Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Aug 2014, 21:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Prep 410 FIRST TIME SCORE

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Prep 410 FIRST TIME SCORE [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2014, 11:22
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum! I recently took the GMAT. Before taking the actual tests, I took the two practice exams that are available as a software download. I scored 470 on my first practice and 510 after about a week and a half of additional studying. I only need a 450 for acceptance into my chosen school (director told me they have never met their enrollment cap so 450 and I'm in) so I didn't place too much pressure on myself to score 700+ or even 600+ but rather was working towards a good solid score in the 550 range. I was pretty shocked when I saw my scores. I got 24Q and 22V. I don't have the best background in math, but I felt confident in being able to score a 450 especially since I had done so by a rather large margin on the practice exams. I know this is bad, but I also expected my verbal score to be a little higher to be able to offset the lower math score. My IR score was 6, so I was pretty happy with that. My main concern right now is getting that math score up as much as possible. I will be taking the exam again mid-July. I do have a copy of the Kaplan GMAT Premier 2014, but mainly only used the software download practice questions and exams as preparation. Should I just try to work through the Kaplan book or is there a specific book any of you know about that would be very helpful for me in regards to math? Any and all advice is appreciated. I am very exciting to be a part of this GMAT community as we all have the same goal in mind! I look forward to talking with you guys!!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 286

Kudos [?]: 633 [0], given: 6

Re: GMAT Prep 410 FIRST TIME SCORE [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2014, 11:48
Expert's post
You should first work through those GMATPrep tests and OG questions. Then move onto secondary resources such as the one you mentioned or this one: www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-test/gma ... -questions

With quant, it helps to the same question worded multiple different ways -- doing exercises like these that we have in our course will help you really understand the foundation of what if being tested.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 9

Re: GMAT Prep 410 FIRST TIME SCORE [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2014, 18:00
Etsu32,

There's no need to get a course if you're just trying to score a 450. Here's the link to the official guide -- if you can work through this and do the two free GMATPrep Exams, then you should reach your goal.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Official-Guid ... 1118109791

Good luck!

Kudos if I've helped you!
Re: GMAT Prep 410 FIRST TIME SCORE   [#permalink] 17 Jun 2014, 18:00