Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:24 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Booth-Class of 2012
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Haas (in); Yale (in); Kellogg (in); Sloan (interview/waiting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink]
Kudos
JoeB wrote:
I just attended the Admit Weekend (this past weekend). Wharton is an awesome school. About 9 out of 10 people I asked are enrolling Wharton. The others seem to be deciding between Wharton and scholarships somewhere else. Good luck.

I think you to concider that people who attend welcome week are leaning toward the school. The probably tons of people who would have withdrawn already and didn't attend the welcome week.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
curiousapplicant wrote:
Dear Fmv07 and JoeB,

Would you two be willing to share some of your experiences at the WWW. I am located in East Asia and couldn't make the trip, but the schedule looked activity packed. Also, to you knowledge did many students search out and secure housing when they attended WWW?

Thanks and I'm glad to hear that it was a lot of fun. I regret not being able to attend.

The schedule was definitely packed, and there were a lot of team building activities, info sessions, and social events. The part that I enjoyed the most was actually just meeting all the people, both admits and current students. Student initiatives play a big part at the school, and you can definitely tell from the weekend. All the events, shows and dinners were organized and led by students, and you truly get a sense of how active and vibrant the community is. Not sure why people care so much about the rankings on these forums...everyone I met at WWW had far more interesting stuff to talk about than rankings. It's one of those things that real people with interesting lives just don't even think about.

As for housing, most people did look for housing, but I don't think a large % of them actually signed leases. Most units available now require starting the next lease in July; people who don't want to pay for that month would rather wait and look again later. Current students told us that there is no need to stress about finding a place asap. A large class graduates each year, so there are plenty of units to go around. Feel free to pm me if you have questions about any particular building!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
So my interview went ok. It felt like a blur but the overall feeling I have is positive. I was a little too chatty but I'm pretty sure I didn't have a Steve-Carrell-in-"Anchorman" meltdown so I'm happy about that. If they were bullish on me prior to the interview then I did nothing to make them change thier minds. But if they were just neutral on me, I don't think I did enough to have them jumping up and down. So here's to hoping they were bullish on me prior to the interview. But it is out of my hands now and all I can do is wait, say a bunch of Hail Marys and see what happens on May 14.

One more thing: at the interview, I met a "quant" from New York City and a guy who designs medical devices in India and I am a former corporate lawyer doing non-profit work; so if we are all above Wharton's academic threshold how would you pick which one of us to admit... Getting admitted is a function of so many factors outside the applicant's control so if you get in be humble about it and if you don't get in, don't feel too badly about it....

Good Luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Got in off the 2nd round waitlist on 4/30/2010!

Asian Male, Banking, 750 GMAT, 3.4 GPA, undergrad 2006 ivy
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:R2: MIT (ding), Stanford (WL w/int), Wharton (WL w/ int), Emory (admitted!)
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Kudos
Wow! Congratulations!! :) Did you receive an email?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks! I had someone associated with the school write a letter on my behalf to the adcom. I received an email saying my status had been updated and logged in to find the electronic letter. No call or anything yet (email on Friday late afternoon). Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I was also taken off the WL on Friday. They gave us about a week and a half to decide, which I assume will help manage the yield ahead of the R3 notification date.

Best of luck all!

csino wrote:
So for the people who get off the waitlist now - how long do they have to accept? If they don't do they just keep running down the list through summer? Does anyone have insight as to how much the list might move? I know I am getting my hopes up - but I still really want Wharton
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg Wharton
 Q51  V41
Send PM
Kudos
mbarunner1 wrote:
happy2010 wrote:
+1

R2 applicant RE-waitlisted... :twisted:

This seems to be ridiculous. HBS seems to be only keeping 20 more people on the waitlist over the summer. Wharton's waitlist strategy of keeping lots of us hanging doesn't make sense at all.

Well have you considered that all the waitlisters are actively networking, i.e. they are more likelier to be on gmatclub. My guess is the waitlist is less than 50 and about 80% are on gmatclub...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
This episode seems quite against JJ Cutler's intention of sending rejected applicants away happy. Truth be told, a good portion of us on the WL will be rejected and he's just adding salt to injury by pushing it further and further.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy Finance Entrepreneurship
Schools:Wharton Chicago HBS Stanford
Send PM
Kudos
just rented 15 movies 2day... now i have sth do do after being put on 2 waitlists in R3..

traveling also nice option but cousin visiting...

What u guys doing?
eric
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Kudos
Reality wrote:
Waitlisted again!

This really is strange...why do they continue to keep so many people on the waitlist? Are they not sure that people who have paid deposits will turn up eventually? Have a lot of admitted students asked for extensions on the deposit deadline? Was R3 this year so huge that they could not review all the waitlisted applications before the May 14 deadline and so have re-waitlisted most of us till June 11?

What does everyone think? I'm sure we can figure this out if we put our minds together!

I don't seem to understand why such a big waitlist? I am not convinced about the yield argument. If Wharton already admitted people it really wanted then presumably these are people with strong profiles and hence would have admits from other places and more likely to decline the offer. While those on waitlist like me dont have an offer that will top Wharton admit and will happily take it...even on June 11th. So by wailisting more students Wharton can improve yield doesnt sound right to me aleast. If the waitlist is a backup for people from R3 who might decline then aweful lot of us waitlisters will be disappointed.

wonder what adcom is thinking, i am sure they have a very good reason for the big waitlist...

nath99
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
 Q47  V40 GMAT 2: 710  Q45  V42
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Send PM
Kudos
I dont think I have ever been happier about a ding! After the way most of us R1 WLers were treated I am convinced that I wouldnt fit in at W. It was very poor form, my commiserations to those who have once again been WL - especially if you are an Intl applicant
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Schools:Kellogg (Ding), Booth (Admit), Wharton (WL)
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: Management Consulting
WE 2: NGO
Send PM
Kudos
Waitlist again, I am not very happy with how Wharton is handling this. Too many things to take care before school, I think I am going to Booth. Good luck to everyone who is still on the list.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Congratulations to all who got in! To witlister's if Wharton is really your dream school then hold on. Once your in, it wouln't matter that you were waitlisted.

I was a R3 ding w/ interview. Planning to re-apply R1 next year.

Qustion: How many, if any, R3 interviewees were waitlisted?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:Wharton Class of 2011
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Long way to go. I wish you all the best.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 2.42
Send PM
Count me in !!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]