Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:31 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I'm looking at the waiver exams for stats right now. They are during the middle of the day on a weekday. That is problematic for south bay people. I think all 4 dates are like that. Any thoughts? I really dont want to take a class, just because I cant miss the better part of a day of work...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CaliCpa wrote:
I'm looking at the waiver exams for stats right now. They are during the middle of the day on a weekday. That is problematic for south bay people. I think all 4 dates are like that. Any thoughts? I really dont want to take a class, just because I cant miss the better part of a day of work...

Will be flying in from out of town for a day to take the stat exam :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
That is just terrible. Did you call Haas to talk to them? Maybe if there are a number of us asking for a Saturday date, they will give us one.

muxtheic wrote:
CaliCpa wrote:

Will be flying in from out of town for a day to take the stat exam :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT Date: 03-27-2012
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
On an unrelated topic. Quite interesting to see the EWMBA FB page grow...Current count is at 77 members/admits.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
muxtheic wrote:
mbafall2011 wrote:
WLers : What is your strategy now?

Wait for April 29th, start preparing for the stats waiver, send in some additional recos etc?

Or

Wait for April 29th, but start thinking about R1 for 2013- may be retaking the GMAT? etc?

What happens on April 29th?

April 29th is just the date to submit additional materials. I guess we wont hear until June 1st 2012 which is the R3/R4 date.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Just received an interview invite and I am stoked, this being my first invite and all.. Had applied on 15th March, so it took slightly more than 2 weeks. Best of luck to everyone else.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
Send PM
For all those looking to complete the stats waiver, it will be much cheaper to do it from a local community college. For people in South Bay, there is DeAnza and Foothill College. I did mine at foothill College. The course was pretty easy going and I only had to go for 2.5 months and I paid around 200 in all for the course, book and parking. This is much cheaper if you are considering the UCB extension online course which costs around 800.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
R1 WLers- anyone submitting any additional info since being placed on WL again? I am wondering if a 4th recommendation will add any value. Thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Send PM
bschoolapp8 wrote:
R1 WLers- anyone submitting any additional info since being placed on WL again? I am wondering if a 4th recommendation will add any value. Thoughts?

I'd consider another area of the application to discuss rather than submitting a fourth recommendation. If you do submit a fourth recommendation, is there anything that person can say that hasn't already been mentioned by your other recommenders?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Does anyone know from previous years, have WLers from R1 and R2 been admitted to the program before R3/R4 result deadline? In 2-3 weeks, they will find out how many people are accepting their admission so in theory we shouldn't have to wait for positive news past April.

On the other hand, if it is a ding they could drag it all the way till August. I don't think the chat after R1 helped too much, im hoping this time around it is different. I don't have any substantial new material to submit that will enhance my app.

I did not see too many dings in R1 or R2 so i assume most of those not admitted are in the WL.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
It seems that DeAnza and Foothill only have the math class and not the stats class.

may2012 wrote:
For all those looking to complete the stats waiver, it will be much cheaper to do it from a local community college. For people in South Bay, there is DeAnza and Foothill College. I did mine at foothill College. The course was pretty easy going and I only had to go for 2.5 months and I paid around 200 in all for the course, book and parking. This is much cheaper if you are considering the UCB extension online course which costs around 800.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
DeAnza does have the stats class - it's listed as Math 10.

CaliCpa wrote:
It seems that DeAnza and Foothill only have the math class and not the stats class.

may2012 wrote:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Btw, if you're planning on enrolling, you better hurry because the spring quarter begins next week.

studyhardmba wrote:
DeAnza does have the stats class - it's listed as Math 10.

CaliCpa wrote:

may2012 wrote:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
did anyone receive an email from haas regarding a special course over the next month or so that covers stats pre-req? I don't live in bay area but if you can afford $1000, i think it should take care of prereq
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It's an intensive course from around 9 to 5 or 6 on Sat for 6 weeks. I'm not sure even osmosis works towards the end of the second half of the day. :) But it is only a pass/fail course.

An online version is also being offered in June, probably more for final rounders.

bschoolapp8 wrote:
did anyone receive an email from haas regarding a special course over the next month or so that covers stats pre-req? I don't live in bay area but if you can afford $1000, i think it should take care of prereq
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Just got the intw invite! Thanks everyone for keeping up the spirits on this awesome forum!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Looks like Haas has a very long wait list. There were 57 waitlisters in the chat today including 5 from Adcom. so at least 52. I wonder there could be as many as 80 - 100 waitlist applicants just after R2 :(.

Looks like chances are minimal
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  32   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts