Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:28 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 288
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 288
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Re: Clear Admit School Guides - reviews? Worth it? [#permalink]
riverripper wrote:
Never bought them but saw one, basically its great for lazy people who dont want to do research for themselves. All the info is easily available and free on numerous other sources. You will learn far more about schools reading their websites and following threads on this place...check out the last few seasons threads on here and you will really learn a lot.

Thanks refurb and riverripper. I've been going past years threads on each school that I'm interested in and have found quite a bit of information.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
I've also seen one of their school guides. While it was convenient to have all the information presented in one document, there certainly wasn't any information there that you couldn't find on the schools' website, and considerably less info than you can find in these forums. IMO, it's not worth paying for (especially since I think they charge like $30 a piece).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:HBS class of 2011
Send PM
I bought 4 or 5 of them. Indeed, there is nothing more than you'll find on schools' websites. However, I think it's a very good way to start researching schools (esp. if you have limited time). These guides tell you what's unique about each school - this allows you to focus your research on unique school's characteristics in a very quick way. I found it very helpful for "why our school" part.

Overall, if you wanna buy, I'd say buy these guides for your top 2-3 choices.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
Schools:BC (PT), NYU (PT), Oxford, Cambridge, IMD
Send PM
I slightly disagree. They are totally worth it, as time savers and helping you hone in on your school choices.

the Manhattan GMAT classroom here in Boston has the clearadmit guides, i flipped through them while I was waiting for my GMAT books. You can always buy a use edition, if your not so concerned about the most current info.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
I think these guides are very very helpful and well worth the price. Yes, you can find most of the information on the schools website and other sites for free but I feel it is very valuable to have all the info organized in one packet.

It has saved me a lot of time and has also helped to organize and highlight important areas of the schools.

As an example, before I visited a school I read the guide. The guide pointed out some interesting aspects of the school which caused me to do more research and as a result I felt very comfortable on the school visit as I felt I knew the school well already. Which further helped me asked more in depth questions to the adcom when I was at the school.
GMAT Club Bot