Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 09:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
SVP
SVP
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Followers: 31

Kudos [?]: 299 [0], given: 36

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2011, 04:16
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Calling All Indiana University Kelley Fall 2012 Applicants!

Detailed Program Information: GMAT Club's Indiana (Kelley) School Guide

Fall 2012 Application Instructions

Early Deadline: November 1 | Decision Date: Mid January
Priority Deadline: January 5 | Decision Date: Mid March
Third Deadline: March 1 | Decision Date: Late April
Final Deadline: April 15| Decision Date: Late May

Consortium applicants
Priority Deadline : November 15 | Notification : Mid January
Final Deadline : January 5 | Notification : Mid March

Essays – Limit each response to no more than two double-spaced pages.
Mandatory: Please discuss your post-MBA short- and long-term professional goals. How will your professional experience, when combined with a Kelley MBA degree, allow you to achieve these goals?

Choose two of the next three:
  • Describe an ethical dilemma that you faced in your professional career. How was it resolved and what did you learn from the experience?
  • Suppose you had to choose three people—people alive now or people from another era—to travel with you on a cross-country automobile trip. Who would you choose and why? What would you hope to learn from them? (Think carefully about the company you want on those long stretches through Nebraska or Kansas.)
  • Describe what there is about your background and your experiences that will contribute to the diversity of the entering class and enhance the educational experience of other students.

Recommendation Questions (2 recommenders)
  • How well and in what capacity do you know the applicant?
  • Does the applicant have potential as a leader and a manager? What have you observed that leads you to think the applicant will be successful?
  • Are there areas where the applicant can improve his or her potential for graduate study and a managerial career? If so, what are those areas?

Indiana University Kelley Applicant Summary (Real Time)

Quick Glance: GMAT Club vs. Latest Intake (Class of 2013)

Real Time App Tracker Feed

Detailed Applicant List: Add Yourself to This List (add Kelley to your profile)

GMAT Club's Real-time Admissions Statistics

Add Your Profile to This List

Formula of Life -> Achievement/Potential = k * Happiness (where k is a constant)

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Last edited by rasta on 02 Jan 2012, 03:50, edited 2 times in total.
Updated
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
3 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 12 [3] , given: 0

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2011, 12:43
This post received
KUDOS
I had my interview today over skype. It was with a 2nd year student, very conversational and friendly. Normal questions:

a. Walk me through your resume and a few follow up questions
b. Why Kelley?
c. Describe what it takes to be a good leader and how do you fit with that description?
d. Describe a time when you were creative.
e. Talk about what you do outside work
f. Q&A.

It was around 45 minutes. I really don't like the skype method, but it was difficult for me to travel to Bloomington right now. I prefer to do it on person, but overall I felt it was ok.
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [2] , given: 2

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2011, 10:18
This post received
KUDOS
Hi All-
Congrats to all the admits and those about to come!

I am a Kelley first year MBA student and it was not long ago I was making decisions about where to apply and whether to accept Kelley’s offer. After the first semester, I am convinced that Kelley deserves its ranking and probably a much higher one. I know these boards can be a valuable resource as well as an addiction for those in that process so I thought I would offer a few things I have really enjoyed so far to help feed your need for info.

Here are some of the specific things I have enjoyed about it:

The Core - One of the things I really enjoy about Kelley is it takes the academic portion of the MBA seriously. The core at Kelley is 8 classes. At many other schools the number is only 5 or 6. During the Kelley core, Fridays are not off. I am happy to know that I have worked hard and built a solid foundation that allows me to understand the implications of pretty much any business problem or situation.

Flexibility - I am looking forward to the remainder of the MBA due to the flexibility and depth available in the subjects. Due to the compressed 7 week schedule that begins after the core, you are allowed to continue taking 8 courses per full academic semester. I am planning to do a major as well as two minors and I will still be able to take additional courses in other subjects I am interested in. Many people double major. The depth in offerings will allow me to enter the workforce with much more than a piece of paper.

Me INC - Another part of Kelley I enjoy very much is all of the tools it makes available to students for career development. It is one thing to get a great education but that education is useless if you can’t land the right opportunity. At Kelley, career development begins even before school officially starts with the ME INC program. This program forces you into the process of crafting our own personal brand. The great thing about this process is it allows you present yourself in front of peers before you have to do it in front of recruiters. It gives you practice as well as feedback. And feedback is not to be underrated; it is hard to know exactly how others coming from different background will perceive what you are saying until you hear from them directly.

Academies – It is hard to talk about Kelley without mentioning the academies and rightfully so. I have enjoyed my academy in that it has allowed me to work on specializing skills, my brand and my network. The academy could probably fill up a post in itself but suffice it to say that I have found these to be a very valuable resource in helping me develop a network for potential internships, as well as prepare me for the interview process through mock interviews, peer coaching and resume reviews.

I could keep going, these are but a few of the things and opportunities I have truly enjoyed at Kelley. It is definitely a well-rounded and thought out program with enthusiastic leadership, alumni and students. Once again, congrats to those of you who have already been admitted and I will hope to see you on campus for visits and Experience Weekend.

My one piece of advice when looking at schools that goes for whether you are deciding where to apply or whether to attend is really try to pull back the onion of what is offered at the school. Don’t go off rankings and advertising materials too much. Talk is cheap. Spend some real time and make sure you get the whole picture. Find out who the leadership of the school is. If you are planning to major in a subject, find out what courses are offered in that subject. If you are planning to go into a certain area find out how the school will help you network in that area. If you really want a collaborative culture, find out how the school actually promotes a collaborative culture. If you really want a good job, find out how exactly the school will help you get there. These degrees are not cheap so make the most of it. Hope it helps and Best of luck!
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38

Kudos [?]: 11 [2] , given: 12

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2012, 10:46
This post received
KUDOS
I am in :).
Got confirmation email at 17:14 GMT.
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [2] , given: 2

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2012, 10:48
This post received
KUDOS
I'm IN too!! what a relief!
Mail at 10:44 PM IST.

International (India) Applicant btw.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: AID

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 1

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2012, 15:02
This post received
KUDOS
I got my admit email an hour back. I am hoping to hear some good news with respect to financial aid.

@SorayaBT, are you able to access the admitted students website? I never got a call from Kelley informing about my admit.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 0

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2012, 15:27
This post received
KUDOS
I'm in, got an e-mail a couple of hours ago. :-D
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Consortium
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 63 [1] , given: 37

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2012, 15:29
This post received
KUDOS
vinaynp wrote:
I got my admit email an hour back. I am hoping to hear some good news with respect to financial aid.

@SorayaBT, are you able to access the admitted students website? I never got a call from Kelley informing about my admit.

Got my admit e-mail about an hour ago too. I thought it was kind of strange that they didn't call us, but nonetheless I'm very happy! Hopefully activity on this thread will start to pick up, seems very dead around these parts.

I applied via Consortium Rd.1 by the way.

It's better to be lucky than to be good.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 3

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2012, 17:56
This post received
KUDOS
Folks,

Got an admit from Kelley :)

Best of luck to you guys!

Cheers!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kelley '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V32
GPA: 3.33
WE: Other (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2012, 18:44
This post received
KUDOS
FINALLY! :-D Congratulations for those who got admitted!

As @vinaynp asked earlier:

vinaynp wrote:

I suppose the admitted student website should be accessible short after R1 admission result. In my case, after the email, I got phone call telling me about the admission packet I was gonna receive few days later, financial aid, and a little bit about KEW.

For interview tips:

gablaze23 wrote:
Just got my invite to interview this morning! I am stoked. My interview is on Tuesday, January 17. Any tips, questions previously asked?

My experience was quite similar to that of @adrianbr. As I talked with @champmag in PM before, the interview was simple - no tricky or super hard questions. I prepared to talk about my background and experience, career goals, why MBA & why now, why Kelley, something about leadership and teamwork -- and questions I got were really in those areas.

1) Tell me about yourself
2) What's your career goals and how you think MBA at this time can support you to reach your goals?
3) Why Kelley?
4) Tell me about your leadership experience.
5) What role will you play in team when you do group assignment at Kelley?
6) Is there anything else you want me to know about you?
7) Q&A

The interview lasted about 30 minutes via Skype. My interviewer was a 2nd year student in AdCom.

I wish you all the second-rounders the best in your application process. Please write me at any time if there's something I could help.

Cheers!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2012, 19:37
This post received
KUDOS
Admitted...!! :-D :-D
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kelley '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V32
GPA: 3.33
WE: Other (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2012, 23:08
This post received
KUDOS
gablaze23 wrote:
Actually, there is an InsidetheMBA event in Los Angeles this Tuesday. Jim will be the only representative for Indiana on that day, and I guess they decided to interview MBA students around this area. I am kinda freaked about this whole thing to be honest. I am thinking about just telling him I am busy and opt for a skype interview. What do you think bblast? I need your advice!

Gablaze my opinion is it's always better to be interviewed in person. It can be more easy to make yourself standout among others! Doing it via Skype might feel safer to you, but it lacks of eye contact. Prepare yourself and make him so remember you that he gets back to B-town and says 'hey, put this student on the priority pile!' lol :-D
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 1

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2012, 07:09
This post received
KUDOS
Kelley Experience Weekend is April 13-15. There is also Kelley Experience Day on Monday 4/23 for those unable to make the full weekend. They will reimburse your travel up to $500 for the weekend, $300 for the single day.

Best of luck to those waiting on responses!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 1

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2012, 06:39
This post received
KUDOS
avart wrote:
matchbox21 wrote:
Hi !! I applied for R2 Jan 5th deadline, haven't received any interview invitation... hope i do !

Hi. I also applied in R2 and haven't received any status updates or invitations yet.
But today I've got an email from newtoiu@indiana.edu with a University ID and iStart Limited Access PIN, which is for incoming international students (I am an international applicant). However there is nothing about my application status.

Can someone help me to make this thing clear? Has any of you got such email? Does it imply anything about admission status or do they send it to all the international applicants?

Hi avart,

I'm a domestic applicant, so this may not be too helpful, but I would err on the side of caution and not try to infer anything about your admission status. During my visit, I think they mentioned that they try to interview all admitted applicants. So if you haven't interviewed yet, I would assume that this is just a normal part of the process.

On the other hand, I received my university ID with my acceptance letter, and you eventually use it to create your IU e-mail!

Perhaps some of the international applicants could speak better to what this means, if anything.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2012, 06:48
This post received
KUDOS
avart wrote:
matchbox21 wrote:
Hi !! I applied for R2 Jan 5th deadline, haven't received any interview invitation... hope i do !

Hi. I also applied in R2 and haven't received any status updates or invitations yet.
But today I've got an email from newtoiu@indiana.edu with a University ID and iStart Limited Access PIN, which is for incoming international students (I am an international applicant). However there is nothing about my application status.

Can someone help me to make this thing clear? Has any of you got such email? Does it imply anything about admission status or do they send it to all the international applicants?

Long time lurker here, first time poster. :-)

I applied in R2 as well and just got my interview invite email yesterday afternoon. I'm also an international applicant, and got that same email early this morning. I'm not sure what it implies about admission status, but seeing as how R2 applicants have been receiving interview emails since last week and I just got mine, they are probably still sending them out as they review the applications.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 2

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2012, 08:33
This post received
KUDOS
aalriy wrote:
All those who applied in Round2 -

Has anyone got an email from 'newtoiu@indiana.edu' asking you to check your application status and submit Important documents on 'iStart'?

I'm required to submit my Financial documents; but they have not mentioned by when do I have to submit these? Is it alright to submit these after a decission is made or I need to provide these for them to make a decission?

Has anyone submitted any financial proofs? Any inputs will be helpful.

Regards,
Ali.

no, you don't need to submit any documents. I called ad com and they confirmed it.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Feb 2012, 15:23
This post received
KUDOS
I just received my admissions e-mail.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 5

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Feb 2012, 18:05
This post received
KUDOS
I got my admit email today too. R2 applicant (Jan 5th), interviewed on Jan 30th. So excited
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Thread Master
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38

Kudos [?]: 45 [1] , given: 123

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2012, 13:44
This post received
KUDOS
Just got my admit!! I am stoked. No word on any scholarships though.
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Thread Master
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38

Kudos [?]: 45 [1] , given: 123

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2012, 14:02
This post received
KUDOS
rashidmanzar wrote:
gablaze23 wrote:
Just got my admit!! I am stoked. No word on any scholarships though.

Congrats gablaze23!
Could you please suggest your location/WE/Interview Date?

Thank you!!

My interview was sometime between the 3rd and 4th week of January. I have 4 years WE and I am located in Los Angeles, CA.

I am pretty sure the first round of interviews were held in California due to a recruiting event here last January.

Good luck rashidmanzar, I'm sure yours will come soon. See you in Bloomington!
Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 02 Mar 2012, 14:02