Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 14:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMATclub Offseason??

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

GMATclub Offseason?? [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2009, 18:39
I get the feeling this is the offseason for GMATclub, GMAT interest, by the lack of activity on the board. Correct assumption?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9421 [0], given: 3699

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMATclub Offseason?? [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2009, 18:52
Expert's post
Yes, business school applications are very seasonal - at this time most people are done with GMAT and at the tail of their applications. Then it will reverse with many people coming into the GMAT forum and current MBA admits shifting into school life by Aug, though we've done a good job retaining a number of MBA's throughout their school years and have a number who are graduating this year. I hope we retain a good number this year as well to go with us through the years and providing direction for the applicants.

What stage are you in? Applying in 2010 or still 2009?

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager

Re: GMATclub Offseason?? [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2009, 19:17
Currently I am aiming at Stern PT, so I have until May 15. This late in the game it is my only option...but a desired option..I have a finance background/CFA...and I want to stay in NYC...and go to a school known for finance......so Stern/Columbia are my only picks......However I am entertaining many scenarios.

If I get in...great..I will go, unless the funding does not materialize (highly probable these days). If not, I will contemplate FT 2010 at a larger selection of schools or PT Stern in Spring 2010.

I figure, even if my GMAT, application, etc is not up to the level of my competition this spring, at least I have the experience and can build on that into the future....
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9421 [0], given: 3699

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMATclub Offseason?? [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2009, 19:29
Expert's post
spgny wrote:
Currently I am aiming at Stern PT, so I have until May 15. This late in the game it is my only option...but a desired option..I have a finance background/CFA...and I want to stay in NYC...and go to a school known for finance......so Stern/Columbia are my only picks......However I am entertaining many scenarios.

If I get in...great..I will go, unless the funding does not materialize (highly probable these days). If not, I will contemplate FT 2010 at a larger selection of schools or PT Stern in Spring 2010.

I figure, even if my GMAT, application, etc is not up to the level of my competition this spring, at least I have the experience and can build on that into the future....

How is the load for the PT program this year?
I have asked some friends and actually a lot of the PT programs are having a hard time - especially the EMBA and high end programs. PT are doing poorly and FT are the only programs performing, so waiting till May 15th maybe a good option.

however, it is great to stay flexible and not be desperate. A lot of people get into the now or never mode and jump into something they should have probably waited for...

In terms of funding, would you consider borrowing all/some tuition for the PT program or do you feel it is a better value for the FT?

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager

Re: GMATclub Offseason?? [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2009, 20:08
When you mean load..do you mean quantity of apps? If so, my assumption would be that since most PT/EMBA students rely on company funding, and company funding is probably down big, apps will be down big. But in NYC, I am not sure if that trend will hold. However, when I went to an info session, the presenter had a worried look on his face when I asked about prospect of decreased company funding...

I was a little confused about your last sentence. However I am currently unemployed, so my game plan is:

1. Working soon, PT program, paying out of pocket with loan.
2. Working soon, PT program, company paying new employee..unlikely.
3. Not working, PT program at FT load, paying out of pocket, selling non-vital duplcate organs.
4. Not working, no PT program, spending my days looking for scrap metal.

Whether PT/FT I am planning on paying out of pocke.
Re: GMATclub Offseason??   [#permalink] 20 Mar 2009, 20:08