Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 09:52 It is currently 09 May 2024, 09:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 598 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 598 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: GMAT 680 and GPA 3.44. Shot at Stanford GSB? [#permalink]
Yes, doing a masters degree that is similar to an MBA can make it more difficult to justify why you would want an MBA in your b-school application, but then again, so what? Focus on NOW. You need or want a better job. If getting those non-MBA masters degrees is what it will take, go for it. I just get a sense that you're putting this MBA on such a pedestal that you feel you should do anything and everything in your life to prep for it - when in fact the MBA is not a glass slipper that will magically transform you into Cinderella overnight.

Focus on your career, not on collecting credentials. The quality of work experience is the most important thing in your career - which may be something you will have a harder time appreciating since you've been in school full-time all your life (so you can only value what you know - which is school since no matter what kind of work experience you've had so far, your main identity to date has been "student").
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Alex,

Thanks again for your reply. And I mean REALLY, thank you. It has put things in perspective and though it'd be weird/hard, I guess its time I took a step back and looked at the big picture and not let B-School turn into a desperate obsession (its just that I really want it and sometimes I can get a little carried away and need reality checks such as this one)

I'm definitely going to apply to both Duke and LBS for the Dec Rd because it makes a lot of practical sense for me to do so. I shall keep you in the loop.

Manoj
GMAT Club Bot