Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:49 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Current IMD Students' Blogs [#permalink]
FROM gmat4IMD - Current Student: Lights, Camera, Action!
The last couple of weeks were totally action packed. Starting
right from the storyboarding where we learnt that presentation is not all about
slides but how they are connected to each other to tell a compelling story. The
most important part of a presentation is to be able to answer the “so what”
question based on the content in the slides.
But, we learnt from a British actor, Richard Hallo, that
presentation is not all about what we put in the slides rather what we show
through our body language. Every day, people surrounding us interpret our body
language in different ways and more often than not the interpretation turns out
to be wrong. As a leader in tough situations, all of our signals are subject to
interpretation by others. Hence, we learnt to concentrate in the non-verbal
element. Richard has a great sense of humor and he forced us to learn the
obvious.
We ended the week presenting the industry analysis that we
had been working on for the past month and a half. The IMD experience is
nothing but a roller coaster ride. By the time, you think it is going to be
easy, the next one hits you harder. This week was all about the build up to the
dreaded 48-hour integrative exercise. We got to solve a case in our respective
groups. It was intense but we even managed to squeeze a birthday party in for
10 minutes. It was an amazing experience that made us factor in the uncertainties
in the real world and how we would address the time pressure and still manage
to work in a group.
With exams fast approaching, it is no time to put our legs
up and relax just as yet. Let me get ready for the Finance lecture on Monday.
Have a great weekend!!!
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Current Student
Send PM
FROM gmat4IMD - Current Student: It’s a beautiful day!
Though IMD MBA life is hectic, it is very important to take time out to enjoy the real beauty of Switzerland. IMD is located in such a serene and picturesque environment, the whole experience is literally a hop away. Last week, my wife and I managed to go for a walk to Pully on a beautiful day last week. A few pictures to depict the beauty of this stunning place.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Current Student
Send PM
FROM gmat4IMD - Current Student: How would you make a Friday morning Lecture interesting?
It is difficult to keep the same energy and attention on a Friday morning in an intensive MBA like IMD. Isn’t it?
Yeah. I thought so too. But, my perspective was proven wrong the moment I heard a voice saying “Yes, it was a good decision” as we were talking about an accounting case. We all turned around to see this tall man walking down the aisle to take the center stage from our accounting professor Leif Sjoblom. And he went to introduce himself as Torkel Olrik.
In the 90s he turned around the 3rd largest bank in Denmark. Everyone’s eyes lit up at the sight of Olrik, the character we were reading the previous for class discussion.  All of a sudden, the lecture turned into a dialogue. Questions were thrown at my peers and questions were thrown back at Olrik. He managed to keep the 90 students at the edge of their seats. Suddenly the accounting class has turned into accounting, leadership, organizational behavior, strategy and what not and what what??? From his successful strategy at the bank to his experiences at various other jobs including solving family disputes of heirs, he made us want more of his experiences.
A man who made us feel the confidence of being at the right place. Well done Olrik! Can’t thank Leif enough for this experience.
I’m sure he would inspire a whole bunch of future MBAs to come. While Olrik was shining bright in the class, so did the sun outside the class… It was time for some Vitamin D.
Current Student
Send PM
FROM gmat4IMD - Current Student: Exams over! Phew...
Finally, the first set of exams are over. We managed to finally get some time to breathe. Just before the exams, we managed to celebrate the Indian festival of holi in the campus.

As soon as the hole celebrations were over, we were off to open our books to study for the exams.
Most of us were stuck in the dungeons during the exam preparation that some of the partners even decided to get us dinner. The support from the partners is amazing and one of the strong points of IMD. We are all in it together at the end of the day.

As soon as the exams were over, I decided to enjoy the scenic Switzerland a bit. MBA life is so fast that it is easy to forget that some of the most beautiful and mesmerizing places is just train ride away from IMD. I managed to take the train from Montreux to Zweisimmen in the panoramic train called the “Golden Pass.” Such a surreal experience at 2000 meters up in the mountains on a train.
As soon as one comes to Lausanne, it is advisable to take the Half-fare card. This would help you save a lot of money for the trains and buses. For the partners, it is a no brainer.

Current Student
Send PM
FROM gmat4IMD - Current Student: Time for inspiration!!!
It was surreal to see the man who heads a company which sells more than a billion products a day worldwide. When it comes to household names, there are hardly any companies which can compete with Nestle. We were lucky enough to share the room with Mr. Paul Bulcke, the CEO of Nestlé.
It is much more of a privilege to have him as one of the alumni of the school as he did an executive development program at IMD. He was more than happy to address all our questions though it took him more than the time he had allotted for us.

When you are in the game to become one of the 90 exceptional leaders who will shape the future, it is always nice to listen to the leaders who are shaping the future now.
At the end of the day, we believe in “Real world, Real learning”
Current Student
Send PM
FROM gmat4IMD - Current Student: Tic Toc!!!
Strategy, innovation, marketing, finance… The second module has been pretty engaging. Though, no lack of memorable times. There is no lack of high profile guest speakers. One of the most inspirational ones we had was Mr. Jean Claude Biver, the man who turned around the fortunes of Blancpain, Omega, Hublot and Tag Heuer.

The most common trait in all these inspirational leaders is the passion. Mr. Biver was not only passionate but also so inspirational to all of us. I couldn’t believe sitting in front of the man who took Hublot from being a small to company to a one of the best luxury Swiss watch companies in the world making watches that worth up to 5 million dollars.
He is a natural when it comes to marketing and his charisma swept all of us off our feet. When it takes the most influential leaders a lifetime to turn around the fortunes of one single company, Mr. Biver managed to repeat his success over and over again. Thanks to IMD and our energetic marketing professor Dr. Gautam Challagalla, we managed to witness the legend himself in front of our eyes.
Current Student
Send PM
FROM gmat4IMD - Current Student: Interview by Gyan one
Rishabh from Gyan one services, India had a one to one interview with me where I shared my experience at IMD till now.
https://www.gyanone.com/blog/life-at-imd-interview-with-imd-mba/
Current Student
Send PM
FROM gmat4IMD - Current Student: Interview by GyanOne
Rishabh from GyanOne MBA admission consultants, India had a one to one interview with me where I shared my experience at IMD till now.
Current Student
Send PM
FROM gmat4IMD - Current Student: The best year yet!!!

Finally at the end of one of the best years of my life. I would rather say it has just paved the way to a completely new beginning.
The best part about IMD is how close knit the peers are. Rather than saying the traditional goodbyes we all said “See you soon” as we all are waiting for our first year reunions. It was an emotional farewell to all the peers, staff, IMD campus (where we spent most of our time) and Lausanne (one of the best places to live).
As we were trained in a “Real world, Real learning” environment, we do understand that life moves on and there is always https://gmatclub.com/chat and FaceTime to ensure that distance doesn’t matter. :*)
In a months time, I’ll be moving back to Europe to work for the biggest e-commerce retailer in the world. Thanks to IMD. Overall, I don’t think I could’ve ever taken a better decision in my life than IMD. From the high seas to the e-commerce giant, no other B-school could’ve made this huge transition feel like smooth sailing than IMD.
Thank you very much for reading this blog!!! Good luck for the MBA and an amazing future!!!
Current Student
Send PM
FROM gmat4IMD - Current Student: Interview by GyanOne
Rishabh from GyanOne MBA admission consultants, India had a one to one interview with me where I shared my experience at IMD till now.
Current Student
Send PM
FROM gmat4IMD - Current Student: The best year yet!!!

Finally at the end of one of the best years of my life. I would rather say it has just paved the way to a completely new beginning.
The best part about IMD is how close knit the peers are. Rather than saying the traditional goodbyes we all said “See you soon” as we all are waiting for our first year reunions. It was an emotional farewell to all the peers, staff, IMD campus (where we spent most of our time) and Lausanne (one of the best places to live).
As we were trained in a “Real world, Real learning” environment, we do understand that life moves on and there is always https://gmatclub.com/chat and FaceTime to ensure that distance doesn’t matter. :*)
In a months time, I’ll be moving back to Europe to work for the biggest e-commerce retailer in the world. Thanks to IMD. Overall, I don’t think I could’ve ever taken a better decision in my life than IMD. From the high seas to the e-commerce giant, no other B-school could’ve made this huge transition feel like smooth sailing than IMD.
Thank you very much for reading this blog!!! Good luck for the MBA and an amazing future!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Wow, thanks for sharing those.

It was great to finally see Lausanne with snow.

Carlos
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived IMD Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our IMD Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated IMD Forum for all fresh things related to the IMD MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts