Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 11 Jul 2014, 00:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMATClub Class of 2010 - Where Are They Going?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: GMATClub Class of 2010 - Where Are They Going? [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2010, 22:14
Hi River,

Congratulations on securing your position and thanks for sharing your recuiting and negotiating experience.

Good work champ.

riverripper wrote:
Now that I am back on board here, read this thread, and officially accepted a position...time to update

Prior to Kellogg I was an engineer working in the defense space, all engineers for the most part are career changers of some sort.

After graduation I will be joining a fortune 500 manufacturing company as a manager. Based on function, responsibility, and starting position I am very excited...my only complaint is that I wont get much time off since they wanted me to start ASAP...I was the only person interviewed currently in school, the rest of the applicants I met graduated from b-school 2-4 years ago. So no fun summer of traveling for me like my buds, who don't start until end of August or September; I will be starting within a month of graduation.

For those looking at off campus recruiting my position is a perfect example of how strange the process can be. I applied to a position that was intended for alumni, talked to a few Kellogg alums who work for the company to get a sense of the position. Had a first round interview where the interviewer talked about how the Kellogg guys were pulling for me but asked if I felt I was under qualified since I didnt have a few years of post MBA experience. Flew out for a second round with several other people got interviewed by the SVPs and COO, and somehow got the job. Only regret in the whole process was not putting an even higher requested total compensation since they gave me exactly what I put, which I admittedly thought was going to be high but was hoping to anchor the starting negotiating point haha...lesson learned: unless you are terrified of losing an offer because of it...take what you think is a very high but somewhat justifiable compensation request and add even more to it.
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 39 [1] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMATClub Class of 2010 - Where Are They Going? [#permalink] New post 02 May 2010, 10:30
This post received
KUDOS
helg - Booth - a large U.S. agribusiness company
Career Switcher? - Yes, from supply chain management in healthcare industry
Job title/brief description: leadership development program with 2 rotations in corp. finance and corp. strategy.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 62

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMATClub Class of 2010 - Where Are They Going? [#permalink] New post 02 May 2010, 11:24
thanks for the update helg, and congrats!

2 more weeks for me! :)

GMAT Club Knowledge Vault:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/123
Haas Ambassador
http://gmatclub.com/forum/128-t62555
Kryzak's Profile:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/111-t56286
Member Essays:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/103-t50969

1 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP
Schools: Ross '10
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 160 [1] , given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMATClub Class of 2010 - Where Are They Going? [#permalink] New post 22 May 2010, 06:45
This post received
KUDOS
GRADUATED :-D

Now, fussing about the big move. Congrats to fellow 2010ers.
CEO
CEO
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 422 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMATClub Class of 2010 - Where Are They Going? [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2010, 12:58
many congratulations class of 2010 !! Its really heartwarming to see you all post your success stories.
Current Student
Schools: Ross 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMATClub Class of 2010 - Where Are They Going? [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2010, 06:16
ncp wrote:
Updated.

ncp - Michigan Ross - Major US health plan provider - Healthcare Leadership Dev Program
Career Switcher: Yes, business consulting to healthcare
Job title: Associate, Leadership Dev Program - 4 rotations, ranging from marketing to managing contracts with hospitals, followed by promotion to Director

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, did you come upon this opportunity through on-campus recruiting, or was this through outside networking? Thanks!

Respect my Authoritaaah!

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 62

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMATClub Class of 2010 - Where Are They Going? [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2010, 23:57
any other updates?

GMAT Club Knowledge Vault:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/123
Haas Ambassador
http://gmatclub.com/forum/128-t62555
Kryzak's Profile:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/111-t56286
Member Essays:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/103-t50969

Manager
Manager
Schools: rd1: Haas, Ross ; rd2: ISB
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 15

Re: GMATClub Class of 2010 - Where Are They Going? [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2010, 08:11
Kudos on the great idea for this thread!
Very nice of you all to come back and contribute to this forum.
All the best on your wonderful jobs!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMATClub Class of 2010 - Where Are They Going? [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2011, 06:42
Hi I am marks joys and I found this forum two days ago while surfing.I observe this community contains really interesting information as it provide really genuine quality discussion platform.I am hoping a wonderful time with your guys.

Thanks.
Re: GMATClub Class of 2010 - Where Are They Going?   [#permalink] 13 Dec 2011, 06:42