Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:24 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32882 [1]
Given Kudos: 4455
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HBS '15 (D)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Account Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Prep QUANT level too high?? [#permalink]
How does GMAT Prep compare to the Manhattan GMAT Tests?
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64934 [1]
Given Kudos: 427
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
006 wrote:
Hey

Is it just me or is the level of quant in the official gmat prep way too high??...I took a test today but I was just not able to figure the answers out..I wasnt short on time but I just didnt know how to solve them...I have never experienced that before..I do pretty ok in other tests...but GmatPrep was just too difficult..I am panicking now coz it is supposed to be closest to the real exam...I got my exam in 4 days...not much I can do...what do u guys feel about the quant in gmat prep ?

OG does not give you a true picture of what to expect. GMAT prep questions do. Sometimes people know their concepts well but still find GMAT prep questions hard because they are not used to the format. In the next 4 days, try to do as many GMAT prep questions as you can and as thoroughly as you can. It might make you a little more comfortable with the pattern. A big contributor to your test performance will be your confidence. So if you work your way through a good number of GMAT test prep questions, you will feel more confident.
We generally suggest our students to take it easy in the last 2-3 days but since you tried out GMAT prep test questions just now, you might want to push yourself a little. Needless to say, do not sleep late the night before your test.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
006 wrote:
Hey

Is it just me or is the level of quant in the official gmat prep way too high??...I took a test today but I was just not able to figure the answers out..I wasnt short on time but I just didnt know how to solve them...I have never experienced that before..I do pretty ok in other tests...but GmatPrep was just too difficult..I am panicking now coz it is supposed to be closest to the real exam...I got my exam in 4 days...not much I can do...what do u guys feel about the quant in gmat prep ?

OG does not give you a true picture of what to expect. GMAT prep questions do. Sometimes people know their concepts well but still find GMAT prep questions hard because they are not used to the format. In the next 4 days, try to do as many GMAT prep questions as you can and as thoroughly as you can. It might make you a little more comfortable with the pattern. A big contributor to your test performance will be your confidence. So if you work your way through a good number of GMAT test prep questions, you will feel more confident.
We generally suggest our students to take it easy in the last 2-3 days but since you tried out GMAT prep test questions just now, you might want to push yourself a little. Needless to say, do not sleep late the night before your test.

Thanks a lot for the information and advice....will definitely do all the gmat prep questions before the exam
+1
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
006 wrote:
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
006 wrote:
In the next 4 days, try to do as many GMAT prep questions as you can and as thoroughly as you can. It might make you a little more comfortable with the pattern.

So are you saying that the OG is too hard or too easy?

Also when referring to GMAT Prep questions is it the PREP software test you are referring to or how?
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64934 [0]
Given Kudos: 427
Send PM
Expert Reply
andyp1 wrote:

So are you saying that the OG is too hard or too easy?

Also when referring to GMAT Prep questions is it the PREP software test you are referring to or how?

Most OG questions are very straight forward. You might get first 4-5 such questions in the beginning but if you answer them correctly, you will see much harder questions later on. The adaptable format of the test makes it much harder than what OG will have you believe.

And yes, the GMAT prep questions are the questions of the GMAT prep tests - the ones who download free of cost from mba.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
006 wrote:
Hey

How much did you score?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
federite wrote:
006 wrote:
Hey

How much did you score?

Posted from my mobile device

Hi Federite
I scored a 580 :(:( ...i am retaking the exam on 14th Sep...and now that I am done with the OG (around 3 times) and the Official Quant Review ..I think I can afford to say that these questions are not truly representative of the actual GMAT Quant...Just my opinion but I found the Quant in the official guides much easier than the actual exam/GMATPrep

Archived Topic
Hi there,
This topic has been closed and archived due to inactivity or violation of community quality standards. No more replies are possible here.
Where to now? Join ongoing discussions on thousands of quality questions in our Quantitative Questions Forum
Still interested in this question? Check out the "Best Topics" block above for a better discussion on this exact question, as well as several more related questions.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts