Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:29 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 839 [0]
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am glad I came back (as you can see). I believe its perfectly possible that the deletion was due to some fail on the system, now looking calmly at the situation and specially after your kind and thoughtful explanations.

It is just that, at the time, I felt a little ripped off when my post simply disappeared after I have disagreed with the majority here. I rushed to a conclusion that I now realize might be a wrong one.

Anyway, nice to meet you guys and I plan to get back here from time to time( as you can probably tell, my english needs improvement and forums are a nice way to seek it).

See you later!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
just out of curiosity .. where is the post of the '800 guy'? I cannot seem to locate it. Would be an interesting read if it indeed a lie. :lol:
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1539 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
wasn't the 800guy posted by nikerun21 or so? I think I saw him hanging around 2 days ago... Last time I re-read that post must have been 2-3 weeks ago
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
trishuls wrote:
just out of curiosity .. where is the post of the '800 guy'? I cannot seem to locate it. Would be an interesting read if it indeed a lie. :lol:

Good question,

I looked for it immediately (I do move topics around if they don't fit the section, but I usually leave a link to it in the original forum and it has a "MOVED" label).

I have searched for the topic, trust me :), before posting, but nothing. I have tried to use the date.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Paul .. I looked up that post .. but in there nikerun21 was talking just hypothetically about the effects of an 800 score .. is that the same post? just wanted to read about an 800 experience .. :)

bb .. no big deal if you cannot find it .. just wanted to see how people can conjure up a fake 800 score..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 839 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yes nikerun21 had made that very silly post and has now deleted the post. One can delete one's own post. I very clearly remember his proclaiming an 800 score and since the club members had never seen him in action, only making snide remarks, of course there was instant rebuttal. His latest post (requesting feedback on Kaplan 2004-2005 book) is proof enough that he had made the post incorrectly. Probably - after my post , he will try to delete his latest post also - so I am giving it below.

nikerun21 wrote:

Re: GMAT 800 KAPLAN, 2004-2005
Is this a good book, i haven't seen ne reviews, but i was wondering if its worth buying?

BB's response : I'd assume it is very similar to the previous edition. I think this one is the second edition. I doubt it will be considerably "better" than the previous one. However, I would not hesitate about paying $17.50 for the book.
Below is a link to Amazon.

The Club is not averse to an 800 score, however, this is not a place where scores matter ! What matters is whether you are learning yourself and helping others reach the highest score they can - through practice, advice and sharing of own experiences. There are many people proclaiming 800 on bw forums - and some even claiming 52 on quant (!!).
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts