Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:03 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2014 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink]
lemonems wrote:
mattpitt82 wrote:
I logged into the admitted student website today and upon checking the application checklist saw a "green check mark" and a message saying Employment Verification Received. A couple of days back when I had submitted the verification form it had a "red cross mark" and said Awaiting Verification...

Has anyone else seen this too??

I have a green check dated 7.09.2012. My employer verifies employment through a third party. It went from red x to green check within a few hours of when I sent in the info.

Does anyone else have the green checkmark next to employment verification? I submitted the verification form the day I received the email from Booth, and I still have a red X. Wonder why it's taking so long... :roll:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
In the same boat myself ls413..wondering what the delay is all about..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
+1. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only person.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Because, they have 600+ verifications to do, and have only been at it for a mere 10 business days. I will not assume that there is some problem unless it is beyond August 15, and I still don't see a green check mark. Also, note that not all companies will release information over the phone. So for each candidate, it's not just a few minutes over the phone verifying information. It's probably a 3-4 day process - Booth sends request to company, company generates the information, company relays it back to Booth, Booth updates your status. Most of this is manual anyways, so............hunker down.

ls413 wrote:
lemonems wrote:
mattpitt82 wrote:
I logged into the admitted student website today and upon checking the application checklist saw a "green check mark" and a message saying Employment Verification Received. A couple of days back when I had submitted the verification form it had a "red cross mark" and said Awaiting Verification...

Has anyone else seen this too??

I have a green check dated 7.09.2012. My employer verifies employment through a third party. It went from red x to green check within a few hours of when I sent in the info.

Does anyone else have the green checkmark next to employment verification? I submitted the verification form the day I received the email from Booth, and I still have a red X. Wonder why it's taking so long... :roll:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V43
Send PM
The only common thread I have seen so far for employment verification is that both people who reported a complete employment verification had companies that released employment verification over the phone. My employer uses an automated service that someone just needs to call to and they get the employment verification within minutes.

On the employment verification form there was a separate checklist for "does your employer use a third party to verify employment"... I am guessing that's how Booth admin orders which verification to do first...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
As of Monday, July 23, I have a green check mark next to the words "Employment Verification." :-D I'm suddenly feeling more like an official Boothie. Although, I wasn't really expecting for there to be any issues with the verification process...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
bovice wrote:
As of Monday, July 23, I have a green check mark next to the words "Employment Verification." :-D I'm suddenly feeling more like an official Boothie. Although, I wasn't really expecting for there to be any issues with the verification process...

I finally got my green check mark! :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Statistics, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:
So we've been talking about a GMAT club meet and greet before school starts. Will everyone be in Chicago by the last week in August. The pre accounting class gets out by 4:30 August 27-28 and by 1:30 on August 29. How does a 5:30 happy hour at Benchmark sound? Let me know which day you'd prefer and I can call and see if I can reserve some tables for us.

I am arriving in Chicago on August 28th.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
Anyone else still waiting for employment verification to go through? I didn't make up my past or anything. I'm just curious if there are still a bunch outstanding or if there's a hold up I need to check on and fix (my most recent employment situation was weird). Surely they would have contacted me if they actually ran into any issues. I just want to see the green check...
VP
VP
Send PM
tctc33 wrote:
Anyone else still waiting for employment verification to go through? I didn't make up my past or anything. I'm just curious if there are still a bunch outstanding or if there's a hold up I need to check on and fix (my most recent employment situation was weird). Surely they would have contacted me if they actually ran into any issues. I just want to see the green check...

I'm still waiting for mine. I know what the issue was so I fixed it. Hopefully they should be able to take care of it by next week. I wouldn't worry until they tell you to worry.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm still waitin'.
Gettin' pretty frustratin'.

:x

tctc33 wrote:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Pssshawww.....what? Me (we) worry? No way !

I am (we are) the person (persons) that is (who are) giving up a perfectly enjoyable and rewarding career(s) to place, essentially, a ~$350K bet.
What can possibly be reason enough to worry ?!!??!!

cheetarah1980 wrote:
tctc33 wrote:

I'm still waiting for mine. I know what the issue was so I fixed it. Hopefully they should be able to take care of it by next week. I wouldn't worry until they tell you to worry.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I got tired of waiting and e-mailed them to ask if I could be of further assistance. They responded by saying "When we reach your application in the process your employer will be contacted, if we experience any problems, we will contact you."

2 days later it went green...I don't know if that was a coincidence or a result of me bothering them.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hmmmm......it's August 15th, and I'm still seeing red. Anybody else waiting and anybody heard back about any difficulties the admissions office faced in getting through to employers? This is taking almost as long as the original admission process took. Not cool.

MDF wrote:
I got tired of waiting and e-mailed them to ask if I could be of further assistance. They responded by saying "When we reach your application in the process your employer will be contacted, if we experience any problems, we will contact you."

2 days later it went green...I don't know if that was a coincidence or a result of me bothering them.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Still waiting..quite frustrating since I had given them the required information on the very first day itself.. :|
VP
VP
Send PM
Hey all! Let's plan for a GMAT Club happy hour at Benchmark (1510 N Wells St) on August 29 at 6p.m. You can check out the menu at www.benchmarkchicago.com. Let me know if you'll attend so I can give the restaurant an approximate count. Can't wait to finally meet everyone.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
^^I'll come on Wednesday.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10