Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 02:08 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 02:08

Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 13, 22
Interviewed on:
Oct 24, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"The interview was generally friendly, lasted for about 50 minutes. Had the interview with Betsy. Asked questions around short term and long term goals, why MBA, why Carlson, what I'm bringing to the table. TMAT when you used data, TMAT when you received negative feedback"
This user wants to stay Private
4 years
Nigeria
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Apr 7, 22
Interviewed on:
Feb 1, 22
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"The interview was taken online (via Zoom) and lasted for about 30 minutes. An AdCom member took the interview. The questions were: - Take me through your professional experience, your roles, and responsibilities so far - What are your immediate and long-term goals? - Why are you choosing Carlson, and how would you contribute to Carlson? - Tell me about a leadership experience. - Tell me about a time you had a difficult conversation. What did you learn? - Any questions for me? I asked him about career support, internship, how to connect with alums and if he had any advice for me."
7 years
Bangladesh
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 26, 21
On Campus
Interviewed on:
Oct 5, 21
Final Decision:
Matriculating
"Received an invitation to interview on 5 August, approximately 1 week after submitting an application. Interview was in person (I flew there) with the director of admissions. She met me at the doors and immediately was very warm and welcoming. She gave me the option of interviewing in her office or in the atrium to be in a more open space. I said I was fine with either, and told her I was vaccinated (and boosted) but had a cold that I had I caught from my daughter, who is in daycare, so I should probably continue wearing a mask throughout. She wore hers as well. The interview ran the full hour, and consisted of the standard "walk me through your resume," "why now," "why MBA," "why Carlson/Minneapolis?" questions. One question I remember was about a time I actively worked to improve the diversity of my organization. She also asked what other schools I was applying to, and rather than demurring I told her, as part of my narrative is my desire to return to the midwest, and I only applied to midwest schools (in round one, anyway...). She also gave some good answers to my questions, which I didn't pre-prepare; the conversation naturally led to them. When it was over, she said that she was sorry she had to wrap it up but was due for another interview right then. I took that as a good sign. It was my only in-person interview and easily the best interview experience, and likely my best interview performance as well. It's hard to compare in-person vs. zoom, but I'm certainly at my most comfortable with the former. The vibes at the place in generally were really good. It may not be ranked as high as some other schools but in terms of fit, I don't think any other place comes close, for me anyway."
9 years
United States
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 11, 21
Interviewed on:
Oct 11, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"An Admissions committee staff conducted the interview. I submitted my application on 29 September and received my invitation to interview on 4 October. Please walk me through your CV. Short and Long-term goal Why Carlson How do you see yourself getting involved in the Carlson community personally or professionally? A time where I used data to solve a problem A time when I had a difficult conversation. What did you learn? Any questions?"
15.7 years
Nigeria
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 15, 21
Interviewed on:
Feb 15, 21
"Interviewed with the admissions. Very warm and gave an intro to the interview format. 1) Take me through your professional experience. 2) Why do you want an MBA? 3) Why an MBA now 4) How would your background help contribute to the experience in your MBA. 5) What are your short and long term goals? 6) What is your backup plan/ Plan B? 7) What other schools did you apply to? (They gave the option to not disclose). 8) A feedback you have received and how have you used it. 9) Tell me of a time you pushed for a diverse community in a group and how did it go. 9) Tell me about a time you took a risk 10) Tell me of a time when you worked on a project where some part was not clear. How did you go about it? The interview lasted 30 minutes."
3.4 years
United States
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 3, 21
Interviewed on:
Feb 3, 21
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"I interviewed with a GA. They took notes throughout except at the end when I asked questions. 1. Run me through your personal & professional experience 2. Why MBA now 3. How can you bring to the Carlson Community 4. Short Term Goals & Long Term Goals 5. Plan-B 6. A feedback you have received and how have you used it 7. Tell me about a time when you had to convince somebody to change 8. Tell me about a time you overcame a difficult situation 9. Tell me about a time you took a risk 10. What other programs you have applied and what factors you will consider if you get admits from all the schools (they said I didn't have to say what schools if I felt uncomfortable) Good luck to everyone!"
1 years
United States
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 29, 21
Interviewed on:
Oct 27, 20
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interviewer- Jennifer Lasted for about 25 mins, some of the talking points are listed as under: 1. Run me through your personal & professional experience 2. Why MBA now 3. Why Carlson 4. How can you fit into the Carlson Community 5. Short Term Goals 6. Plan-B 7. A feedback you have received and how have you used it 8. Tell me about a time when you had to convince somebody to change 9. Tell me about a time you overcame a difficult situation 10. Tell me about a time you took a risk 11. What other programs you have applied and what factors you will consider if you get admits from all the schools Hope this helps! All the best!!"
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Apr 2, 20
Interviewed on:
Dec 19, 19
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"I interviewed on 19th December. It was a straightforward interview. 1. Walk me through your resume. 2. Why MBA? 3. Why now? 4. Why Carlson? After this, few behavioral questions were asked, but the language was convoluted as to confuse the interviewee. Please don't mug up as you might get pretty nervous if you don't have good comprehension abilities. I did panic for a second but got into the track. As far as what i remember 1. Biggest accomplishment 2. biggest risk 3. Time when you had to convince a team member 4. Challenge you overcame At the end 1. What will you bring to carlson? 2. Do you have any questions ? That's pretty much about it."
Nepal
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 21, 18
Interviewed on:
Dec 20, 18
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"Hi all, I had interview with Natalie Dillon , She was Associate Director of Admissions. The interview lasted for 30 mins, with questions mostly as shared in the thread. But there were few surprises too. sharing all the Q's asked to me. 1. Started of with walk me through your resume 2. Why MBA. 3. Why Now 4. LT and ST Q's 5. Why Carlson. 6.What other schools have you applied or thinking of and why in those. 7. Most difficult decision you have taken 8. Risk you have taken and why 9. How you handled yourself in difficult Scenarios ( I quoted an example to explain her) 10. What is your thought on Leadership After this there was 10 min conversation where i asked her Q's (Make sure to ask innovative Q's) To tell you all, be frank with answers, and try to minimize gaps in resume. The more the gaps in your resume expect lot of questions in terms of your past experience and they will correlate with your essay. But not to worry much. Essays will come handy as most questions will be from that only. All the Best for upcoming interviews."
Debrief posted on  Dec 18, 18
Interviewed on:
Nov 26, 18
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I had a Skype interview with Brigette Marty. The interview lasted for around 30 minutes. She asked me around 10-12 questions. Most of them were general MBA questions. Some of the questions were: 1. Walk me through your resume. 2. Tell me more about your work experience? 3. Why MBA? 4. Why MBA right now? 5. Why Carlson? 6. Behavioral questions for following scenarios: a. Leadership b. Conflict management c. Diverse experience 7. Do you have any companies in mind you want to work for after your MBA? Would you want to work in the states after MBA or go back to India? 8. Strengths as a team member. In the end, there for time to discuss any questions for her."
Debrief posted on  Dec 4, 18
Interviewed on:
Nov 21, 18
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I had my interview with Kathryn Andersen from the Admissions Team. The interview itself was conversational (although she had an exact list of questions to ask) and she was quite friendly so that eased the pressure a bit. 1. Started off with explanaing my professional background 2. How does an MBA fit into this? 3. Why Carlson 4. ST and LT goals 5. Anything I am particularly proud of 6. A risk I have taken and what was my rationale behind takin that risk. 7. Leadership style This was followed by my questions for about 7-8 mins where we discussed about the city and the cold weather a bit. As a whole it lasted 30 mins sharp."
3 years
India
Debrief posted on  Dec 3, 18
Interviewed on:
Dec 15, 15
"Hi dudes, I did my interview with Tedi Mason at Carlson School. She was a perfect lady with a smiling face all of the time during interview. The interview went well and took approximately 28 minutes(seems to be low but it was as long as she told me at the start of the conversation) and very basic questions after a detailed CV followup. Why MBA and why now? Why Carlson? Extempore topic chosen by you. Actually she gave me a minute to prepare but i already knew the topic and prepared before so she was very kind when i tell that i already prepared myself for such a question. She smiled also :)) and after all she asked me If i have questions to her. I asked 2 questions and she promised me to interact with a current student and took my name down on her notes. Actually a wonderful experience for me and I think it was clear. Hope to have an admit with a good scholarship..wish u good luck guys. I would be happy to answer If you send PMs to me about this. Kind regards,"
Turkey
Debrief posted on  Dec 2, 18
Interviewed on:
Jan 2, 18
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"I will share my interview experience for R2. Very similar to what other users have said previously. It was a blind interview, meaning the interviewer had only briefly looked at my resume and had not read my essays. The interviewer asked me to go over my resume and experience, explain what jobs I have held, take her through a day at one of them, impact I have had at them, etc. Next is was the standard b-school interview questions - Why Carlson? Why an MBA? What are your short and long-term career goals? How will an MBA from Carlson help you achieve those? We also spoke about what enterprise I was interested in at Carlson. I was also asked about if my career plan didn't work out, what kind of backup plan did I have and how would Carlson fit into that. The final thing is they ask you to do a 2 minute speech on any topic that you choose. They just want to see how you communicate on the fly, so keep in mind a topic you might like to use."
United States
Interviewed on:
Dec 20, 17
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Let me share my experience so that it may help all future applicants :-) The interview was very conversational. It revolved around the general questions- Why MBA? Why now? Short Term and Long Term Goals? Why Carlson? There were follow up questions related to the challenges faced in profession, leadership style and experience in diverse teams. Then comes the last part - 2 minutes improptu speech on any topic you like. They might give an example to help you decide a topic as well. My advice: Be confident. Be thorough with your essays and resume. Do your research on the school and also convey during the interview you have done that . I hope this helps."
India
Interviewed on:
Dec 2, 17
"For all those who have their interviews in coming days or awaiting interviews here is the list of all interview questions that I compiled from the feedback of applicants who were already interviewed this year or previous year. 1. Walk me through your resume/ tell me about yourself? 2. Why MBA? Why now? 3. Short term-long term goals. 4. Why Carlson? 5. Strengths and weaknesses in a team setting? Or in general? 6. Challenges at work. 7. Leadership Style? 8. How do you approach an obstacle? 9. How do you present a complex topic to strangers? 10. What will you give the community? 11. Have you faced any ethical dilemma? 12. Where else are you going to apply and why? 13. Teamwork experience 14. 2-min extempore on a topic of my choice (1-2 min to prepare) 15. What challenges do you foresee you will face during your MBA? 16. Backup option? 17. Hobbies? 18. Any questions for me? 19. Why engineering as undergraduate? 20. Time when I had to convince a team member who was not co-operating 21. Time when I was bored with work 22. What would you do if you don't do MBA this year 23. Explain what jobs I have held, 24. Take her through a day at one of them, 25. Impact I have had at them, etc."
Debrief posted on  Feb 1, 18
Interviewed on:
Dec 21, 16
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Hi everyone, I had my interview with Dana Daniele a couple of days back. She is very cool and kept the interview as friendly as possible (We both smiled multiple times as we moved ahead with the interview ;-)). It was for around 45 minutes. Started with "Walk me through your resume", followed by a few traditional questions: Why MBA? Why Carlson? Why now? Strengths and weaknesses Then it went on some specific aspects of my profile. First and foremost thing is that you should know what all you have mentioned about self in your SOP, resume/CV, optional essay. By knowing I mean, they want to see if you actually are the person whom you have projected as in your profile and essays. So, be prepared with good number of situations where in you have proved yourself, As a leader As a team member As an eligible candidate for a B school etc,. Don't miss out on any single quality or word you have mentioned in the essays and resume. Expect one question, where they would give you a scenario and you will be asked to face it your way. Be very clear and specific on your post MBA goals, both short term and long term. Finally I was asked to talk for 2 minutes on any of my favorite topics. Once it is done, be prepared with some set of questions for interviewer. Altogether it was a great experience for me, this being my first admission interview. Bit tensed about result though. Should wait till Jan 15th. Be confident and you will do it. All the best :-)"
India
Debrief posted on  Feb 1, 18
Interviewed on:
Dec 14, 16
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Interviewed with Dana recently. It was a pleasant experience overall. Interview Length: 55 mins Interview Date: 14/12/2016 Questions: Run me through your resume? Follow-up questions on work profile? Short term & long term goal? Why now? How can an MBA help you? Why Carlson? Leadership Style? Strengths and Weaknesses in a team setting? 2-3 situational questions on team building/setting What other schools did you apply to and why? Sell a product/idea of your choice in 2 minutes ( A situation was given) Time for my questions In the end, she told that the results will be announced by Jan 15 2017. Good luck to everyone !!"
India