Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:26 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
VP
VP
 Q49  V44
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well take Chicago, Kellogg, HBS, or Wharton...all popular schools here and each gets thousands and thousands of applications. Do you think they are going to spend the time trying to match them up.

Besides I dont think we would apply to schools without actually wanting to go there. I never get the people who apply to 5 schools, get into two then decide just to reapply the next year.

Personally I don't even know which of my first three apps I would choose at this point if I got into all three. There are so many positives for each school and each also has some negatives. I think I would go to admitted student weekends and see what my future classmates would be like before picking. Then again if I only get into one I will definitely go there.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q51  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think we represent under 5% of the MBA applicants. So if I am on adcom, I will not bother.
BTW, you are right in saying that they can link us to profile if they want. Infact, I accidently got the identity of one person here, since his profile here could be very easily linked to his Orkut profile that I came across.
VP
VP
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
hbs.aspirant wrote:
I think we represent under 5% of the MBA applicants. So if I am on adcom, I will not bother.
BTW, you are right in saying that they can link us to profile if they want. Infact, I accidently got the identity of one person here, since his profile here could be very easily linked to his Orkut profile that I came across.

Orkut :shock:
Was it my profile???

I bet US people will ask: What the $#%& is that Orkut :lol:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
 Q51  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
Not yours. It was another famous GMATclubber.
BTW, I am in US, have been here past 4.5 years.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Re: Does any Adcom staff look around here? [#permalink]
kwam wrote:
I saw somedays ago at the BW forum somebody from adcom giving an explanation about something. Does the same situation happen here? Is there anybody from adcom here looking what we are discussing about?

Hate to state the obvious, but this is an open forum. Assume nothing.

Just follow Praetorian's golden rule: Be nice. Bring your best behavior to the forum and you will never ever be in trouble. If you are honest about what you reveal here, I see no problems
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yield control...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
riverripper wrote:
Yield control...

That and you can never please everybody all of the time. Even if I'm nice and PC, someone may take my comment out of context and it'll bite be back in the behind.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
I bet if they are here, they are more interested in how their school is viewed by potential applicants. Some of us standout much more than others in terms of profiles but even then I wouldn't worry to much unless you trash a school that you then apply to.

*Edit: or you are like one of the posters that appear from time to time and really offend people with your remarks and opinions. Don't worry that doesn't describe you...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
riverripper wrote:
I bet if they are here, they are more interested in how their school is viewed by potential applicants. Some of us standout much more than others in terms of profiles but even then I wouldn't worry to much unless you trash a school that you then apply to.

*Edit: or you are like one of the posters that appear from time to time and really offend people with your remarks and opinions. Don't worry that doesn't describe you...

I know who you're talking about. If that guy really put up his true profile, he could probably be easily indentified.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
gmatclb wrote:
riverripper wrote:

I know who you're talking about. If that guy really put up his true profile, he could probably be easily indentified.

*Snicker* You are probably right...ha! :lol:
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
As suggested above, the safe assumption is that they are reading these posts . . .
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]