Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:57 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 492 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 298 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Oxford'10
 Q49  V37
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Re: Cranfield stops applications for 2009 intake. [#permalink]
Guys this is absolutely shocking on Cranfield's part. Surely they could at least READ more applications - it would boost their selectivity stat in the rankings if not anything else. I am really sorry (and a little disgusted with Cranfield) to hear this.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 298 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Oxford'10
 Q49  V37
Send PM
Amit,

I just checked their website and it says nothing of this sort. I think as a next step, you should talk to them on the phone. My MBA apps are in the balance at the moment. I am a Judge Interview WL and a Oxford r2 applicant who is waiting for the final decision (Mar 27th).

To be honest, I haven't been preparing for Cranfied as had as I should have, because the post interview blues combined with a really really busy couple of months at work and home for me meant that my Cranfield app didn't get finished in March.

But now if Oxford rejects me, I will be left in the lurch somewhat. What's your situation? Application for the 2010 intake? What other schools did you apply to?

BSD, I share your sentiments. I think communication with applicants is very important . After all, we are the ones who pay thousands of £$ and spend countless hours in pursuit of an MBA. I think Cranfield dropped the ball here. Thanks for the support.

-buff
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Cranfield SOM
 Q46  V40
Send PM
Guys

On one of the other forums I saw that a person's app was rejected by Cranfield in mid feb since they had already received a lot of apps from that demographic. But after that, I did see a lot of candidates with similar demographic info get admitted. So this leads me to believe:

1) Cranfield has unofficial demogrphic quota - just like any other bschool
2) Even if the quota is reached they still read your app and if you are an outstanding candidate they select you for an interview.
3) So you got to market yourself effectively

Considering that Cranfield hasn't updated their website:

Buff - I would suggest that you finish your app ASAP and submit it. Since Cranfield hasn't officially closed their app cycle they would hopefully process your app. Being from NZ I think it would add to the diversity factor.

Amit - Similarly, give it a try. Don't get discouraged. Hopefully they would read your app and call you for an interview.

Look at the bright side - If it doesn't work out (I hope it does work out for you guys) you already have your application prepared for 2010 / 2011 batch.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
scorpioguy wrote:
Guys

On one of the other forums I saw that a person's app was rejected by Cranfield in mid feb since they had already received a lot of apps from that demographic. But after that, I did see a lot of candidates with similar demographic info get admitted. So this leads me to believe:

1) Cranfield has unofficial demogrphic quota - just like any other bschool
2) Even if the quota is reached they still read your app and if you are an outstanding candidate they select you for an interview.
3) So you got to market yourself effectively

Considering that Cranfield hasn't updated their website:

Buff - I would suggest that you finish your app ASAP and submit it. Since Cranfield hasn't officially closed their app cycle they would hopefully process your app. Being from NZ I think it would add to the diversity factor.

Amit - Similarly, give it a try. Don't get discouraged. Hopefully they would read your app and call you for an interview.

Look at the bright side - If it doesn't work out (I hope it does work out for you guys) you already have your application prepared for 2010 / 2011 batch.

Thanks scorpioguy for your encouragement. But the clear mail from Cranfield leaves no room for me to remain optimistic esp. when I belong to the most visible demography. But thanks for your help.

Hey buff, bsd_lover, did you try getting in touch with them ? Are you going ahead with your plans for applying there ?
GMAT Club Bot