Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 07:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

In/Dinged/WL ? (For fall 2010 applicants only)

• 91% [32]
  • 2% [1]
  • 5% [2]
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2010, 13:53
I am a current MBA student, and chose Kelley over NYU Stern, mainly due to Kelley's lower cost. Since I started at Kelley, I've been blown away by the school's resources and the quality of the instruction, and I now know this was absolutely the right choice for me - regardless of any trivial differences in perceived reputational rank, etc. I did the whole ivy league undergrad thing, and I think Kelley's professors are on par with that, if not better. The biggest surprise for me was the quality of fellow students - a really accomplished group. Some bloggers here have characterized the academies as portals for career changes - I think this assessment is spot on, it gives Kelley a competitive advantage over other schools. As far as the earlier comment about various schools being "on the up": in addition to expected and ongoing quality enhancements, I personally believe all Kelley programs will see a boost from the renovation of the undergraduate school (the graduate center is actually physically connected to the undergrad school). Construction begins this year, and if you look at the building plans (which can be found on the web), Kelley as a whole will be an incredible complex, and should garner considerable attention.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Indiana Kelley/Class of 2012/Full tuition $$
WE 1: Healthcare/Biomedical Research
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2010, 15:07
iustudent, thanks for your post. Do you mind sharing a bit of your profile: your background (WE) pre-Kelley, current MBA interests/focus, your Kelley academies, international project @ Kelley, intended post MBA-industry...etc.. Thanxz

Leadership is not really about telling people what to do — a strategy that doesn't always work. It's about creating an environment where people can speak up, where we can get into debates without becoming confrontational or negative. [It's] about getting people to bring all of themselves to the table." - DuPont CEO Ellen Kullman; Kellogg '83

Intern
Intern
Schools: Kelley '12

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2010, 10:37
Just got my tickets and accommodations for Kelley Experience Weekend in April! Seems far away but still excited.

Anyone else planning on attending?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kelley, McCombs, UNC, UIUC(Int)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2010, 18:49
Hi everybody!

I am applying for Kelley in R2.
Just had an interview with the admission staff last Thursday (02/18/2010) via telephone.

What really attracts me to Kelley is its stat in 296 B School from Princeton Review.
Kelley was ranked very high in almost all catagories. And after I did research the school, I become love it more and more.

However, the result is quite unpredictable. I have heard that this year there are much more MBA applicants, in cluding Kelley, is that true?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2010, 20:25
Does anyone know how long it takes time for a decision to be released after an interview?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: GLOBASE Leadership Team Member (Global Business, Social Enterprise)
WE 1: 4 years, nonprofit administration
WE 2: Internship: Cummins, Inc.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2010, 16:01
ike38 wrote:
Does anyone know how long it takes time for a decision to be released after an interview?

Ike38,
I applied R2, visited/interviewed on 2/1/10, and just got an admit email this afternoon. Hope that helps.

Excited to consider Kelley!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2010, 19:04
WOW !!!

Congratulation tcha5782!!!

If I were you, I would be very excited too!!

This can be implied that I might have wait for about two weeks since I had an interview later than you about 2 weeks. Am I right?

BTW, did you get any scholarship ?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2010, 07:13
Hi all - Heard word yesterday (via email); I'm in at Kelley! :-D Can't wait to go to KEW!

Last time I spoke with Adcom (which was just this past week), I heard that they will release admissions decisions up until the mid-March notification date. They usually arrive via email and tend to go out in batches (as opposed to all at one time). Hope that helps and good luck to anyone waiting.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2010, 09:52
EmElleDub wrote:
Hi all - Heard word yesterday (via email); I'm in at Kelley! :-D Can't wait to go to KEW!

Last time I spoke with Adcom (which was just this past week), I heard that they will release admissions decisions up until the mid-March notification date. They usually arrive via email and tend to go out in batches (as opposed to all at one time). Hope that helps and good luck to anyone waiting.

Do you mean you just had an interview with Adcom last week?
The process is really fast! ( I have been waiting for one whole week already, but still did not receive the decision.)

Congratulation EmElleDub!
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: GLOBASE Leadership Team Member (Global Business, Social Enterprise)

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2010, 10:23
ike38 wrote:
WOW !!!

Congratulation tcha5782!!!

If I were you, I would be very excited too!!

This can be implied that I might have wait for about two weeks since I had an interview later than you about 2 weeks. Am I right?

BTW, did you get any scholarship ?

Ike38,
Hopefully you will hear within about the same time frame. It's hard to know for sure because sometimes the order of communication to applicants can be kind of random. However I fully understand how grueling the waiting period is!

All I received was a simple email; I think any financial details will be included in the packet that they said I'll get in the mail next week.

Thanks for your support! Best of luck to you as well.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Admitted (Darden, Kelley, UT-Austin) Waitlisted (Cornell, Ross)

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2010, 08:49
I also received an admissions e-mail on friday. Interviewed Feb 3rd.

Could i be added to the "Roll Call"?

Good luck to all
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2010, 10:49
ike38 wrote:
EmElleDub wrote:

Do you mean you just had an interview with Adcom last week?
The process is really fast! ( I have been waiting for one whole week already, but still did not receive the decision.)

Congratulation EmElleDub!

No, sorry...I called Adcom specifically to ask about the notification process, which is how I found out the information. I know the wait is grueling but I hope you hear something soon. Best of luck to you!!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2010, 17:26
For all those who have been or will be admitted for 2010 and plan to go to the admit weekend:

I'm curious to know when you guys will plan on arriving/leaving. I'm thinking of going thursday afternoon and leaving sunday after the weekend is over. If anyone would like to carpool or wants to let me know when they're thinking of going feel free to write.

Good luck to all who are still waiting!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2010, 19:59
Has anyone who received the email on Friday 2/26 received their packet yet?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2010, 23:03
KitKat wrote:
Has anyone who received the email on Friday 2/26 received their packet yet?

Still waiting anxiously! I won't be totally convinced I'm not hallucinating the email or misreading it until I get the package.

Right now I'm debating between BU and Kelley. I think the financial aid or scholarship opportunities at Kelley will be a factor but if anybody has thoughts I'd be happy to consider your opinions. BU seems to have gone up in the rankings including overall score in the Economist. Their job placement stats in BW also surpass Kelley (if you include 3 months out, employment offers for class of '09 is 90% versus Kelley's 72%, but Kelley's ranking in BW is still comparatively higher. I think both schools have some great faculty, student body, and decent facilities (although Kelley may have an edge with facility) but the Boston campus and resources are also a big draw. It will be a tough call, I think (tougher still if I ever hear back from my other apps!!)
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2010, 00:25
Kelley school of business is really a great place to learning regarding BM. Recently the board members has announced the per child will have a laptop.

gold coast airport car hire

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2010, 05:35
jamessain wrote:
Kelley school of business is really a great place to learning regarding BM. Recently the board members has announced the per child will have a laptop.

I am not sure I understand you well. You mean everyone is getting a FREE :-D laptop? When and where did you hear of this? Please share the weblink if you got it...

Leadership is not really about telling people what to do — a strategy that doesn't always work. It's about creating an environment where people can speak up, where we can get into debates without becoming confrontational or negative. [It's] about getting people to bring all of themselves to the table." - DuPont CEO Ellen Kullman; Kellogg '83

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2010, 07:10
tcha5782 wrote:
For all those who have been or will be admitted for 2010 and plan to go to the admit weekend:

I'm curious to know when you guys will plan on arriving/leaving. I'm thinking of going thursday afternoon and leaving sunday after the weekend is over. If anyone would like to carpool or wants to let me know when they're thinking of going feel free to write.

I plan to be there. Arriving in Indy Fri early PM and departing Sun PM. The carpooling idea sounds kuul. Am not the "tree hugger" type but if we all dont have rent/drive separate cars, why not? I was gonna use the shuttle from Indy to Bloomington, but if a few of us can carpool, we should.

EmElleDub, I think you posted a comment earlier about travel plans. Whatz your status?

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2010, 09:52
Case2010 wrote:
tcha5782 wrote:

I plan to be there. Arriving in Indy Fri early PM and departing Sun PM. The carpooling idea sounds kuul. Am not the "tree hugger" type but if we all dont have rent/drive separate cars, why not? I was gonna use the shuttle from Indy to Bloomington, but if a few of us can carpool, we should.

EmElleDub, I think you posted a comment earlier about travel plans. Whatz your status?

Hey - I'm definitely planning to attend KEW. I just made a reservation this morning at one of the hotels they suggested (I just picked blind) and I'm about to make my flight arrangements. I'm flying in Friday late morning/early afternoon and leaving Sunday afternoon. Not sure about the car situation (hadn't gotten that far) but I'm not opposed to car-pooling if timing works out.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2010, 09:54
Oh, and I have not received my admit package yet either. Assume it will arrive sometime this week?
Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants   [#permalink] 09 Mar 2010, 09:54