Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 19:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Evaluation please

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Evaluation please [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2012, 16:09
Hi,

I am from Colombia and I took the GMAT last year and got 680 (V 35, Q 48). I am not sure about re-taking the exam since I would like to study in a leading B-School. My GPA is 95,6% (4,78/5) and I was always the best student (Rank 1). I also studied Music, my first major (I am a professional composer and classical guitar perfomer), after graduating I started to invest (as a private investor, stock market, for instance) and studied at the same time my second major in Internation Business. I graduated this year, so I do not have much work experience after graduation of my second degree, but as I said, I've been investing these years. I did my 6-months internship with Robert Bosch in Germany (I speak 4 languages), and I am now working at an insurance company here in Colombia. It is important for me to study now since I am 30 years old, I have been studying and investing instead of working and it is not my intention to gain more work experience.

How do you see my chances?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 125 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Evaluation please [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2012, 17:50
Expert's post
Your credentials are good (academic, GMAT, school), but ultimately, b-schools demand you bring something to the table from the working world. You need to think about what you have done with the past 10 years that would be of value to your classmates when analyzing a business case or breaking down a problem. Your story has some good and unusual traits (Columbia is under-represented and musicians applying to b-school are rare), but you need to tie it into a long term vision for what you hope to achieve with the MBA--wanting to study is not a good enough answer for the adcoms....they want to know what you plan to achieve and why, also how what you have done already will help you get there post MBA.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews