Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:32 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1737 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth 2010
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 552 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMATBLACKBELT wrote:
Finished challenge for tonight. Scored a meager 70%, some of the probs were very hard this time.

SC: 10/15
RC: 3/8--- Ouch, havent done this poorly on any RC in a very long time. I think the passage was missing a serious amount of material though. I think ima quite using GMATTER RC's.

I tried doin the next passage b/c I was ticked about that RC and I immediately noticed some info missing.

Overall, its been a really annoying day.

Owell, tutoring some girl tmrw for GMAT. I figure that tutoring someone the basics is beneficial to both of us. if not, well shes pretty hot so at least il get something out of it :P.

are you around london, let me know if you need assistance in tutoring 8-)

Originally posted by Ravshonbek on 07 Nov 2007, 05:42.
Last edited by Ravshonbek on 07 Nov 2007, 10:10, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dawned on me this morn why Co's prolly ask all that tedious info included in ur resume...

Solely for statistical purposes. Also, why pay someone to enter in my info in the database when they can get me to do it for free.

Bastards...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
Re: GMATBLACKBELT's Journal [#permalink]
GMATBLACKBELT wrote:
Quick question to anyone reading this: do u think im doin enough per day now? Ive decided to calm down my studies this time. Not doin a zillion probs. Just about the amount one would see on the test (maybe a bit less for verbal).

I studied about 2 hours on weekdays and 7-8 hours on weekends. I don't know about you but studying more than this really tired me out (I am working full time). My logic was 2 hours on weekdays are not that bad and thus I can save some energy to study on weekends. The key here is quality not quantity - you probably have heard this before and it's true. For me, reducing to 2 hours of study on weekdays really made my study more manageable.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Update: Yesterday, just did some probs the club and did a few SC's from Gmatter... actually did really bad at the Gmatter, but did very well on the club SC's that were posted. (dont think I missed one), guess its just the luck of the draw sometimes.

To get my mind off GMAT, ran 50 50 yard sprints. Took breaks after every 15. (simulates rounds in a fight). The last 5 i just did balls to the wall. Then cooled down on a 2mile jog.

Finally went back to MMA training for the first time in 4 1/2 months... that was crazy, but I felt great. lil sloppy on my jiujitsu technique, but still feel good.

Today: Just finished Challenge 17, man what a doosy. 70percentile in 1hr 45min... yikes!

Later gunna go over Verbal, especially CR's and RC's. (ive noticed im gettin progressively worse at RC's... maybe its just the GMATTER software not having all the info in the passage).

Ima go over my mistakes from Challenge 17 and earlier challenges.

Now off to tutor that girl, changed the session to today.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Back from tutoring. Went well. Shes got a lot of work to do though... she wants a 600+ in less than 50days.

Today SC: 11/15
CR: 11/14
RC: 3/4

Challenges: 70%. Ouch.

I now have to resort to Kaplan for RC's and CR's. Im using the 800 book. So far not too bad, although I gotta say the RC's are not very realistic. Some of the answers require you to draw way too much info that is not in the passage. Owell, its better than GMATTER. CR's are ok, a bit easy.

Ive come to reality on some terms today. Looking at scores consistently over the last few weeks and above, I think I can see why I got a 640 on the real thing.

If I miss 3-5 SC's, 3-4 CR's, 3-4+ RC's (if I were to do 3-4 passages). Thats a lot of missed problems. 9-13 problems wrong!

These are usually my ranges for verbal. Maybe a bit worse if I had a really bad day or something. I dont remember who said it, but the GMATPrep should not be taken so heavily as an accuracte indicator.

Especially for verbal! While on my very first GMATPrep, I saw maybe a couple SC's and 2-3 CR's Im 100% positive I got all of these correct. On verbal a few wrong questions can make a HUGE difference in the score.

Math: 44 on the second im still kinda ticked about b/c i was SO much better @ math than my first test. Guess it could have just been the luck of the draw. A few mistakes. just a few more wrong answers brought my score down.

For anyone aiming to score 700+ we have to be so careful. Just a few mistakes can send our score down 60points!

Ive realised that I really need to get my accuracy better b/c while I may beable to score a 700+ now, there are just so many factors that play into this test. Like I said, a few minor mistakes and ur done. We are aiming for such a high score that we cannot afford to make very many mistakes.

Ima post this as seperate thread as well.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Today's results:

Challenge: 78%... made some really dumb errors. Though there were some generally very difficult problems.

SC: 12/15
CR: 8/12 - man I hate kaplan CR's

No RC's today, im a bit tired so ima do an extra one tmrw instead.

Got my AWA back: 5.5 as I expected. worthless part of the exam.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ok today Challenge 15: 94%, but spent about 2hrs+ on this. This was by far the hardest challenge yet. Despite the extra time, i was expecting a very low score. So im pretty pleased with that. Time though is just ridiculous. At some point during the test I said, these problems are just way too hard to get done in 2min. So i decided to focus on really solving them w/ no regard for timing.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Finished my verbal for today and reviewed.

SC: 10/14
CR: Last 8 from Kaplan 800. 6/8
RC: 4/4

Im really gettin ticked off here bout my wrong answers. In the SC's I was down to 2 answer choices. On all 4 wrongs I went from Right to Wrong.

CR's same thing: down to 2 choices. Right to Wrong. Im not sure how to fine tune this problem. Im always down to 2 choices on the ones I get wrong.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]