Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:31 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Energy, Analytical Finance, Strategy
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Schools:Booth (R2), Kellogg (R2) Reapp, McCombs, Cornell R1
GPA: 3.67
WE 1: 5 yrs - Consulting/Management
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
Craziest day of my life. This could be the craziest admit story in the history of the world.

My wife went into labor 1 am on March 8. Labored at home 24 hours. No sleep. Finally around 1 am March 9 we make it to the hospital cause the contractions were close enough. We were in triage until 6 am, then finally got admitted to the hospital. I knew admits were going out today, but I had almost forgotten.

Around 11 am my wife started "pushing." In between contractions you have a little down time so I talked to the midwife and nurse about stuff and told them I could get the call today. I applied last year and was dinged so I wasn't really expecting anything, just happy my daughter was finally coming.

But then, in the middle of a contraction an 847 number called me. I didn't answer cause I have some clients in Chicago and didn't want to take a work call. When the contraction stopped I listened to the message and couldn't believe my ears. Admit. Really wasn't expecting it.

I broke the news to my wife, nurse, and midwife, we celebrated and then got back to work. Literally within 15 minutes we had a daughter. Happy. Tired. Excited.

Best of luck to each of you waiting and congrats to the other admits.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Concentration: MC, Entrepreneurship, GM
Schools:Tuck class of 2012
 Q50  V42
WE 1: 2 years market development (public)
WE 2: 5 years corporate finance (private)
Send PM
Kudos
jenzy wrote:
Craziest day of my life. This could be the craziest admit story in the history of the world.

Congratulations to you and the mother! That's two life changing news in the same day :-D
I hope I could have only one... :?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Concentration: General Mgmt.
 Q50  V40
Send PM
Kudos
I just read my application. The essays and everything.
I re-read my blog write-up of my Kellogg interview experience
All in all I am satisfied that I did my BEST in the whole process.
Knowing that I've done all that I can humanly do, I feel a bit relaxed.

I suggest all u ppl like me , waiting to hear from ad-com, to try n do the same.
It'll probably instill some faith in you that your application was indeed good!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
i hate that status checker, not only do you have to sign in, then you have to "click here" to continue to the page you requested...
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA L3 Candidate, Grad w/ Highest Honors
Own Kudos [?]: 288 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:Chicago Booth R2 (WL), Wharton R2 w/ int, Kellogg R2 w/ int
GMAT 2: 680  Q44  V38
GPA: 3.877
WE 1: Global Operations (Futures & Portfolio Financing) - Hedge Fund ($10bn+ Multi-Strat)
WE 2: Investment Analyst (Credit strategies) - Fund of Hedge Fund ($10bn+ Multi-Strat)
Send PM
Kudos
Someone take the internet away from me please....i cannot control myself.

This waiting feels like the moments just before you get shot in the head...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
Send PM
Kudos
ROLL CALL PAGE UPDATED

The aggregate numbers might be wrong, but I believe I got everyone's status update since my last update. I will be on out of town for a little bit, so updates may be slow if other mods don't step in. Mods, please post after each update, so we know what part of the thread needs to be inputted.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Strategic Management, Finance, Managerial and Organizational Behavior
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2012
Send PM
Kudos
This appears to be a record-breaking thread. With over 200,000 views, it is currently the most viewed thread in "The B-School Application" history (by comparison, last year's Kellogg thread had under 90,000 views). Additionally, it currently has the most declared applicants, ever, at 203, narrowly edging out Wharton 2010 with 202 (counting the one R3 applicant). Wharton 2010 is also the second most viewed thread.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Kudos
gmatbschool wrote:
I feel desperate enough to send Kellogg an email saying "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME IN!! I promise to be better at whatever it is you didn't like in my application. More importantly, I swear on my mother's life I am ten times more articulate, confident, likable and funny than I came across in my interview. I was a ball of nerves in that conversation. PLEASE LET ME INNNN!!!"

Or perhaps a stalker-ish v-mail. "Hey guys. Remember me? Remember that awesome class visit we shared? I've been staring at your brochure ever since. haha. j/k. lol.
I've checked status 35 times today and you haven't gotten back to me. Did I do something wrong? I know you know I've been waiting. Why won't you call me? Was it the nervous awkward interview? Because a LOT of people suffer from that. You can ask my therapist. Or my mom.
Anyways. I miss you. It's been 5 minutes since I last checked now so I'll go do that again. Call me Kellogg! Or I'll kill your cat. haha. j/k. lol."

That's just a little bit creepy.

Seriously guys, I don't know how many times I can say this. Don't try to analyze the number of people who got calls, day of the week, time of day, phase of the moon, whether the groundhog saw its shadow, etc. to try and figure out how many more people will get admitted. The order in which decisions are made (and communicated to you guys) is completely random, and past patterns of when people were notified in no way will predict future patterns. In any event going by internet postings is far from a representative sample to base an analysis on. If all you do is check your status, it's not going to make the decision come any quicker and you're going to drive yourself nuts. Go out and enjoy life and when it's your turn to get your decision it'll come.

Congrats to everyone who's gotten the call - I hope to see you guys here on campus next month for DAK.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011
Send PM
Kudos
PleaseOhPlease wrote:
I am 100% sure of this answer. You must have your official scores sent to Kellogg before your application is considered complete. Because there can be a delay in pairing applications with official scores, Kellogg offers the opportunity for candidates to streamline the process by attaching a copy of their official scores to their applications. This last part is optional, and seems to cause a lot of confusion, but has nothing to do with whether or not Kellogg needs official scores.

This post is 100% wrong. I have edited it to avoid further freaking people out, since you guys are somewhat out of control :lol:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Schools:Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011
Send PM
Kudos
PleaseOhPlease wrote:
monkbent wrote:
PleaseOhPlease wrote:
I am 100% sure of this answer. You must have your official scores sent to Kellogg before your application is considered complete. Because there can be a delay in pairing applications with official scores, Kellogg offers the opportunity for candidates to streamline the process by attaching a copy of their official scores to their applications. This last part is optional, and seems to cause a lot of confusion, but has nothing to do with whether or not Kellogg needs official scores.

This post is 100% wrong. I have edited it to avoid further freaking people out, since you guys are somewhat out of control :lol:

Respectfully, sir or madame, you are incorrect. I am not trying to freak people out at all, but If Kellogg, BEFORE extending an acceptance, asks applicants to submit official scores, how can you say that Kellogg does not require official scores? monkbent: Kellogg did not ask for an OFFICIAL score. It asked for a SCAN/PDF. THESE ARE DIFFERENT THINGS. An official score is sent directly from GMAC and costs $$I never said that the AdCom does not review applications with self reported scores, but the AdCom will not extend an invitation until it receives official scores. This is false because of the confusion noted earlier. This is different than Columbia, for example, which extends invitations based on self reported scores and then verifies them. Call the AdCom yourself and ask if official scores are required. I did. The AdCom responded in the affirmative. Of course they're required. Just as official transcripts are required. However, you don't have to submit OFFICIAL ones until after you are admitted. They will make an admission based on scans/pdfs

Kellogg asked the applicant to submit a scan. That's not official. Official = sent directly from GMAC. You only have to do that once admitted (along with transcripts).

Minimum necessary = self-reported scores in online form
May need to add = pdf/scan of score report (admissions will ask for this).
Once admitted = ask (and pay) GMAC to send official score if you did not do this when you took the GMAT.

I think you are confusing a scan/pdf with an official copy. With all due respect, your information as written in your post is wrong, and I kindly ask you to stop posting it. The heart rate's of your fellow applicants can't take it...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
here's some reading material to pass the time
https://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... ries_ssi_5
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
From R2 last year
coolrun - Admitted 2/24
OhThatMBA - Admitted 2/27
shayne - Admitted 3/9
pu2003 - Admitted 3/9 (withdrawn for Booth w/$$$)
rca215 (1Y) - Admitted 3/11
jb32 - Admitted 3/16
wincew - Admitted 3/16
monkbent (MMM) - Admitted 3/17
ashaker - Admitted 3/30
hd54321 waitlisted Admitted

GoBruins - Waitlisted 3/3
bostonsparky - waitlisted 3/25
wonderhaven - waitlisted 3/26
MbaHopeful2009 - waitlisted 3/27
jjhko - waitlisted 3/27
Wolfie2011 (JD/MBA) - waitlisted
peaceyall - waitlisted 3/6 dinged
appukutty - waitlisted 3/30 (Withdrawn Stanford)

mkmba09 - Dinged 2/25
YihWei - Dinged 2/26
kcbear - Dinged 2/26
fugo - Dinged 2/27
TheGuy - Dinged 2/27
ma.agrawal - Dinged
praz - Dinged 3/11
Travel09 - Dinged 3/11
dp122008 - Dinged 3/16
DanielPlainview (jdmba)
markkm (MMM) - Dinged 3/18
niro (MMM) - Dinged 3/23
xenok - Dinged 3/23
mba07 - Dinged 3/25
FN (fresinha12) - Dinged 3/26
u0388768 - Dinged 3/27
thedudeabides - Dinged 3/27
Zoemoe - Dinged 3/27
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance & Entreprenuerial Management
Schools:Wharton Class of 2012 w/ fellowship
GPA: 3.4 - Top 5 UG
Send PM
Kudos
do you guys really think that in the course of a 3 week decision notification window that all the accepts would have went out in the first week? that's close to unrealistic, like someone else said, just enjoy the fact that you don't have a status update email from kellogg in your inbox. no need to fret until March 29 :lol:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
theburgh wrote:
So basically US applicants who have not heard back yet have very little chance of getting in. Oh well.... :cry:

don't worry, anything is possible until the deadline
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Wharton (WL), Booth (WL), Kellogg (WL), Ross (ding)
GPA: 3.75
WE 1: public accounting
Send PM
Kudos
Don't be so pessimistic, they are just enjoying green beer
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
So far, 16 still waiting. 1 more, likely in.

Obviously, there are more. But this number makes it seem more reasonable that we will all get in.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Schools:MIT
 Q50  V46
Send PM
Kudos
monkbent wrote:
Just to follow up on this, this board is WAY to much like BW for my liking, and, quite frankly, has a much different tone than past years. Obvious questions are asked again and again ($$ only in first call?), and the "congrats , bschbound! Can you please share your industry/stats?" posts make my skin crawl.

Now, I don't have much experience in GMAT Club outside of the Kellogg threads and way too much time in chat, primarily last year, but there was definitely a vibe in those threads that mirrors a lot of the Kellogg culture. Namely, pulling your weight (reading up on stuff instead of asking questions that have been asked a million times), genuinely supporting a teammate (congratulating without selfishly mining for info for yourself), and being receptive to the truth, no matter how unpleasant (it's random rolling admissions - THERE IS NO PATTERN).

The board this year is increasingly nothing like that, and that's a shame.

(I know it's probably because GMAT Club is getting every bigger, but that doesn't mean I have to like it, or keep visiting - except when procrastinating during finals that is!)

EDIT: Update https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all-kellogg-fall-2010-applicants-78734.html?view-post=701549#p701549.

DISCLAIMER: I wasn't on these b-school app boards last year, so this is just my uninformed opinion :wink:
I sort of see what you're saying. The GMAT section of this site is much for supportive and friendly. I had dismissed the difference thinking that that section has to do with test-taking (more objective questions and answers) and this section is about applying and competing with one another.

In any case, the problem probably is exactly what you mentioned - GMATClub is growing. Like any growing community, the newcomers are not familiar with the norms, customs, vibes.... and as transient visitors they're not interested in forming bonds. Support and encouragement comes only if the members feel attached to the site and to one another.

IMHO only GMATClub is in a position to make that happen. A growing community has to be guided and shaped. We have excellent and active moderators, but most of them are applicants too. Perhaps if former applicants / current students could be persuaded by the founders to be more active?
For example, there have been TONS of posts like "please post your stats" over and over again. One reason is that the info is not in the profile (new member, etc etc). Another is that nobody said not to do that the first time. Asking for stats (IMHO) is not bad in and of itself. It does suck when that is all we see on the thread, that is all anyone wants to know, and the moderator finds it all the more difficult to update.
This is not a ding on Jerz or any of the moderators. I'm just saying that perhaps they (and the founders) need to have a discussion on how proactive they want to be.

I think people got upset with your post because it seems like (not saying it is, but it seems like) you were making a value judgement on the characters and quality of applicants this year.
It sounded like you were saying "gosh all these new people have no idea what Kellogg is like and don't belong here".
We're all super anxious. Seeing a pattern in the admits eases (? or does it ?) some of that anxiety because you have *something* to hold on to. Of course the anxiety is infectious and a 100 anxious people on this site, constantly posting how they *STILL* haven't got a call.... well you know what happens.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  136   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts