad. We have a variety of free resources on our site (www.empowergmat.com), so you can 'test out' the Course before setting up an account.

If you have any additional questions, then you can feel free to contact me directly.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
CrackVerbal Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 310 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Expert Reply
freakygeek wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am giving my GMAT for 3rd time and I am looking for 1-to-1 guidance in Verbal part this time. In my first attempt, I scored 29 in Verbal. I had then prepared by myself ( just manhattan books and OG guides ). In my second attempt, I took eGmat course and dedicated 3 weeks off from work for GMAT and scored 22 in Verbal. My Math score was 45 both the times ( yes, I am typical Indian good at math and suck at Verbal! ). I am actually quite clueless now as to what should I focus on / what are my strengths / weakness etc. so, I need Verbal course that can offer me 1-to-1 sessions and help me understand my mistakes. Do you guys have any suggestions ? I appreciate your help.

Hi freakygeek

I would obviously recommend the CrackVerbal GMAT personal tutoring sessions because I'm part of the CrackVerbal team and I have seen the kind of dedication put in by our instructors and seen the improvement in the GMAT scores of the students.

Your low score in GMAT Verbal could be because you are facing issues with specific concepts on the GMAT or need guidance with advanced 650+ level questions.

Ideally, you should have at least two months to go before your next GMAT attempt when you come in for Personal Tutoring. However, a lot depends on the score difference you want to achieve, your learning speed and the specific problems you’re facing.

Do you have an ESR report?

If you have an ESR report, do submit to us for a Free analysis. We will be able to give you specific and actionable insights after evaluating your ESR report.

Get your ESR Report Evaluated For Free

You could look at our GMAT Personal Tutoring Sessions for more details.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22056 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
In addition to advice on verbal courses, would you like some general advice on how to improve your GMAT verbal skills?
GMAT Club Bot