Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:17 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
Admissionado
Send PM
Re: Evaluate Profile and Target Score [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hatakekakashi wrote:
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Hey there,
Great to hear from you!
Now although I can for sure give you some notes on your profile, without a GMAT it is not really possible to say where you can or cannot get in.

So first of all, I think your work experience is really interesting - bus dev in a government agency, and will definitely help you stick out from the crowd, as will your family business experience.

You also seem to have a lot of experience leading people in your ECs, and that is awesome.

The one major weakness is your GPA and school, which you will have to take into consideration when applying.

But otherwise, looks good!

Good luck on your GMAT!

Best,
Jon

Thanks a lot for taking your time in reading the long post . I know it is a month earlier and i have my GMAT next month but i want to be ahead with the application process as well because R2 ends in january. I will get back after the exam. Thanks again

You're welcome dude!
Well you CAN of course start on the application process. There are LOTS of things you can - Like recommendations, working on your resume, working on your career plans and career essay that will be the same regardless of which school you are applying to. So don't wait!!! But as far as school choice goes, it doesnt make sense to do that too much in advanace, because often people get GMAT surprises in one direction or another, and then everything has to be redone :/

If you need assistance on anything, drop us a line: https://admissionado.com/free-consultati ... n=mba_blog

Best,
Jon
VP
VP
Send PM
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Hey there,
Great to hear from you!
Now although I can for sure give you some notes on your profile, without a GMAT it is not really possible to say where you can or cannot get in.

So first of all, I think your work experience is really interesting - bus dev in a government agency, and will definitely help you stick out from the crowd, as will your family business experience.

You also seem to have a lot of experience leading people in your ECs, and that is awesome.

The one major weakness is your GPA and school, which you will have to take into consideration when applying.

But otherwise, looks good!

Good luck on your GMAT!

Best,
Jon

Thanks a lot for taking your time in reading the long post . I know it is a month earlier and i have my GMAT next month but i want to be ahead with the application process as well because R2 ends in january. I will get back after the exam. Thanks again

You're welcome dude!
Well you CAN of course start on the application process. There are LOTS of things you can - Like recommendations, working on your resume, working on your career plans and career essay that will be the same regardless of which school you are applying to. So don't wait!!! But as far as school choice goes, it doesnt make sense to do that too much in advanace, because often people get GMAT surprises in one direction or another, and then everything has to be redone :/

If you need assistance on anything, drop us a line: https://admissionado.com/free-consultati ... n=mba_blog

Best,
Jon

hello Jon

Done with the GMAT today 710 :)

Should i apply in R2 or wait for another year and apply R1
I am 24 years old now and only have 3 years work experience
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
Woohoo!
Well it's up to you. If you can make the time to really push your applications, you can probably make four or so before the end of R2. IF there's no rush, then you will have an advantage of preparing yourself properly and of applying R1.

Best,
Jon
VP
VP
Send PM
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Woohoo!
Well it's up to you. If you can make the time to really push your applications, you can probably make four or so before the end of R2. IF there's no rush, then you will have an advantage of preparing yourself properly and of applying R1.

Best,
Jon

I would want to apply when my application is the strongest. In the next 10 months if i cannot make it strong i can definitely make it better :) .. There is no rush and i am not desperate to do an MBA as of now... I think i can wait for another year if it results in a better chance at applying to colleges.

710 4 years work experience sounds better on paper and who knows what i have in store tommorow to help me in building a better profile :)

I want to build on my EC as well. My academics aren't great so i have to build my profile to present a better picture and i strongly believe that in a month i may not be able to do so , but in 8-10 months i believe i could do better than what I can in do in this 1 month. I hope we can agree on that :)

Thanks a lot for your quick response

Regards,
HK
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hatakekakashi wrote:
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Woohoo!

Best,
Jon

I would want to apply when my application is the strongest. In the next 10 months if i cannot make it strong i can definitely make it better :) .. There is no rush and i am not desperate to do an MBA as of now... I think i can wait for another year if it results in a better chance at applying to colleges.

710 4 years work experience sounds better on paper and who knows what i have in store tommorow to help me in building a better profile :)

I want to build on my EC as well. My academics aren't great so i have to build my profile to present a better picture and i strongly believe that in a month i may not be able to do so , but in 8-10 months i believe i could do better than what I can in do in this 1 month. I hope we can agree on that :)

Thanks a lot for your quick response

Regards,
HK

Hey HK,
Well in that case I'd say maybe wait for it. Work this year on improving your ECs and your volunteer work, and prepare yourself early for a R1 application next year. You can spend the year developing contacts (students and alumni) at your target schools, visiting if you can, attending events, and then you will be ready to go R1 and with no rush next year and do more than 3-4 applications.

You could always try 3 schools this year just to give it a shot if you have time and energy. Not much to lose :)

Best,
Jon
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts