Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 16:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT score of 530!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT score of 530! [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2008, 08:07
Hello,

I had taken GMAT on 21st July. I had managed a score of 530 ( Q44, V19). I was shocked to see such a low score in Verbal. I had a feeling I will be getting around 680 but surpurised to see 530. I have worked out all OG 11 and verbal GMAT thrice especially SC and CR. In addition, I had joined GMAT coaching class and had gone through all their stuff. Though I was not sure how correctly I scored in RC, I believed I had done well in SC and CR. I could not predict what went wrong. Left clueless at this. Though I am not a native speaker of English, I was quite comfortable in English.

Now I have to improve my english score and plan to take GMAT within 2 months. Please suggest me how to go about. It is obivious I had to improve on all sections. But the CR and SC are easy to pick up. I require your expertise and knowledge in GMAT to help me in English. What and where to start on now and howto proceed. Kindly advise.

Br
KSN2509
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT score of 530! [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2008, 16:53
What was your study plan like. I mean how long have you been preparing. What are your verbal and quant strengths like? Did you see any improvement while preparing.
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT score of 530! [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2008, 18:41
Hi,
Thanks for asking. I have been scoring 600 and 610 in GMAT prep, Both occassions My verbal scores were low. Those instances I looked around the mistakes where I got wrong and moved on ( about 17 questions were wrong in verbal ).

Regarding my preparation I had spent 3 months, with every day 3hrs and week ends about 8 hrs, the last week before GMAT I utilised abt 8 hrs per day. I had practised OG11 SC and CR very well.
By the way, what scores for me to target to get into a B school in India? I have 11 years manufacturing experience and 2 years in SAP SCM. Iam looking for 1 year executive program. Please give your suggestions.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: GMAT score of 530! [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2013, 19:04
Hi all this is my first post and need your help in this crowd sourcing attempt -

About Me - I am an engineer with a PGDBM degree and eight years of experience. Planning to repeat my MBA from the chosen few B-Schools around the world. Aiming to get a score of 700+. ,

I scored 530 (Q45, V19) in November 2011. I lost hopes after giving it for the fist time. I studied through MGMAT and OG12 but did not focus on the concepts then.
However, I am planning to give it again this year and want your valuable inputs . Here is my study plan -

1. Study four hours a day on weekdays and six on weekends.
2. Refer MGMAT, Power prep CR bible, OG 13 and be active on this forum
3. Attempt as many mocks as I can
4. Plan to give GMAT in next three months, hopefully July 2013.
5. Register for e-gmat course but learnt one can only improve at the max 1.8 points (GMAC Claims) or 12 points in second attempt. Is that true? its discouraging for me. I am aiming for 40 in verbal. Did anyone improve his/her score in that range?
6. I am very poor at RC, what are some of the best practices you suggest?

Any suggestions and best practices you have followed is welcome. Thank you in advance!
Re: GMAT score of 530!   [#permalink] 09 Apr 2013, 19:04