Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:01 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am sooooooo not looking forward to recruiting again.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
This is all the same stuff that we've been talking about for months, only applied to the job interview rather than the admissions interview. Guys, it seems like we should have this stuff down at this point.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
my biggest fear: sweaty plam!!!!!

I get nervous easily! I guess I need to carry a baby powder at all time. :roll:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm dreading recruiting all over again, but at the same time I feel like interviewing for a job will be MUCH easier. Interviewing for business school you're trying to be this awesome, well-rounded, philanthropic, intellectually-curious, academically-flawless, socially-smooth, culturally-aware, articulate, uber-person.

But it seems like companies are looking for something much more specific, they'll be looking for skills and experience, and of course the personality and soft-skills. But I feel like there won't be as much second-guessing everything.

When I interviewed at Yale, my interviewer was making a little small-talk to start out with and he said, "Did you drive down from Boston this morning?" and I said, "Well I actually drove in last night and stayed at a hotel." And he said, "Oh, one of the hotels nearby?" and I said, "Yes, the Econolodge." And he sort of made this weird face like, "Econolodge? Yalies don't stay at Econolodges."

I'm probably just being paranoid, but in general I feel like school interviews were tough because you don't know quite what they're looking for.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm actually looking forward to it. It's going to be very interesting finding out about all these great companies and their people and cultures. I'm going to be checking out a bunch of different industries to see what's out there. I'm excited.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Same here... let it come..... after all we are going to B-School to get our dream jobs (if such a thing exists that is)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
johnnyx9 wrote:
When I interviewed at Yale, my interviewer was making a little small-talk to start out with and he said, "Did you drive down from Boston this morning?" and I said, "Well I actually drove in last night and stayed at a hotel." And he said, "Oh, one of the hotels nearby?" and I said, "Yes, the Econolodge." And he sort of made this weird face like, "Econolodge? Yalies don't stay at Econolodges."

LOL. Thats hilarious classic.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:
This is all the same stuff that we've been talking about for months, only applied to the job interview rather than the admissions interview. Guys, it seems like we should have this stuff down at this point.

Its all common sense stuff, agreed. Its just that the stakes are so big, the stress is bound to be there.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
One of the reasons I'm dreading recruiting is because it seems like it happens so soon. January I'll be interviewing for internships and I'm sure my head will be spinning from my first semester. Just doesn't seem like a lot of time to learn how to do case-interviews (for consulting) and to really get my story together.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:

Well, I dunno, actually. I still don't know whether I've made it into 3 programs because of my interviews or in spite of my interviews. There really wasn't that much feedback (apart from the admissions decision).

L.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
I look at the interviews, company presentations and schmoozing all as one big opportunity. I recall an article (businessweek perhaps, don't remember) where they talk about how business school is probably the only time in your life where you will have access to so many top employers all at once. You'll be able to explore different industries and different companies in a more or less organized fashion, and they are all looking to hire people like you (MBA students).

At any other point in your career, even if you are highly successful, you'll likely only have access to a few employers at any given time that are hiring for a job you'd be interested in.

I also remember another article that talked about interviewing. A lot of people are nervous about the interview process, but those that enjoy it tend to be people that see it as an opportunity to distinguish themselves. Try to think of it that way - that it will be a forum for you to make a pitch of yourself and you might enjoy it more.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]