Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:13 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1423 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 7775 [1]
Given Kudos: 55
GMAT 2: 780  Q50  V50
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: GMAT official report Cancellation score [#permalink]
Kudos
Hello,

As it is mentioned at the beginning, the personal report still contains old cancelled scores.

If the school is asking for pdf version of the score report, how can we show only non-cancelled scores?

I asked to the Candidate Services of GMAT and they are not giving me a right support.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi chamalo,

The file that YOU see contains information that Business Schools will NOT see. You need to know about all of your scores (even the cancelled ones) so that:

1) You know how many times you've taken the GMAT in a 12-month period (you can take it up to 5 times in 12 months - so if you're nearing your limit, then you might choose a different Test Date).
2) You might choose to reactivate a cancelled score (so you need to know what it is).

The Official Score Report that Pearson gives to Business Schools will contain only the Score(s) that you select and will be given only to the Schools that you select.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 7775 [1]
Given Kudos: 55
GMAT 2: 780  Q50  V50
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
chamalo, if I'm reading correctly, the school is asking you to provide a copy of the report you received from GMAC. Is that right? They won't wait for the official score report? Unless you are racing a deadline, it sounds like the school is trying to sneak a look for cancelled scores. I've heard about something like this from one other student, but it's not the norm.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
DmitryFarber wrote:
, if I'm reading correctly, the school is asking you to provide a copy of the report you received from GMAC. Is that right? They won't wait for the official score report? Unless you are racing a deadline, it sounds like the school is trying to sneak a look for cancelled scores. I've heard about something like this from one other student, but it's not the norm.

You're right DmitryFarber.
I don't know if they are trying to sneak a look for cancelled scores, but the fact is that it is very unconvenient not to have a copy of the school report.
Regarding the price of GMAT exam, I think that it is not logical to have a personal report with everything inside that you cannot use for schools.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi chamalo,

There are several reasons why you aren't given the "Business School version" of your Official Score Report (so that you can pass it on directly to Business Schools), but the primary reason is that an applicant might try to alter the Report (or create a fake report with a fake score on it). By having GMAC control the flow of THAT information, Business Schools can be reasonably sure that an applicant's score report is correct/accurate.

Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi chamalo,

There are several reasons why you aren't given the "Business School version" of your Official Score Report (so that you can pass it on directly to Business Schools), but the primary reason is that an applicant might try to alter the Report (or create a fake report with a fake score on it). By having GMAC control the flow of THAT information, Business Schools can be reasonably sure that an applicant's score report is correct/accurate.

Rich

Hello I'm having the same issue. So what do you recommend when we need to upload the score in the application section?? As we dont get the 'clean' version without the 'C' for cancellation, do we not upload anything if the score report is already available for the school or do we upload the unofficial copy we got on the day of the exam score we want to disclose? All in order to avoid showing a score report with a 'C'

thanks!!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Eliz,

To start, Business Schools generally don't care if you've taken the GMAT more than once (and by extension, they don't care if you've cancelled a prior score), so you likely have nothing to worry about in either regard. When it comes to each individual School's application, you should follow whatever instructions are given - if a School expects you to manually enter a score (even if the Unofficial Score is the only one that you have), then do that. If a School asks for something else, then submit that instead.

Rich
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Schools: LBS '24 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi chamalo,

Rich

Does anyone has an idea of how this issue may affect post mba applications for employment in IB or Consulting? I am sure that bcg, mck or gs wants to have a look at the gmat score as well. So at some point you have to upload the "non business school version" of your score report. I am not sure how they would evaluate 4, 5 or even more attempts even though the last one might has landed above 730.

Any opinions/experiences?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC
I have just finished my undergrad and I am writing the GMAT in about a month, before I start at my job. I'm planning to apply for business schools after a few years, with some work experience. I just want to know whether
1. I should straight away choose the 5 business programs during the gmat exam? or;
2. Just cancel the score and reinstate it later after a few years when I apply? or;
3. Accept the score but not choose the business schools during the exam, but obtain it later with 28$ fee per school (when i apply in a few years)?

Can you please advice?

Thanks!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi SimpleSimon123,

Business Schools generally do not care if you take the GMAT more than once, so having more than one Score sent to a School will likely not hurt your applications. By choosing the Schools on Test Day itself, you can potentially save some money (when you actually apply later, you won't have to pay for the Report to be sent to each of those 5 Schools). Thus, there's no inherent harm in any of the options - just an opportunity to save some money.

Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 202
Concentration: General Management, International Business
Send PM
It's normal, you don't need to worry about.
GMAT Club Bot