Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:15 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: PhD
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Management in Pharmaceuticals
Schools:LBS, ESADE
 Q45  V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:LBS
 Q47  V47
Send PM
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V47
Send PM
Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink]
bdlphn98 wrote:
hi all,

would love to get your insight, since some of you have gone through the final stages of the application process with ESADE. i submitted my app this past dec. 11th deadline and received an email (shortly thereafter) that some of the admissions staff will be coming to my country soon to hold info sessions, fairs and conduct interviews. they mentioned they would like to meet me and will contact me soon. it seemed very casual, but i'm not sure if they try to meet all the applicants or those that they're highly considering. i'm trying to determine if i've passed through the first application review stage to garner a meeting with an admissions staff.
also, i know applications have risen this past year, any idea by how much?

thanks,
bdlphn

bdlphn, from what you write i would also guess that you have made it into the interview round. my interview 'invite' was also very casual - rather than an official invitation letter, thay called me, we had a chat, and then my admin director said she'll be in town soon, why dont we meet in person to get to know each other better. so i would say so far so good! :)

i have also read the article cesque mentions above, and from another info event I think i remember hearing that applications were up 75% on previous year by this time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: general
Send PM
thanks all. this is helpful!

i just found out the admissions team won't be in my area until after the notification time of Feb. 5th. i'm inclined to email and ask how that impedes my application review since it would be after the descisions awarded deadline. i guess it would be more convenient for them to meet in person vs. over the phone/video conference and wait the few extra weeks to see me in the flesh! but weird, right?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
 Q47  V35
Send PM
even i applied close to the dec11th deadline, and had receivd a similar mail, but since then no response from the admissions team, i have checkd and it says that they wil be in my country around jan 9 and 10th...so does tht mean i'l have to wait a bit longer to know if im thru fr the interview stage or not!!! :| :(
Intern
Intern
Schools:Haas (R2) admitted, Stanford (R2) admitted
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Hello everyone,

First of all congratulations to all the admits! I will be applying to the January deadline, being european I do not have to worry about the Visa, I just hope you guys have left some seats available for the next rounds ;)
I havent been able to attend an admission event from ESADE and I still have one question I hope you guys can help me with. I am fluent in Spanish because I have worked in Mexico for several years, however I have no "official" document to prove this. I would like to apply to the bilingual program to improve my business Spanish, but the only requierement I can find for this is the TOEFL, which seems a bit odd to me. Any clues about this? Can a non native Spanish speaker apply to the bilingual track?

Thanks for your help!
Milie
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V47
Send PM
Milie wrote:
Hello everyone,

First of all congratulations to all the admits! I will be applying to the January deadline, being european I do not have to worry about the Visa, I just hope you guys have left some seats available for the next rounds ;)
I havent been able to attend an admission event from ESADE and I still have one question I hope you guys can help me with. I am fluent in Spanish because I have worked in Mexico for several years, however I have no "official" document to prove this. I would like to apply to the bilingual program to improve my business Spanish, but the only requierement I can find for this is the TOEFL, which seems a bit odd to me. Any clues about this? Can a non native Spanish speaker apply to the bilingual track?

Thanks for your help!
Milie

hello Milie! welcome to the thread, and good luck with your applications! I know for sure that non-native Spanish speakers can do the bilingual track, and many do that to improve their business Spanish, like you are planning. However, I am not sure how they test your Spanish skills or what certificates they require. But in my case for example, they didn't require a TOEFL, as I did my undergrad degree in English. I think the fact you lived in Mexico for several years might be enough for them to prove Spanish language proficiency - however, best is to just drop the admin team a quick email and I'm sure they'll be happy to help (after Christmas break, I suppose).

good luck again with your admin process! :)
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V47
Send PM
hello ESADE applicants and admits! just wanted to say Merry Christmas to those of you who celebrate it!! (aware of huge school diversity! :) )

will be writing my scholarship essays in the next few days, hopfully the committee will be in a merry mood as well ;)
Intern
Intern
Schools:Haas (R2) admitted, Stanford (R2) admitted
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Thanks Vgeri!

I think for now I will apply to the English curriculum and if i am lucky and get admitted I ll investigate my options...It s probably better for me to focus on the application for now :wink:
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V47
Send PM
Milie wrote:
Thanks Vgeri!

I think for now I will apply to the English curriculum and if i am lucky and get admitted I ll investigate my options...It s probably better for me to focus on the application for now :wink:

ok Milie, although i'm sure it wont hurt anyone if you just drop them a mail asking what your options were. but makes sense to concentrate on the app! good luck! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vgeri wrote:
bdlphn98 wrote:
hi all,

would love to get your insight, since some of you have gone through the final stages of the application process with ESADE. i submitted my app this past dec. 11th deadline and received an email (shortly thereafter) that some of the admissions staff will be coming to my country soon to hold info sessions, fairs and conduct interviews. they mentioned they would like to meet me and will contact me soon. it seemed very casual, but i'm not sure if they try to meet all the applicants or those that they're highly considering. i'm trying to determine if i've passed through the first application review stage to garner a meeting with an admissions staff.
also, i know applications have risen this past year, any idea by how much?

thanks,
bdlphn

bdlphn, from what you write i would also guess that you have made it into the interview round. my interview 'invite' was also very casual - rather than an official invitation letter, thay called me, we had a chat, and then my admin director said she'll be in town soon, why dont we meet in person to get to know each other better. so i would say so far so good! :)

i have also read the article cesque mentions above, and from another info event I think i remember hearing that applications were up 75% on previous year by this time.

Actually I also submitted my application for the 11 Dec round and got a similar mail regarding info sessions/interviews. But I really doubt if its an interview invite. It seems more like a heads up that if we want to meet them as part of info session in our country then we can in the given slots.

Did anybody who applied for this round get a formal interview invite? It seems that in India the interviews would be scheduled on 9th and 10th Jan and I am wondering why havent they intimated us the interview calls yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi ALL
Merry Xmas! and Happy New Year!

I got a reply sayin this:
We are writing to inform you that we have received all your outstanding application documents for the Full Time MBA programme.
At this moment, your file will be reviewed by one of our Associate Directors of Admissions who will contact you directly if you pass through to the next stage: the personal interview.
During this time we will keep you updated if further information is required.

It looks much different what others seem to have got about the Info sessions....

Hopefully will know more soon....

ciao
Intern
Intern
Send PM
packan wrote:
Hi ALL
Merry Xmas! and Happy New Year!

I got a reply sayin this:
We are writing to inform you that we have received all your outstanding application documents for the Full Time MBA programme.
At this moment, your file will be reviewed by one of our Associate Directors of Admissions who will contact you directly if you pass through to the next stage: the personal interview.
During this time we will keep you updated if further information is required.

It looks much different what others seem to have got about the Info sessions....

Hopefully will know more soon....

ciao

This mail is just a confirmation that our application is complete. I believe all of us would have got this mail but then there was another mail with the subject "The ESADE MBA visits Asia" regarding the info session, interview slots details. I really doubt if the latter could be considered an interview invite.
Lets hope to hear more from them soon :)
And best of luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Good News on New Years Eve...
Got the official Interview Invite...will be interviewing next weekend in Singapore.

Hope it goes well!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
 Q47  V35
Send PM
congratulations packan ...and best f luck fr the interview.. :-D

m still waitn fr my invite..i hope i get one.. :|
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anybody from India who applied for Dec 11th round got a call/reject from ESADE?
Supposedly the interviews of ESADE in India are for the coming weekend but I am wondering why haven't they intimated us till now?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: general
Send PM
Hi all, hope you enjoyed the holiday and new year!

My first correspondence with admissions actually wasn't a formal invite after I had asked. It actually was just an FYI about info sessions. However, I did receive an official interview invite over the phone (clarifying my confusion)! I'm in the US and they won't be coming here until Feb - after awards have been granted.
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V47
Send PM
bdlphn98,

congratulations on your interview invite!!

do not worry about scholarships, half of the scholarship budget will still be available after February! There will be scholarship deadlines in April, June and July. In fact, those might be less competitive rounds for scholarships than the R1 applications in January and early Feb.

good luck with your interview! :)

bdlphn98 wrote:
Hi all, hope you enjoyed the holiday and new year!

My first correspondence with admissions actually wasn't a formal invite after I had asked. It actually was just an FYI about info sessions. However, I did receive an official interview invite over the phone (clarifying my confusion)! I'm in the US and they won't be coming here until Feb - after awards have been granted.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I heard that the interview might have a case study component....

Did you guys have this in the interview? if yes, could you share kind of case studies discussed...

Thanks!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts