Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 22:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Can anyone give me some advice on how to have a final

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Schools: MIT (Sloan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 501 [0], given: 70

Can anyone give me some advice on how to have a final [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2011, 13:19
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
Can anyone give me some advice on how to have a final improvement in SC? I have used MGMAT SC guide, and my efficiency is now close to 80%. After finishing the guide I practiced a lot, but couldn't improve. Any suggested study plan for 40 days?
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Followers: 58

Kudos [?]: 498 [0], given: 157

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: How to improve in SC? [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2011, 23:30
Hi miguelmick,

The next phase after going through all the relevant material and practice tests for SC is the pattern recognition. I hope you have done all the hard work but some time you would be stuck between two options very close to each other. Then you can use the pattern recognition approach or you can try to read the mind of the writer. This strategy needs some confidence and a little practice. Try to find out what mistake the writer wants you to make. Isn't it funny?? :) But give this approach a try.

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 115

Reviews Badge
Re: How to improve in SC? [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2011, 12:54
I had the same issue. After completing the MGMAT SC book, I had all the rules but did not know how to apply them rules. I started with the OG questions. I feel that the OG has excellent explanations for the SC part. Start doing some questions, may be 10 per day and make sure you go though the answer explanations in OG. They are awesome and taought me to actually 'crack' SC.
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 295

Kudos [?]: 696 [0], given: 6

Re: How to improve in SC? [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2011, 09:56
Expert's post
heygirl wrote:
I had the same issue. After completing the MGMAT SC book, I had all the rules but did not know how to apply them rules. I started with the OG questions. I feel that the OG has excellent explanations for the SC part. Start doing some questions, may be 10 per day and make sure you go though the answer explanations in OG. They are awesome and taought me to actually 'crack' SC.

Yes, I agree with heygirl. Stick to OG questions as you don't want to practice with lower quality questions that might confuse you further. Here's a video explanation you might like.

Budget time for 10 questions per day but also budget time to redo questions you got wrong the previous day. Try to do them in random order, backwards and forwards. Over time, you'll have a cumulative improvement by compounding each day's learning with the previous day's learning. Hope that helps!

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Manager
Manager
WE 1: 5.0
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 315

Re: How to improve in SC? [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2011, 02:30
Hussain15 wrote:
Hi miguelmick,

The next phase after going through all the relevant material and practice tests for SC is the pattern recognition. I hope you have done all the hard work but some time you would be stuck between two options very close to each other. Then you can use the pattern recognition approach or you can try to read the mind of the writer. This strategy needs some confidence and a little practice. Try to find out what mistake the writer wants you to make. Isn't it funny?? :) But give this approach a try.

agree, i'd like to add that an error log by ourselves may help in this case. at least, it works for me.

Consider giving me kudos if you find my explanations helpful so i can learn how to express ideas to people more understandable.

Re: How to improve in SC?   [#permalink] 14 Mar 2011, 02:30