Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:50 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: GMAC GPA [#permalink]
CaliCpa wrote:
I also want to know the answer to this question...also how closely do schools scrutinize one's transcript above and beyond what the final GPA shows???

YankeeFan wrote:
How is the GMAC GPA calculated? Is it just whatever your undergrad GPA is, or is it somewhat like with law school the way LSAC calculates the GPA?

Yeah, the thing is my GPA is around a 3.2. However, I've retaken a couple classes.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Do the old grades show up on your transcript? I am in the same boat...I have a 3.45, however I have a few scars on my transcript from retakes.

How is this generally viewed? None of the retakes were "F" grades...just had to retake for the track I was on as a "C" was required to move ahead in the program.

YankeeFan wrote:
CaliCpa wrote:
I also want to know the answer to this question...also how closely do schools scrutinize one's transcript above and beyond what the final GPA shows???

YankeeFan wrote:
How is the GMAC GPA calculated? Is it just whatever your undergrad GPA is, or is it somewhat like with law school the way LSAC calculates the GPA?

Yeah, the thing is my GPA is around a 3.2. However, I've retaken a couple classes.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q50  V38
Send PM
you self report your gmac gpa? Whatever your transcript says your GPA is that is what your GPA is.

As to the other question, yea any top school will scrutinize your transcript beyond your GPA. They will look at the difficulty of your classes, how you did in your quant classes, any trends in your gpa over your 4 years etc
GMAT Club Bot