Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:42 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11  ...  107   
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategic Management
Schools:Northwestern, Michigan, Dartmouth, Berkeley, Duke, UVA
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink]
Round 1!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Count me in for EA round!
Current Student
Affiliations: ?
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance, Strategy
Schools:Kellogg; Ross ($$); Tuck
 Q48  V38
Send PM
Tuck's essays are availlable...

Can someone update the roll call page?

Please respond fully but concisely to the following essay questions. Compose each of your
answers offline in separate document files and upload them individually in the appropriate
spaces below. Although there is no restriction on the length of your response, most applicants
use, on average, 500 words for each essay. There are no right or wrong answers.
Please double-space your response

1. Why is an MBA a critical next step toward your short- and long-term career goals? Why is
Tuck the best MBA program for you? (If you are applying for a joint or dual degree, please
explain how the additional degree will contribute to those goals.)

2. Discuss your most meaningful leadership experience. What did you learn about your own
individual strengths and weaknesses through this experience?

3. What is the greatest challenge or hurdle you have overcome, either personally or professionally,
and how did you manage to do so?

4. Tuck seeks candidates of various backgrounds who can bring new perspectives to our
community. How will your unique personal history, values, and/or life experiences contribute
to the culture at Tuck?

5. (Optional) Please provide any additional insight or information that you have not
addressed elsewhere that may be helpful in reviewing your application (e.g., unusual
choice of evaluators, weaknesses in academic performance, unexplained job gaps or
changes, etc.). Complete this question only if you feel your candidacy is not fully represented
by this application.

6. (To be completed by all reapplicants) How have you strengthened your candidacy since
you last applied? Please reflect on how you have grown personally and professionally.
Current Student
 Q48  V38
Send PM
By the way, count me in for EA round...
Intern
Intern
Schools:Tuck, Wharton, Chicago, Kellogg
GMAT 2: 750
GPA: 84.45
WE 1: Analyst at Fin. Inst.
WE 2: Senior Analyst at Fin. Inst.
Send PM
I found this post after reading an old article on BW - its regarding the deferral situation at Tuck during 2004 and 2005 admission cycles. Seems like the same thing happened back then.

Its under the "TUCK TUCK TUCK!!!!" thread on the BW forums.

Quoting directly from the post:

* Total Posts: 1

* Posted: 11/22/05

* To: DJ_BS_T07

* 10275 of 11116

* Reply to 21338.10274

Hi everyone - please see statement below from Dawna Clarke, Director of Admissions at Tuck.

Hello from Tuck Admissions. I have been hearing a lot of chatter about two concerns pertaining to space availability in the Tuck class of 2008. I'd like to address the concerns here and encourage you to forward this statement to friends and colleagues applying to Tuck this year.

Concern #1: Last year, Tuck deferred and admitted many candidates into the Class of 2008 so there are fewer spots available than normal.

This is actually not the case at Tuck. Every year, Tuck grants a limited number of deferrals to applicants for various reasons such as military service, unexpected family emergency or illness. Others are granted on a case-by-case basis. Two years ago, more students than anticipated decided to enroll at Tuck for the Class of 2006. That year, we did admit a few strong candidates directly into the Class of 2007 since we had no room left in the Class of 2006. But that was an anomalous year. We did not face the same situation last year. The number of students who deferred into the class of 2008 was not larger than usual. Accordingly, we are able to offer the same number of places in the Class of 2008 as we have traditionally.

So most importantly, the deferral situation from two years ago will not have any impact on the number of offers of admission we make to this year’s entering class.

Concern #2: Tuck received a 40% increase in Early Action applications so there will be much more competition for spots in the class of 2008.

We did experience an increase in applications for the Early Action

round. However, this increase is not predictive of an overall increase in applications this year. Rest assured that we will have spots available for the Class of 2008 in all rounds this year, and we encourage you to apply.

Please contact anyone here at Tuck Admissions if you have questions

about the application process at 603-646-3162 or tuck.admissions@dartmouth.edu. We are always happy to speak with you.

Good luck with your applications!

Dawna Clarke

Director of Admissions

* Options
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Essay topic wise, nothing too out-of-box.

Just waiting for that on-campus interview sign-up thingy to go live.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
chostein wrote:
Essay topic wise, nothing too out-of-box.

Just waiting for that on-campus interview sign-up thingy to go live.

I suggest you keep a close eye on that! I remember when I applied a couple years ago, the spots went very quickly. Last year they ran out and had to open up new slots. It's not like you won't get an interview slot, but it can be an added stress wondering exactly when it will be.

RF
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
Send PM
Add me for EA!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross '13
 Q48  V42
Send PM
do you have to have the app submitted before selecting an interview slot or does the app just have to be submitted by the time you get to the interview?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross '13
 Q48  V42
Send PM
great info - thanks!

at first I thought I'd be scrambling to get the app in but now I'm glad i know i can take the visit experience and add to that in my essays/app.
Current Student
 Q48  V38
Send PM
For those already in at Tuck, is it mandatory that we complete the self initiated interview before the deadline?
As Tuck does not offer self initiated interview off campus, what do people do when they cannot go on campus?

I know Tuck saiys that conducting the self initiated interview is stronghly recommended, but what if I can travel to the US? is it possible that they offer an off campus intervew reading my application?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Tuck Class of 2012
Send PM
If you're not in the US, you are not expected to go on-campus for a self-initiated interview (though it is a major indication of your interest if you do). If you decline the self-initiated interview, and Tuck likes your written application, the admissions committee will send you an interview request, which you can do over the phone. I don't believe Tuck admits any applicants without interviewing them (whether self-initiated or Tuck-initiated).
Current Student
 Q48  V38
Send PM
Thanks Ezekiel2517 for the info.

so you're saying that tuck offers interviews on campus (self or tuck-initiated) and interviews over the phone.
What about alumni interviews? (though I guess they don't have alumni everywhere around the globe as do some school...)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
How rare is off-campus interview for U.S. applicants? I live in Cali so techinically no excuse not to do on-campus interview but money is kinda tight :?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
R2- count me in!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
Schools:Kellogg, Tuck, Ross, Duke, ISB
 Q51  V42
Send PM
Hello Friends,

Tuck is one of my top choice schools and i will be applying in EA round.

Please count me in.

I am an Indian applicant from Delhi. Anyone else out there from India/Delhi??

Regards
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Schools:Tuck'08
Send PM
madeinafrica wrote:
Thanks Ezekiel2517 for the info.

so you're saying that tuck offers interviews on campus (self or tuck-initiated) and interviews over the phone.
What about alumni interviews? (though I guess they don't have alumni everywhere around the globe as do some school...)

It's important to treat the interview as an opportunity and not as a threat. Definitely contact the school by email and call recruiting officers to make them understand that you are interested in having an interview. First it's a chance for you to make sure they notice your strong interest and effort in connecting with the school but it's actually a genuine chance to meet people from the school, either recruiting officer or alumni, and that is also a source of information that could help you make your final choice. E.g. in my case I had great discussions with alumni from Chicago GSB (although I wasn't ultimately accepted there) however I still remember how cold and arrogant was my interviewer from Wharton, to be fair one should never make generalities based on one meeting (especially because I have since worked with quite a few Wharton grads and it's been only smooth) but at the same time as a candidate you also need to make the best guess possible to evaluate schools and interviews definitely help you to have a better understanding of the school culture...this is a great opportunity and wherever you are make sure you make yourself known to the school recruiting team to ensure you will benefit from such interviews if this is possible, if not then the recruiting team will still be fully aware of your efforts ! :wink:
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11  ...  107   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts