Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:15 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Given Kudos:
Re: gateway into London I-Banking: HEC Paris, Cass or Warwick??? [#permalink]
sailtheworld wrote:
Cass is the worst of the 3 you're considering

I dunno if Warwick has the best name necessarily. I think worldwide HEC has a better name. Also, why not SSE? It is as strong as HEC for recruiting in London, but obviously HEC has a bigger name globally. HEC also has great placement in France in addition to London.

I personally would go to HEC, but it's really up to you between Warwick and HEC.

Hi sailtheworld, thanks for the reply! I initially considered SSE but decided against it because the programme is 2 years along.. although I personally would like to go to Sweden on a longer time basis!

Cass may have the worst name of the 3, but they have the best location, right in the heart of European banking? also, their programme is the shortest with just 9 months. However, with that said, I am actually right now more inclined to take up HEC's offer because of the conditional offers by Cass and Warwick. I'm getting in touch with Cass office to see if they can waive the condition. But if they can't by 15 April (date i have to accept HEC's offer by), i will stick with HEC. i just had a few concerns abt job placements in London; i know in France it shouldn't be a problem with HEC.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
The various placement numbers posts on thestudentroom.co.uk show that Warwick>Cass even with the location of Cass. Warwick and HEC are about the same, though some firms show Warwick a very slight bit ahead. But those numbers are just for London; so if you're interested all of Europe (and maybe even around the World), that's why I would have HEC ahead. But if you know you're going to start in London, your experience will mean more anyways and from there it won't matter as much the brand name of your degree.
Given Kudos:
sailtheworld wrote:
Also, I looked at Warwick's Accounting & Finance courses and it seems it is softer with less ability to focus on quantitative courses. It seems like it'd only be good for IBD, Equities Research and PE-type roles. I dunno though, maybe it's like LSE where as long as the name "Warwick" is on the degree, the BBs don't distinguish (I doubt it).

I think HEC would give you more options in terms of the other areas of finance you could get into outside of IBD if you decide to change your mind.

thanks for the research, sailtheworld! what i didn't like about the A&F course at Warwick was its greater focus on the accounting modules.. it seems pretty limited when you can only choose 2 electives out of the list of electives that they have.. and core modules look like they are gonna take up the bulk of the studying. not sure if i will learn much from there even though there's the good name attached to the degree.

also, i just checked with a few contacts working in London- they said they have not met that many people from CASS working in the industry, compared to warwick and HEC ( a little surprised abt HEC). so it seems from the analysis above that HEC is the best choice amongst the 3? gotta start picking up french then!

thanks for the help!! :-D
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Wharton, LBS, LSE, DSF, ISB
Send PM
Guys, Any opinions about RSM, Duisenberg school of finance, and St. Gallen?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
He people check financial times ranking :
https://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/masters-in-finance-pre-experience-2011

Warwick definitely is a better option but it`s worth considering Cranfield School of Management as the avg. weighted salary is 76000 USD post course completion and is ranked 8th salary wise.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
I think LSE is the best
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts