Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:52 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Non-profit, GM
Schools:Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)
 Q44  V44
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q42  V49
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Darden, Haas, Smith, Wharton, Stanford and HBS
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Tuck
 Q45  V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
sajal09 wrote:
use the same login and password that you used for your application. It worked for me.

llest wrote:
The admitt portal ask me to introduce a login and password. Where did you get this?

Thank you, it worked also form me!
Current Student
 Q42  V49
Send PM
darden waitlisters - did you guys receive any confirmation of being on the waitlist - i.e. when you clicked through and indicated that yes you want to remain on the waitlist did you get an email etc? I hadnt recd. any thing so wanted to make sure. lol.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management/Strategy
Schools:Darden Class of 2011, Tuck, Duke, McCombs, HBS
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Fugo -- i didn't get anything after i clicked to stay on the waitlist.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Schools:Darden, Stern, CBS, Johnson, Fuqua
Send PM
BklynMatt wrote:
Fugo -- i didn't get anything after i clicked to stay on the waitlist.

I got a message that said, "Welcome to Waitlist Purgatory. Please make yourself comfortable." :twisted:
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Haha, seriously. after all this work i can't believe we don't have an answer. i got waitlisted at 3 schools, i just wish i knew that the chances were at least decent, but i'm worried they're extremely small.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q44  V44
Send PM
fugo wrote:
darden waitlisters - did you guys receive any confirmation of being on the waitlist - i.e. when you clicked through and indicated that yes you want to remain on the waitlist did you get an email etc? I hadnt recd. any thing so wanted to make sure. lol.

No there was no confirmation. I found that a little disarming. I ended up sending them a LOCI and they responded to that to note that it had been added to my file, thereby implying that they still remembered me at least.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q44  V44
Send PM
fugo wrote:

Also, Darden seems to be pretty much saying leave us alone unless something major changes in your life. Did/Are you contacting them proactively with stuff. Not sure what to do at this stage.

My LOCI contained some quasi-major things that have happened in my life (visiting the campus and taking on an additional project at work). Not exactly major, but things that I thought improved my candidacy. Then again, I'm still on the waitlist, so take what I have to say with a grain or two of salt.
Current Student
 Q42  V49
Send PM
thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entertainment
Schools:Chicago (Ding w/Interview), Kellogg(Ding), Darden (Int), NYU (Rd 2), USC (Rd 2)
 Q47  V37
Send PM
Hey not sure if this is different for R1 or R2 waitlist, but I spoke to the school cause my boss was wondering when he will find out if I am bailing. The office told me they should start making decisions on the waitlist around Mid-April.
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Well, not much of an update, but at least this confirms that i'm still on the Darden waitlist (round 2):

Dear Matthew,

We wanted to update you on your waitlist status. At this time, we are reviewing the final round of applications for the Class of 2011 and making offers of admission. We are continually reviewing the waitlist and continue to believe that you are a very strong applicant. We encourage you to stay in touch with our office and keep us updated regarding any changes, promotions, awards, etc. If your plans have changed and you no longer wish to remain on the waitlist, please respond to this message. Thank you for your continued patience.

Warm regards,

Darden Admissions
Current Student
 Q42  V49
Send PM
BklynMatt wrote:
wanted to update you on your waitlist status. At this time, we are reviewing the final round of applications for the Class of 2011 and making offers of admission. We are continually reviewing the waitlist and continue to believe that you are a very strong applicant. We encourage you to stay in touch with our office and keep us updated regarding any changes, promotions, awards, etc. If your plans have changed and you no longer wish to remain on the waitlist, please respond to this message. Thank you for your continued patience.

Warm regards,

Darden Admissions

yup.. thats all i have got to. I even sent them an update but have recd no news or acknowledgment that they recd / added it to the file. I guess we should assume they are competent and everything is moving along as per their schedule.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi All,
I'm an R3 applicant who is still waiting to hear an interview invite. Since it has been 4 1/2 weeks since deadline and since the rumor on R3 interview schedule is from 4/6 to 4/17, I'm not too optimistic. From the BW forums, it doesn't seem like too many people have received invites in R3 at all.

Has anyone gotten an interview invite in R3 at all? I'm hypothesizing that there are so many applicants on the R1 and R2 waitlist that adcom feels secure in inviting less ppl to interview for R3. What do you guys think?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 2: 710
Send PM
In R2, Llest got the interview after the start of the interview week and got admitted to Darden.

The reason for the low amount of interview invites is probably because most of the spots are filled already. R2's admit percentage is a lot lower than R1's. I'm guess that's because abnormally high amount of admitted students matriculated for R1 (higher yield), so R2 slots went down. So there may not be many open slot for class of 2011.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entertainment
Schools:Chicago (Ding w/Interview), Kellogg(Ding), Darden (Int), NYU (Rd 2), USC (Rd 2)
 Q47  V37
Send PM
Someone on BW said waitlist should start hearing this week. Anyone hear yet or know if this is true?
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Sarah Neher, in her video on the Darden Blog (https://dardenadmissions.wordpress.com), said that they are trying to let people in Round 3 and the waitlist know as soon as this week so they can plan for the Darden accepted weekend. She said they've already let a couple of waitlisters in.
Current Student
 Q42  V49
Send PM
thanks for the update. I had forgotten to check the blog for a couple of weeks. Interesting updates on there about waitlist and international student loans..
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Send PM
I've updated/cleaned up the stats on p.1 of the thread.

Unfortunately, we are missing A LOT of info on folks, so please make a post or pm me (or one of the others mods) so that we can further update the stats and make any changes/corrections. This will be greatly beneficial to future applicants.

Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35