Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:41 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake [#permalink]
efet wrote:
I sent an email but I will definitely call them on Monday.
Would my application be considered incomplete until my recommender submits my recommendation form?

Hi,

I am in a similar situation where one of my recommenders was not able to submit the recommendation within the timeline.
Do you know if this is an issue and the applicaiton is labeled incomplete or if HEC has a window during which recommendations can be submitted even a week after the deadline or something similar?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
nehab2011 wrote:
Hi,

I am in a similar situation where one of my recommenders was not able to submit the recommendation within the timeline.
Do you know if this is an issue and the applicaiton is labeled incomplete or if HEC has a window during which recommendations can be submitted even a week after the deadline or something similar?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Dont worry about it. Over the phone, I was explained that recommendations could be submitted little late.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
for those who applied for the sept and oct deadlines, did you hear your decisions on the decision date?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
i'm in. thrilled.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
is the linkedin group strictly for students commited to attending, or can admits still undecided join?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
traveler wrote:
is the linkedin group strictly for students commited to attending, or can admits still undecided join?

You raise a good question. It will be interesting to see who else is headed to HEC.
I just got the admit email too.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
i requested to join the gorup and wrote a msg asking this... will let you know.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I'm admitted. Hello, guys. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
whiskey wrote:
I'm admitted. Hello, guys. :)

congrats! where are you from? decided yet on attending?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks!

I'm Russian from Finland, and I'm 90% sure that I attend.

Answering earlier question: the decision came one day before deadline.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Jsonali,

I am prospective student from India. I am quite keen to attend HEC Paris but am quite skeptical about financing support from HEC. The loan limit in India is around Euro 34K and that too with collaterals. What help does HEC extend to help the prospective students in securing loan?

Thanks,
RKCM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Does anyone know what the exact tuition will be for the class entering in Fall 2011? A number I've seen floating around is 45106€ but I think this was for last year's entering class?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Hi everyone!
I want to apply for the September 2011 intake. Do you think that I still have chance of getting in or should I wait September and apply for the September 2012 intake? Also, I'm French so I will probably be in the most competitive applicant pool (I assume that a big part of the applicants are French...)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:McGill Desautels Class of 2013
Send PM
@bseb

I will also be applying rather late for the September 2011 intake. I had initially thought that applying this far into the cycle wouldn't be a high probability venture but most of what I've read states otherwise. I've read that HEC gets the bulk of their applications around February (unsubstantiated at this point) so I don't think we're at a significant disadvantage applying for the Feb 8 deadline. Having said that, as an international I'm not situated in the most competitive applicant pool and I don't know exactly how that will affect your prospects but I recommend you apply anyhow. If you've got other apps out this cycle its worth the approx. 150 euros for the app fee just to give yourself some extras options should you get accepted. Worst case scenario, you can reapply for 2012 intake.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bseb wrote:
Hi everyone!
I want to apply for the September 2011 intake. Do you think that I still have chance of getting in or should I wait September and apply for the September 2012 intake? Also, I'm French so I will probably be in the most competitive applicant pool (I assume that a big part of the applicants are French...)

As a Frenchie, do you need to apply with the GMAT or is there some other selection scheme? If no, what is ur GMAT? Have u considered applying in the last application session or you reckon that the chances are pretty low then ??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
0987654312 wrote:
bseb wrote:
Hi everyone!

As a Frenchie, do you need to apply with the GMAT or is there some other selection scheme? If no, what is ur GMAT? Have u considered applying in the last application session or you reckon that the chances are pretty low then ??

GMAT and TOEFL are both required. I have a 720 GMAT score. I'm debating whether I should apply for the February deadline or if I should wait September and apply then to increase my chances...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Not sure if this helps or if it's a good indicator, but there's only 48 people on the sept'11 intake group on linked in. very few are french, though I'm not sure how popular linked in is in different countries. Also, this is for admitted students, not students who have committed, helping further support the case that it might not be a bad idea to apply even if it's a later round?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts