Last visit was: 15 May 2024, 00:21 It is currently 15 May 2024, 00:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
And I was just reading about price/earnings... to think I thought you were talking about relative multiples, but PE stood for Private Equity in this case. Ha, ha! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
10. Thomas H. Lee
Recent buyout fundraising: $7 billion

Description: Founder Tom Lee started his firm in 1974 with $150,000 - part inheritance, part loan from his brother. Lee moved to New York and left his Boston firm in 2005. Current senior partners Scott Sperling, Anthony DiNovi, and Scott Schoen continue to use his name. Lately Thomas H. Lee (the firm, not the man) has been hunting big game. Together with Bain Capital Partners and the Carlyle Group, Lee acquired Dunkin' Brands from Pernod Ricard for $2.4 billion in cash in March 2006. Again with Bain, Lee bid for Clear Channel Communications last fall. The price: $26.7 billion. With their most recent fund projected to close another $2 billion, expect to see Sperling, DiNovi, and Schoen continue to shake up the consumer, media, and business services sectors.

Boldface advisors: In October 2006 the firm hired media veteran Richard Bressler to lead its Strategic Resources Group. Bressler previously held positions at Viacom and was chairman and CEO of Time Warner Digital Media.

Fun fact: Some 30 out of 38 investment professionals are Harvard Business School alumni.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Interesting information. A good starting point for someone looking to research the area.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 643 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
[#permalink]
london is the real home to most of these PEs..nyc is no longer the finacial capital...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Schools:Ross, Kellogg, Darden (i/v)
Send PM
[#permalink]
fresinha12 wrote:
london is the real home to most of these PEs..nyc is no longer the finacial capital...

Even in the London offices, most people are from H/S/W - Harvard mostly, followed by Stan.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
Re: PE funds active in Asia [#permalink]
jchip wrote:
Is there any list of PE funds active in Asia? Most of these funds have some Asian presence.

Going forward, I believe that the employment in PE would probably be in Asia...

I know everyone is running to grab a stake in India currently, every big PE player wants a stake in Asia, I forsee them playing key roles even in Indonesia, Thailand Vietnam, and Korea...the biggest issues are the politics...so any country you see inviting money, you would be guess correctly to think someone is trying something

I must warn you though, read the recent economist and see the amount of **** PE guys are getting in Europe, do some research on the markets, if **** hits the fan, these guys are the Barbarians, when everything is fine and dandy, they are the miracle workers...it is all very fickle...think long term not short term.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: PE funds active in Asia [#permalink]