Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:20 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V32
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
avart wrote:
matchbox21 wrote:
Hi !! I applied for R2 Jan 5th deadline, haven't received any interview invitation... hope i do !

Hi. I also applied in R2 and haven't received any status updates or invitations yet.
But today I've got an email from newtoiu@indiana.edu with a University ID and iStart Limited Access PIN, which is for incoming international students (I am an international applicant). However there is nothing about my application status.

Can someone help me to make this thing clear? Has any of you got such email? Does it imply anything about admission status or do they send it to all the international applicants?

Hi avart,

I'm a domestic applicant, so this may not be too helpful, but I would err on the side of caution and not try to infer anything about your admission status. During my visit, I think they mentioned that they try to interview all admitted applicants. So if you haven't interviewed yet, I would assume that this is just a normal part of the process.

On the other hand, I received my university ID with my acceptance letter, and you eventually use it to create your IU e-mail!

Perhaps some of the international applicants could speak better to what this means, if anything.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
WE:Information Technology (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
avart wrote:
matchbox21 wrote:
Hi !! I applied for R2 Jan 5th deadline, haven't received any interview invitation... hope i do !

Hi. I also applied in R2 and haven't received any status updates or invitations yet.
But today I've got an email from newtoiu@indiana.edu with a University ID and iStart Limited Access PIN, which is for incoming international students (I am an international applicant). However there is nothing about my application status.

Can someone help me to make this thing clear? Has any of you got such email? Does it imply anything about admission status or do they send it to all the international applicants?

Long time lurker here, first time poster. :-)

I applied in R2 as well and just got my interview invite email yesterday afternoon. I'm also an international applicant, and got that same email early this morning. I'm not sure what it implies about admission status, but seeing as how R2 applicants have been receiving interview emails since last week and I just got mine, they are probably still sending them out as they review the applications.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
bp14, ellinger, thanks for your response! And thanks to gmatclub, this forum is really a great resource. :)
Concerning that email, I think they sent it out today to all their international applicants and didn't expect confusions among us.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

long time reader, first time poster (you guys must have heard a lot about it :P)

Well, i applied for the Jan 5 deadline and got an interview invite somewhere around the 17th of Jan.
Was interviewed by Brad Rosenwinkel in Mumbai on the 24th. (I'm an international application - Indian,IT,Male (IIM)) :D

Interview was good, general questions like why mba, job profile etc etc. nothing out of the box.
Brad was quite warm and friendly too.

In all, a good experience and he said that the decisions would be around mid-March.

Also, i too got that iStart mail from Matthew Beatty (another friend who hasn't yet recieved an interview invite got that too. so don't dwell on it too much)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
Just got my interview invite yesterday (international student). Also received the iStart email today.
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
Congratulations to everybody getting their invites!!! I can't wait for mid-March!! :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
GPA: 3.32
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
avart wrote:
matchbox21 wrote:

What is the iStart?? I am a domestic applicant but I have not received that email at all....
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
GPA: 3.32
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
bp14 wrote:
avart wrote:
matchbox21 wrote:

Hi avart,

I'm a domestic applicant, so this may not be too helpful, but I would err on the side of caution and not try to infer anything about your admission status. During my visit, I think they mentioned that they try to interview all admitted applicants. So if you haven't interviewed yet, I would assume that this is just a normal part of the process.

On the other hand, I received my university ID with my acceptance letter, and you eventually use it to create your IU e-mail!

Perhaps some of the international applicants could speak better to what this means, if anything.

bp14, are you round 1 or round 2 applicant??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
so, everyone got that email notification!!!?

Can some international applicant confirm this!!? and also did R1 applicants (both admitted and dinged) receive this email earlier!?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
josh84 wrote:

Can some international applicant confirm this!!? and also did R1 applicants (both admitted and dinged) receive this email earlier!?

hey josh84,

A friend of mine (international applicant) hasn't received it yet, while another has. So, i'd not read too much into that mail.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
RAHULGUPTA10 wrote:
josh84 wrote:

hey josh84,

A friend of mine (international applicant) hasn't received it yet, while another has. So, i'd not read too much into that mail.

Yeah you are right... Just called the admission's office, they confirmed that the email was sent to all the international applicants.....

Any Indian applicants who got an interview call for R2!!?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jit007 wrote:
AditiB wrote:
jit007 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I applied to Kelley in the Jan 5 deadline. Has anyone who applied in the same round received interviews calls yet?

I applied in round 2 as well. I have got my interview this month. I know a few more R2 applicants who have got interview calls.

Thanks Aditi.Good luck for your interview.

When did you receive your interview invitation?

I guess their is some more time left before I start loosing hope.

Hey.. Sorry for the late reply.. I received my interview mail on Jan 17th..

I can see a lot of posts about the istart mail .. I received one as well. Then received another one apologizing for miscommunication in the first mail. :? But not bothering too much cuz a friend of mine also received both !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 795 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
All those who applied in Round2 -

Has anyone got an email from 'newtoiu@indiana.edu' asking you to check your application status and submit Important documents on 'iStart'?

I'm required to submit my Financial documents; but they have not mentioned by when do I have to submit these? Is it alright to submit these after a decission is made or I need to provide these for them to make a decission?

Has anyone submitted any financial proofs? Any inputs will be helpful.

Regards,
Ali.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
aalriy wrote:
All those who applied in Round2 -

Has anyone got an email from 'newtoiu@indiana.edu' asking you to check your application status and submit Important documents on 'iStart'?

I'm required to submit my Financial documents; but they have not mentioned by when do I have to submit these? Is it alright to submit these after a decission is made or I need to provide these for them to make a decission?

Has anyone submitted any financial proofs? Any inputs will be helpful.

Regards,
Ali.

no, you don't need to submit any documents. I called ad com and they confirmed it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 795 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
josh84 wrote:
no, you don't need to submit any documents. I called ad com and they confirmed it.

Thanks for the quick response Josh84.

Regards,
Ali.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM

Originally posted by guptapiyush1986 on 03 Feb 2012, 03:34.
Last edited by guptapiyush1986 on 11 Feb 2012, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools: LBS '14 (A)
Send PM
Have been a silent observer.

International applicant. Interviewed on 07th Feb through Skype.

Questions asked:
1) Tell me about yourself.
2) Any experience where you shown your creativity.
3) Team failure experience.
4) Feedback experience
5) Why MBA, goals and Kelley?

Good luck to all.

Thanks,
Dheeraj
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts