Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:24 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 951 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Life
Schools:Hard Knocks
 Q47  V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Re: Devastated: Barrons GMAT 580 (Q44/V23) [#permalink]
worry about studying questions and fundanmentals and worry about tests later. And with regards to tests, gmatprep and powerprep were the only useful ones for me. Buy the gmatclub challenges as well. Spend the next month on the gmatclub challenges, all the OG questions, getting familiar with the patterns, the types of questions you see, how to solve them quick. Then spend the month after that doing gmatprep questions over and over again. For verbal, learn all the SC rules, do problems on gmatclub verbal, find the patterns there as well.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1737 [0]
Send PM
snoor wrote:
I took a Barron's test this morning. Completely devastated. Got 8 quantative and 19 verbal questions wrong. While I noticed some typos on the test, I was wondering if anyone else who had used the Barron's test prep material can comment on the difficulty / accuracy of the Barron's test wrt the real GMAT.

I have about 4 weeks to go for the GMAT. I've already finished the Kaplan, PR and OG books. I am using the MGMAT SC, Geometry and Number Properties guide to address those problem areas and taking as many tests as I can get my hands on. Pointers on how I should spend the next 4 weeks would be really helpful.

Thanks people. You guys have been really helpful.

Barron's is trash as well as Kaplan.

Use something better such as MGMAT or the GMATPrep's
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 291 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Ross Class of 2011
 Q49  V40
Send PM
First you should never be devastated by a practice test. Second, you should not be taking so many practice test if you are scoring below 600 unless the reason you are scoring so bad is timing. You MUST analyze what you are doing wrong then go back to the books and fix your mistakes.

I went from mid 400 to over 700 on the real thing. Don't be devastated by practice test, just focus on your mistakes and you'll be fine.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the pointers and encouragement. I'll come back to you guys if I have any questions. Cheers!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts