Currently I am aiming at Stern PT, so I have until May 15. This late in the game it is my only option...but a desired option..I have a finance background/CFA...and I want to stay in NYC...and go to a school known for finance......so Stern/Columbia are my only picks......However I am entertaining many scenarios.
If I get in...great..I will go, unless the funding does not materialize (highly probable these days). If not, I will contemplate FT 2010 at a larger selection of schools or PT Stern in Spring 2010.
I figure, even if my GMAT, application, etc is not up to the level of my competition this spring, at least I have the experience and can build on that into the future....
How is the load for the PT program this year?
I have asked some friends and actually a lot of the PT programs are having a hard time - especially the EMBA and high end programs. PT are doing poorly and FT are the only programs performing, so waiting till May 15th maybe a good option.
however, it is great to stay flexible and not be desperate. A lot of people get into the now or never mode and jump into something they should have probably waited for...
In terms of funding, would you consider borrowing all/some tuition for the PT program or do you feel it is a better value for the FT?
Founder of GMAT Club
Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books
Co-author of the GMAT Club tests
Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!