Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:52 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Took GMAT again - [#permalink]
I took the GMAT again. third attempt.

710 (Q47,V40).
Quant: 81% and Verbal:91%.

Please evaluate my profile based on this gmat score. Basically my question about the mark-sheet from my first 2 years of undergrad (the credits i transferred to the degree granting institution).

thanks much!
Idream
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: Took GMAT again - [#permalink]
Expert Reply
idream wrote:
I took the GMAT again. third attempt.

710 (Q47,V40).
Quant: 81% and Verbal:91%.

Please evaluate my profile based on this gmat score. Basically my question about the mark-sheet from my first 2 years of undergrad (the credits i transferred to the degree granting institution).

thanks much!
Idream

You have a competitive profile for the schools on your list, but you do need to explain those first two years of bad grades. BRiefly ascribe the bad grades to immaturity and show how well you did after transfering and in your graduate degree program.

Please see "Low GMAT or GPA"

Good luck
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thank you Linda for your answer.

idream.
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
idream wrote:
Thank you Linda for your answer.

idream.

you're most welcome. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Linda,

First of all thank for all your help. i got your 'submit a stellar application' and found it very useful.

Another question, if you can comment on what the adcoms will think when they see the word 'detained' on my marklist for one class. It is there because for that class i didnt attend class, submit work or attend the exam. I dont have transcripts, only official marklists and there are no explanations.

Thanks,
idream.
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
idream wrote:
Linda,

First of all thank for all your help. i got your 'submit a stellar application' and found it very useful.

Another question, if you can comment on what the adcoms will think when they see the word 'detained' on my marklist for one class. It is there because for that class i didnt attend class, submit work or attend the exam. I dont have transcripts, only official marklists and there are no explanations.

Thanks,
idream.

I'm glad you found Submit a Stellar Application useful. Thanks for the feedback.

I'm not sure how they will react to "detained," but it probably won't make them feel warm and fuzzy. Is that a mark you received during those first bad two years? If so, it will be explained in the essay where you address the bad grades.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Linda,

Yes it is the mark for one of my courses. I plan to explain in the essay that I did badly in my 2nd year because I could only transfer 60 credits to the american university which had already accepted me. As I already had the 60 credits i needed, since the remaining wouldnt transfer anyway I skipped class... Anyway I didnt have the foresight to think about mark lists from that first 2 years. As that is the truth i am going to say it was my immaturity that made me make that decision. Should I explain the detained grade at all specifically. I think it means incomplete. I am hoping that my Masters gpa of 3.8 and my undergrad gpa of 3.88 and GMAT 710 will mitigtate most of the effect of this... I read your article on Low GPA/GMAT and I think i have pretty much done everything I can.

Thanks for all your advice.
idream.
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
idream wrote:
Hi Linda,

Yes it is the mark for one of my courses. I plan to explain in the essay that I did badly in my 2nd year because I could only transfer 60 credits to the american university which had already accepted me. As I already had the 60 credits i needed, since the remaining wouldnt transfer anyway I skipped class... Anyway I didnt have the foresight to think about mark lists from that first 2 years. As that is the truth i am going to say it was my immaturity that made me make that decision. Should I explain the detained grade at all specifically. I think it means incomplete. I am hoping that my Masters gpa of 3.8 and my undergrad gpa of 3.88 and GMAT 710 will mitigtate most of the effect of this... I read your article on Low GPA/GMAT and I think i have pretty much done everything I can.

Thanks for all your advice.
idream.

I wouldn't go into any details about "detained." Write an essay taking responsibility for those first two years succinctly and attributing the results to poor judgement. Then point to what you did after that period when good judgement and maturity prevailed.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]