Last visit was: 13 May 2024, 17:03 It is currently 13 May 2024, 17:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 700 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kryzak wrote:
Good luck man! I'm taking it in 2 days and am getting the jitters too. I feel like I haven't done enough problems, but in the end, you just gotta take it.

It seems like you have problems during the test, and it's not really knowledge related. Maybe if you can go do some exercise the day before, play some video games or watch a movie (I'm doing both the day before and of the test!) to take your mind off it. And when you take the test, think of it as a practice exam... that may help?

Anyway, looking forward to your debrief, and I'll post mine up sometime this weekend after I'm done.

Wow! Your test is only 2 days away? Good luck! You've been a very active member of GMATClub, and judging from your practice test scores you have nothing to fear! Looking forward to your debrief on your test experience. I know you'll kill it :twisted:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
dude i feel you. i have a week and a half to go. I just want to get it over with - because like you - i would like to have a life again.

At the end of the day I just don't want all of this preparation to be for naught!
I took my GMATPrep today and freaked out on question 1, and question # 3 (which i got wrong) - I will post it as soon as we can upload images. eventually i recovered, but boy did panic set in.... i guess because i figured this CAT was going to be the true indicator of where I stand.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
yeah, I don't think I've ever studied this hard for a test over such a long period... even for engineering classes. Then again, I don't study that much for most of the things I do, hee hee. :P

Anyway, I'm just ready for it to be over. Anything over 700 and I'll be done with it and focus on the essays and selling myself. I'm just dreading the off chance that I screw up and get under 700... that would suck...

And after the GMAT, I can also focus on helping others with the GMAT and app process while I do them myself. If you think I post a lot now... heh heh heh :twisted:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
interesting [#permalink]
I am in the same boat. Started studying in January and took it May 26th and got a 610 (q45v28).
I am taking it August 18th hoping to for a score >650. As long as I am engaged and constantly on the attack I believe I should do fine.

I've taken two Kaplan exams and got a 660 on them. I've made stacks of notecards to help solidify my fundamentals.
I've accepted the fact that I will never feel like I am completely ready. Success on the exam is 50% knowledge and 50% attitude. I'll bring my new enhanced knowledge of the GMAT, but on game day, I better have the attitude.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kryzak wrote:
yeah, I don't think I've ever studied this hard for a test over such a long period... even for engineering classes. Then again, I don't study that much for most of the things I do, hee hee. :P

Anyway, I'm just ready for it to be over. Anything over 700 and I'll be done with it and focus on the essays and selling myself. I'm just dreading the off chance that I screw up and get under 700... that would suck...

And after the GMAT, I can also focus on helping others with the GMAT and app process while I do them myself. If you think I post a lot now... heh heh heh :twisted:

I eventually want to get a PhD, so I don't mind the elongated periods of studying and reading non stop. The rest of my professional life is going to be essentially non stop research, studying, writing... a never ending homework assignment... but I will be studying things I am interested in!!!

At the end of the day, does knowing that any number with exactly three positve factors has 1, prime, and prime^2 as its factors help me? no way dude. but i tell you something, this GMAT test makes me wish I could go back in time and become a math major because the Quant section freaks me out.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Absolutely agree...I'm taking the test on 8/17 and I'm going to pieces.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 243 [0]
 Q48  V34
Send PM
[#permalink]
Guys,

Even im there in the same boat. My test is on 8/20 and i have started feeling jitters from now itself. Even i feel that i have not done enough problems .. My GMATprep scored are all over the park and the average being 680-690. Like kryzak, i will be happy with anything 700+, but less than 700 i will be devastated. I dont want all the preparation for over 3 months come for 'naught-0' .
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
yeah, the two scores below 700 gave me a scare, granted, one was with PR for the first time and I hated their verbal (I scored a *33* on verbal, ouch!) the other was Manhattan GMAT *right after* taking the PR, so I was braindead in the middle of verbal (36 on verbal). Those were 680 and 690.

Otherwise, my other scores hovered around 710-720, with two outlying ones of 750 (Powerprep with questions I've seen) and 770 (first time taking the test ever).

So yeah, I'm trying not to think about it.

Finished the last 1/3 of all the OG questions. Completed ALL of OG's SC and all of the hard 2/3 of Verbal Review SC. Did all the hard 1/3 of Verbal Review's RC and CR, got 1 or 2 wrong out of 20 or so questions. So I'm feeling very good right now. The hard Verbal Review SC I was at 66% accuracy, with some stupid mistakes that I know I learned from. For the medium 1/3 of Verbal Review I got 3 wrong out of 31 questions... so I'm pretty psyched!

I think I'm ready for this test. I understand how to do allt he problems I missed in all sections, so as long as I don't get some strange "horomones of flowers" or "Thomas Paine and Jim Crow laws" reading passages, I should be fine ;)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Same here I just hope I score above a 700...my quant has been all over the place. On the MGMAT tests I've scored a 44,47,47,44 and on GMAT Prep I just scored a 47. Whenever I look back at the tests I end up kicking myself for making stupid mistakes. I'm not too afraid about verbal 38,40,51,51 on MGMAT and 49 on GMAT Prep. DS and combinations are my biggest weakness, so I figure I'll focus on them and hope to keep it together. Good luck to everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
shmegs wrote:
Same here I just hope I score above a 700...my quant has been all over the place. On the MGMAT tests I've scored a 44,47,47,44 and on GMAT Prep I just scored a 47. Whenever I look back at the tests I end up kicking myself for making stupid mistakes. I'm not too afraid about verbal 38,40,51,51 on MGMAT and 49 on GMAT Prep. DS and combinations are my biggest weakness, so I figure I'll focus on them and hope to keep it together. Good luck to everyone!

Those are pretty good scores shmegs!! I dont think you got anything to fear... i am facing the jitters too...crumbling now....havent touched anything in the last 2 days...got a real bad score on PR..i was tired and i screwed first few on Verbal...but this is no excuse....I hope i reach my peak before the exam!

All the best to everyone.... mine is on 8/23 ..before that i would be finishing my preparatory tests!

FP
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
FP,

Thanks...I just don't feel comfortable on quant, I always feel like I'm bombing the section. PR is strange, the verbal seems to be all over the place...don't worry, it was just an off day. Take a couple of days off, and jump back in...g'luck!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
wow shmegs! Your verbal is awesome! My math has consistently been above 47, mostly 49-50. My verbal is all over the place, from 33-44. I'm just aiming for 40+. That should give me a good 720 score or something.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kryzak,

Thanks, I took the LSAT a year ago so that has helped me with verbal. You're quant score is great...I'm just hoping to score around a 44-45 on quant at this point. Good luck tomorrow!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good luck on your test. Looking forward to your posts in the applications forum. I don't know how and where to start on mine!

kryzak wrote:
wow shmegs! Your verbal is awesome! My math has consistently been above 47, mostly 49-50. My verbal is all over the place, from 33-44. I'm just aiming for 40+. That should give me a good 720 score or something.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks shmegs and paul!

Paul, yeah, i'll start posting my ideas and plans in the applications area (and my questions) after the GMAT and this weekend. Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions. =)
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]