Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:35 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Maybe just a thread or something. There was a lot of activity in the Cornell thread as things came to a head. The only problem is that I believe only 3-4 regular posters are applying to each of the schools, so I agree with Rhyme that it might be a little dead. People might get tired of talking to just the same 2 other people all the time.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
pelihu wrote:
Maybe just a thread or something. There was a lot of activity in the Cornell thread as things came to a head. The only problem is that I believe only 3-4 regular posters are applying to each of the schools, so I agree with Rhyme that it might be a little dead. People might get tired of talking to just the same 2 other people all the time.

There's a lot of shadow readers that might start posting if they see their school.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
thank you for all of your contributions.

We can do something like this provided some of you take the lead in active participation. Something that the moderators and some members of this forum have done.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Praetorian wrote:

We can do something like this provided some of you take the lead in active participation. Something that the moderators and some members of this forum have done.

How about we run a pilot on HBS. I can try to take a lead.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
mailtheguru wrote:
Praetorian wrote:

How about we run a pilot on HBS. I can try to take a lead.

I'm not applying to HBS, but I must admit I'm intrigued to see the profiles of those admitted. I wonder if GMATclub members can beat the overall admit rate of 10%.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
homefry wrote:

There's a lot of shadow readers that might start posting if they see their school.

Sure, count me in.. 'm one of those who spend time browsin than postin in these forums since my target schools(MIT,tepper...) are not discussed much here.. but i guess it will be difficult to do this stuff for each and every school.. maybe somethin like Ultra elite forum, elite forum.. etc; 'll do good.. That way we can also have cross forum participation coz most of them apply to a diverse bunch across these categories..

cheers
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
mbadart07 wrote:
homefry wrote:

Sure, count me in.. 'm one of those who spend time browsin than postin in these forums since my target schools(MIT,tepper...) are not discussed much here.. but i guess it will be difficult to do this stuff for each and every school.. maybe somethin like Ultra elite forum, elite forum.. etc; 'll do good.. That way we can also have cross forum participation coz most of them apply to a diverse bunch across these categories..

cheers

Doesnt that already exist?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
mbadart07 wrote:
homefry wrote:

cheers

Doesnt that already exist?

It exists and i wudnt have got this topic here had we all discussed all our school stuff in those specific forums.. I just thought it would be a good idea to split discussions to clusters making it easy to pick posts.. lets c..
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
May I suggest that we start off by school specific threads. I could sticky them.

I encourage everyone to participate. The best way to take advantage of the forum is to be actively involved.

If you are interested in a specific school, kindly start a thread with an appropriate title of the school. If you do start a thread, please be sure to follow up and make the thread interesting and relevant for all. Others are most welcome to join.

I have already made the Cornell thread a sticky. hope rhyme did not spend too much time answering private messages. :oops:

I am quite pleased that the b-school forum has become useful for the members. thanks again all.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Praetorian wrote:
May I suggest that we start off by school specific threads. I could sticky them.

I encourage everyone to participate. The best way to take advantage of the forum is to be actively involved.

If you are interested in a specific school, kindly start a thread with an appropriate title of the school. If you do start a thread, please be sure to follow up and make the thread interesting and relevant for all. Others are most welcome to join.

I have already made the Cornell thread a sticky. hope rhyme did not spend too much time answering private messages. :oops:

I am quite pleased that the b-school forum has become useful for the members. thanks again all.

Nice job Praetorian, Guess this shud start off a gud series of school specific discussions.. but it depends on everybudy's contribution here also..
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I agree with Praetorian that this is a good idea. The challenge is often generate sufficient traffic to support each school but this does not seem to have been a problem lately.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]