Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:21 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 610 Q35 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Schulich MBA in India applicants - Class of 2017 [#permalink]
bonnydm wrote:
Hi GMATSmudge,

I got accepted into the MBA in India Program in Schulich. I was just going to start a new thread for the 2017 Class students when i saw this. Thanks!

Hi bonnydm,

Congratulations!! Have you accepted the offer? What are your thoughts on it? Pros & Cons?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks! I am considering accepting the offer. After speaking to an alumni, I have been convinced it is a great school. In terms of Pros and Cons, So far the only difference is that with Booth and Loyola Chicago I had Skype interviews whereas with Schulich it was a telephonic one and a couple of optional video interviews which I did. Although it doesn't make much of a difference, I think video or in person interviews helps adcoms to assess personality better. Just my two cents around it.
I will probably get to know more about the school as I get all the Admission procedures done and will keep updating it in this thread.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
bonnydm wrote:
Thanks! I am considering accepting the offer. After speaking to an alumni, I have been convinced it is a great school. In terms of Pros and Cons, So far the only difference is that with Booth and Loyola Chicago I had Skype interviews whereas with Schulich it was a telephonic one and a couple of optional video interviews which I did. Although it doesn't make much of a difference, I think video or in person interviews helps adcoms to assess personality better. Just my two cents around it.
I will probably get to know more about the school as I get all the Admission procedures done and will keep updating it in this thread.

Any updates? I will be accepting the offer. Does anyone have information regrading the accommodation in Hyderabad?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMATSmudge wrote:
bonnydm wrote:

Any updates? I will be accepting the offer. Does anyone have information regrading the accommodation in Hyderabad?

Accepted the offer. I spoke to the director and he said they are still finalizing the accommodation rates and will shortly send out an email with all the details to all the admits
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Many congratulations Bonnydm and GMATSmudge!

I have received an admit to the India program. I am seriously considering to accept the offer. I have a query, could you please see if you have this information. The students will be free from April - Sept 2016. It's about 4 months.
1. By how many weeks / months in advance can a student enter Canada if the second year starts in Sept ?
2. Can we secure internships @ Canada during this period ? If that's not the case, does the school hyd help in securing one in India.
3. How did the previous batches of Schulich utilize these 4 months.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
rbskiran wrote:
Many congratulations Bonnydm and GMATSmudge!

I have received an admit to the India program. I am seriously considering to accept the offer. I have a query, could you please see if you have this information. The students will be free from April - Sept 2016. It's about 4 months.
1. By how many weeks / months in advance can a student enter Canada if the second year starts in Sept ?
2. Can we secure internships @ Canada during this period ? If that's not the case, does the school hyd help in securing one in India.
3. How did the previous batches of Schulich utilize these 4 months.

Congratulations to you too! Let me help you with the information that I have with me.

1. This depends upon when you're granted your visa. If you apply early enough, you should have no issues leaving for Canada as soon as you finish in April-May 2016. The visa should be valid for the entire duration.
2. Very few of the students have managed to secure internships. But it is definitely possible to land an internship provided that you network hard enough.
3. The alumni that I have spoken have spent this time in many different ways - spending some time at home, looking for internships, going to Canada early enough to try and secure an internship etc. The school recommends that you either do an internship or spend the time earning a designation i.e. PMP, etc. This will add to your resume when you land in Canada.

Hope it helps. Let me know if you need anything more.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks! that's really informative.

The school has not been listed in the FT rankings for 2015. I could not find any blog / post from the school acknowledging this fact. Deans from other institutions which were dropped from the top 100 in FT such as the HULT have gone ahead and announced statements to the press. Is there something I am missing - there are two ways to look at it: understand the factors that were responsible for this and as a Schulich grad, what can one can do to bring it back in top 100.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rbskiran wrote:
Thanks! that's really informative.

The school has not been listed in the FT rankings for 2015. I could not find any blog / post from the school acknowledging this fact. Deans from other institutions which were dropped from the top 100 in FT such as the HULT have gone ahead and announced statements to the press. Is there something I am missing - there are two ways to look at it: understand the factors that were responsible for this and as a Schulich grad, what can one can do to bring it back in top 100.

I would not worry too much about the drop in rankings. Rankings are just one of many factors that influence your decision. Schulich has a great reputation in Canada and I am sure that it would not be a bad choice. I would look at BusinessWeek, Forbes, and The Economist. Schulich is included in all 3 lists. The rankings use different methodologies and some schools do opt out due to the hassle of providing data. That being said, you could always check with the school too.

Hope it helps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I like your approach. Thanks for sharing your perspective :-)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All Schulich Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All Schulich Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All Schulich Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated Schulich Forum to dive into all things related to Schulich's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts