Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Send PM
Re: GMAT Score Breakdown Concern [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I'm not sure wondering is the phrasing I would use, they would probably expect it to be higher but given your overall GMAT score which is very high and your undergrad performance which is also top notch they should have little questions about your overall aptitude. Your GMAT is just a snapshot of your aptitude your GPA represents your aptitude in a more long form fashion, so schools will look at both to assess your abilities.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VeritasPrepDozie wrote:
I'm not sure wondering is the phrasing I would use, they would probably expect it to be higher but given your overall GMAT score which is very high and your undergrad performance which is also top notch they should have little questions about your overall aptitude. Your GMAT is just a snapshot of your aptitude your GPA represents your aptitude in a more long form fashion, so schools will look at both to assess your abilities.

So, in your opinion, you don't think I should rewrite the GMAT to try to hit the 80/80 split?
Send PM
Expert Reply
I think with only a few weeks left to complete your application I think a better use of your time is to focus on creating the most compelling application possible to ensure you stand out off the page just as much as you do on the page.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VeritasPrepDozie wrote:
I think with only a few weeks left to complete your application I think a better use of your time is to focus on creating the most compelling application possible to ensure you stand out off the page just as much as you do on the page.

Thanks for all these replies.
One last question :)
If I were to wait until next year to apply, should I consider retaking the exam? I don't think I'll be able to achieve 47 in Verbal again, but I may be able to get something along the lines of Q49, V42.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes well only because you would have so much time to take a stab at improving your quant score. Your 750 however is strong enough to apply this application season if you choose to go that route. Remember the GMAT is only one data point.
GMAT Club Bot