I hadn't originally planned on looking for another profile review
, but like many of the other people on the boards here have developed a case of similar-profile stalking. Came across a couple of your reviews and thought they were great. The honesty with a sense of humor really adds to the arena. Can you take a shot at mine?
Here's my application lineup:
Fuqua: Submitted EA
Darden: Submitted R1
UNC KF: R2
25 (26 at matriculation)
Caucasian - US
GMAT: 710 (Q40, V47, AWA 6). Can craft a strong argument based on undergrad and work/certifications experience that I can handle the quantitative rigors of an MBA program.
Undergrad: 3.46 BS Accounting, The College of New Jersey (very good if you're from NJ, realize the name doesn't carry tremendously)
Additional: Licensed CPA, Active
- Public Accounting (Big 4 - Audit, Tax) for 2.5 years (Up to 3 direct reports)
- With an eventual switch to general management in mind, moved to an accounting management position in a Fortune 50 company earlier this year (2 direct reports). Will have 15 months by matriculation, total of 43 months.
- Leadership Development Program within the healthcare sector. Had a great internship at Johnson & Johnson, served for 1.5 years on the Schering-Plough/Merck audit teams. Will be looking to use my accounting base while expanding on my current narrow focus.
- Treasurer/Financial Officer for a church ($125K annual budget)
- Founded a competitive Club Cycling Team as undergrad
- Regular speaker for state accounting society. Maintained a blog documenting experiences with CPA exam that has now received 50,000+ hits.
- Partner, Big 4 firm - Higher level, but worked significantly with and maintain a close personal friendship with as well
- Senior Consultant, Big 4 firm - Immediate supervisor on my largest client, received numerous accolades under.