Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 699 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 242 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q48  V34
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
thank you trahul and lanter! I won't be taking any more CATs, don't worry. I've been a bit burned out by CATs, and was very relieved last night when I finished GMATPrep2, knowing that the only time I'll have to go through that ordeal again is the real test. So all is well.

I'm just hoping that I can keep my math at 49 or higher, so I've been finishing up all the OG problems, reviewing any veritas, princeton review, GMAT OG, online, etc... prep books I can to find special tricks to solve things quicker. If my math drops and my verbal doesn't go up, then I'm screwed.

Still working on Sentence correction. I actually did every one of the 138 problems in the OG! I never knew I would get to that point! Now I will do some verbal review hard SC questions. Still missing 5 questions on the test, and that's what frustrates me. The key however is to not miss as many RC/CR questions, which are my strength. I was a little careless with RC/CR, especially with the extra time I had. It was really strange that I had so much time at the end, when I can barely finish the PowerPrep 1&2...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
BTW, does anyone have any good suggestions on how I can minimize my math errors? I know double checking will help and re-reading what they're asking for, but with the time constraint (been running low on time in the last 5-6 questions lately), I'm missing a few questions because of stupid mistakes...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think we all make stupid mistakes under the time constraints. We could all figure out the answers if we had a ton of time to do so. We would all have 55 and some 60 without that.

Granted some of us are better than others at minimizing them. The best advice that I have received is to just relax but be aggressive. Always double check your thought process, especially on DS.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
thank you lanter1! I will do my best then!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: GMATPrep2 Scores [#permalink]
Seems like it was the GMATPrep2 weekend. I took mine on Sunday and scored 740 (Q50, V 41). Made 7 mistakes in Q and 10 in Verbal. I made only 1 (or maybe 2) mistakes in the first 12 questions though. 6/17 on SC, 4/13 on RC and 11/11 on CR, so not a bad performance. Q, was another story. Did not feel confident at all that I was doing well but guess it was good enough. Silly mistakes though, which is what hurt me I think.

My GMATprep1 was 720 (50,36), so this was an improvement. Test next Monday :)

Good luck guys.

kryzak wrote:
Hey all,

Finally took my GMATPrep2 today. Did the full AWA. Good thing I did it, since I had a hard time with the Analysis of an Argument (the one about eating red meat and cheese). I was still able to write four paragraphs, but I didn't think they were that good. Probably 4.5-5.0 level. Good enough for me. Analysis of an Issue was easier.

I got 710 Q49 V38. I was struggling to finish on time for math, and I missed 12 questions, so I'm surprised that I got a Q49 (when I got Q50 on GMATPrep1, I missed only 7-8 questions). I guess some of the questions I missed were experimental (and hard). Found myself running out of time at the end. But if I can still get Q49 under those conditions, I'm pretty happy.

I actually felt GOOD about my verbal, finishing with 5-6 minutes to spare (could have had up to 4 minutes per question for the last 6-8 questions, but didn't need them). When I saw my score, I was pretty surprised! 10 wrong. I got 8 wrong in GMATPrep1 and got a V44, so it was really weird for me.

I missed 5 SC, 3 CR and 2 RC. the CR and RCs were mistakes involving misreading the question and overthinking. It usually came down to two choices and I picked the wrong ones for those 5 mistakes. SC I definitely felt good about doing them now that I've completed the Manhattan SC book. But I'm still surprised that I missed so many. 2-3 of the questions I got wrong were because I narrowed down to two, and picked the one that was wordier because it "sounded" more right. Now I know to pick the more concise ones! The other 2-3 were just tough and I didn't understand the explanations on GMAT Club either.

Anyway, I think I'm actually feeling ok about the real GMAT this coming Friday. My initial shock of falling from 770 to the low 700s has passed, and now I'll just be glad if I get over 700. I know that I can survive the 4 hours of testing and still have brainpower to do the whole test. Even with lack of sleep this weekend, I didn't do as bad as I thought. I think I can only do better with some days off before the test, sleeping as much as I can, and just being relaxed. My state of mind is much better now than it was a few days ago, and I thank all the GMAT Clubbers for that!

The final few days will involve

- Finishing up the CR/RC hard 1/3 of OG, should be easy
- Doing some more SC from Verbal Review, in the hard 1/3 bin
- Finishing up PS/DS from hard 1/3 of OG
- Review common GMAT mistakes and mistakes I make on math and verbal errors

Anything else I should do? I plan on not looking at GMAT at all on Thursday, and doing a few medium questions the day of the test, a few hours before to get my brain into GMAT mode.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
hey mojo, yeah, I think it was GMATPrep2 weekend! =)

Strange how the math makes all of us feel like we're doing really poorly, yet we score 49-50. I missed 10 on verbal too, but got a 38, very strange. Probably because I missed some CR questions too, even though I missed fewer RC and SC questions than you. That's the weirdness with CAT, you never really know how hard the questions that you missed were.

Good luck with your test on Monday! I'll report back what I get this Friday, hopefully it's good!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I just checked my errors on the test-and of the 10 errors, 2 were in the last 5 questions, that could have been the difference.

My study plan for the last one week is the same as yours-might re-take GMATprep a few times to exhaust all the questions in that though.

I am sure you will ace the test, been following your posts and you seem very well prepared. Good luck.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thank you mojo! Yeah, I'm not sure what else I can do to really prepare anymore. I know most of the concepts in Quant and RC/CR well, it's just a matter of whether I can detect subtle mistakes and differences during the test. I guess only doing more problems can help. Starting to take a couple GMAT Club Challenges just to speed up my math.

SC, well, if only I can reduce my SC mistakes down to 4 or fewer, and keep my CR/RC each at 2 mistakes, I should get V40+ and a score that I'm happy with.

I'll will do a full debrief when this craziness is over =)
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey good work mate, now force yourself to NOT do any gmat work on wednesday. Go on thursday with a clear mind and let that test know who's boss.

good luck.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'll probably play some video games or watch a movie on Thursday after work and relax on Friday and kick some arse!!! ;)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Post a great score kryzak!!! :) :) B.O.L

FP
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
Re: GMATPrep2 Scores [#permalink]
mojomover wrote:
Seems like it was the GMATPrep2 weekend. I took mine on Sunday and scored 740 (Q50, V 41). Made 7 mistakes in Q and 10 in Verbal. I made only 1 (or maybe 2) mistakes in the first 12 questions though. 6/17 on SC, 4/13 on RC and 11/11 on CR, so not a bad performance. Q, was another story. Did not feel confident at all that I was doing well but guess it was good enough. Silly mistakes though, which is what hurt me I think.

My GMATprep1 was 720 (50,36), so this was an improvement. Test next Monday :)

Good luck guys.

kryzak wrote:
Hey all,

Finally took my GMATPrep2 today. Did the full AWA. Good thing I did it, since I had a hard time with the Analysis of an Argument (the one about eating red meat and cheese). I was still able to write four paragraphs, but I didn't think they were that good. Probably 4.5-5.0 level. Good enough for me. Analysis of an Issue was easier.

I got 710 Q49 V38. I was struggling to finish on time for math, and I missed 12 questions, so I'm surprised that I got a Q49 (when I got Q50 on GMATPrep1, I missed only 7-8 questions). I guess some of the questions I missed were experimental (and hard). Found myself running out of time at the end. But if I can still get Q49 under those conditions, I'm pretty happy.

I actually felt GOOD about my verbal, finishing with 5-6 minutes to spare (could have had up to 4 minutes per question for the last 6-8 questions, but didn't need them). When I saw my score, I was pretty surprised! 10 wrong. I got 8 wrong in GMATPrep1 and got a V44, so it was really weird for me.

I missed 5 SC, 3 CR and 2 RC. the CR and RCs were mistakes involving misreading the question and overthinking. It usually came down to two choices and I picked the wrong ones for those 5 mistakes. SC I definitely felt good about doing them now that I've completed the Manhattan SC book. But I'm still surprised that I missed so many. 2-3 of the questions I got wrong were because I narrowed down to two, and picked the one that was wordier because it "sounded" more right. Now I know to pick the more concise ones! The other 2-3 were just tough and I didn't understand the explanations on GMAT Club either.

Anyway, I think I'm actually feeling ok about the real GMAT this coming Friday. My initial shock of falling from 770 to the low 700s has passed, and now I'll just be glad if I get over 700. I know that I can survive the 4 hours of testing and still have brainpower to do the whole test. Even with lack of sleep this weekend, I didn't do as bad as I thought. I think I can only do better with some days off before the test, sleeping as much as I can, and just being relaxed. My state of mind is much better now than it was a few days ago, and I thank all the GMAT Clubbers for that!

The final few days will involve

- Finishing up the CR/RC hard 1/3 of OG, should be easy
- Doing some more SC from Verbal Review, in the hard 1/3 bin
- Finishing up PS/DS from hard 1/3 of OG
- Review common GMAT mistakes and mistakes I make on math and verbal errors

Anything else I should do? I plan on not looking at GMAT at all on Thursday, and doing a few medium questions the day of the test, a few hours before to get my brain into GMAT mode.

i notice people referenceing GmatPrep 1 vs 2. Is there a difference. I actually took mine in the reverse order. I took #2 two months ago and got a 640. I took #1 today and got a 730!

I am not too excited about the grade as I had 3 or 4 repeat questions. I figure at worst it is a 700.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
not sure if there's a difference, but it's just referring to test 1 or test 2... I got 770 on test 1, and 710 on test 2... I felt test 2 quant was harder, and my score for test 2 verbal was 38 versus 44 for test 1...
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]