Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:44 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 492 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Schools:Berkeley Haas
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Amtit05, I wasn't able to find the Manhattan SC book in India. Moreover I was having trouble getting the OG and Kaplan 800 at that time too. So I ordered it from Amazon.com and got them shipped. It took about 20 days.
Amazon has pretty good discounts on all of these books, so even if you add up the shipping costs, it comes pretty close to the price you would pay for these books in India.

Had my bro-in-law, not asked me for my books already, I would have gladly lent mine you mine...

Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
manhattan review??? [#permalink]
anybody have any info about the manhattan review books? i just saw em on amazon and only heard good things fom a friend of mine in london about their classes but didnt know they had books...lemme know!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
why not order it? [#permalink]
for me,in China,I can order it in bookstores,though it cost lots....except the GMAT 800,only costs 68 RMB(means only $9)

why not order it?if u know the name of book and the ISBN..it is enough..e...and ready money..:)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Anyone there in India have the book and don't need anymore ..? Amazon takes 20-25 days.. I can't wait that long..

Amit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 103 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
braindancer wrote:
Kaplan 800 is hardcore but extremely useful if you aim for 700+.

I have my reservations against K800. I browsed it at the bookstore and found that the difficulty of the Qs is simply too high for the real GMAT. I scored a 760 and not more than 2-3 Qs per section were anywhere close to the difficulty level presented by K800. At least that's what I think, and it's been 2 months since the actual gmat, so maybe I'm underestimating the difficulty of the Qs that did appear.

:roll:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 236 [0]
Send PM
Re: manhattan review??? [#permalink]
sammie21 wrote:
anybody have any info about the manhattan review books? i just saw em on amazon and only heard good things fom a friend of mine in london about their classes but didnt know they had books...lemme know!

The maths book is very good, the verbal is mediocre.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
bro, i actually found that i liked their verbal just as much as if not more than their math book...specifically, i learned a boatload from their sentence correction section. coupled with the OG, i think manhattan review's materials are awesome.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Besides the OGs, I think the best books out there are the Manhattan Review math books and the PR GMAT verbal workout book. I think they supplement the OGs well and if you're just studying on your own, it's great.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
i concur...except that i used the manhattan review books with kaplan800 which has made me very very :-D :-D :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
yeah review's books are good. I took their class and it really helped me get high gmat score. If you work at it with good books, you'll definitely do fine.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]