Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 23:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAC GMAT Prep Software Questions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 27

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
GMAC GMAT Prep Software Questions [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 11:52
I have the GMATPREP free download and I paid for the Prep Pack 1. How do these work. I see that mba.com says that the free software comes with 90 questions and two free practice tests but 90 questions is not enough for 2 practice tests. Are the 2 practice tests in addition to the 90 questions?

Also since I bought the Prep Pack 1 do I get 2 more practice tests for a total of 4 tests?

I am a little confused and just want some clarity before I start practcing on these.
(If I start answering some of these questions outside of a CAT will I be usuing the same pool of questons that the CAT uses?)

Thanks
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Status: Making every effort to create original content for you!!
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
Followers: 239

Kudos [?]: 817 [1] , given: 82

Re: GMAC GMAT Prep Software Questions [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 12:03
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
maxLRok wrote:
I have the GMATPREP free download and I paid for the Prep Pack 1. How do these work. I see that mba.com says that the free software comes with 90 questions and two free practice tests but 90 questions is not enough for 2 practice tests. Are the 2 practice tests in addition to the 90 questions?

Also since I bought the Prep Pack 1 do I get 2 more practice tests for a total of 4 tests?

I am a little confused and just want some clarity before I start practcing on these.

Thanks

Hi maxLRok,

Yes, the 90 questions are in addition to the 2 free tests, which you can take multiple times. The question pool in each of these two sets is different.

When you purchase the question pack 1 from GMAC, you are only purchasing the new question from Pack 1. The two free tests would remain the same. You can go ahead and start practicing the material and make sure to complete each and every question from GMATPrep as it is the most important resource including the official guides

I would advise that you take the first test before you start preparing for the test to understand your starting level. Once you get the base level you can set intermediate and final targets towards your desired score. I have found goal setting to be a vital part while preparing for GMAT.

Hope that helps,

Vercules

Press Kudos if you want to say thanks

Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia | Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia | GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios -- VERBAL | GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios -- IR

Please Read and Follow the 9 Rules of Posting in Verbal Forum

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 27

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAC GMAT Prep Software Questions [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 12:15
Vercules wrote:
maxLRok wrote:

Thanks

Hi maxLRok,

Yes, the 90 questions are in addition to the 2 free tests, which you can take multiple times. The question pool in each of these two sets is different.

When you purchase the question pack 1 from GMAC, you are only purchasing the new question from Pack 1. The two free tests would remain the same. You can go ahead and start practicing the material and make sure to complete each and every question from GMATPrep as it is the most important resource including the official guides

I would advise that you take the first test before you start preparing for the test to understand your starting level. Once you get the base level you can set intermediate and final targets towards your desired score. I have found goal setting to be a vital part while preparing for GMAT.

Hope that helps,

Vercules

Thank you!!! This has prevented me from touching the software for a while. This really clears things up.
Re: GMAC GMAT Prep Software Questions   [#permalink] 11 Feb 2013, 12:15