Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:52 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations & supply chain management; alternative energy
Schools:Ross (admit after WL), Foster (admit), Wharton (ding), Thunderbird (admit)
 Q44  V44 GMAT 2: 740  Q47  V44
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: US Army logistics
WE 2: Client management & business development (Russian Auditing & accounting firm)
WE 3: Sales for renewable energy firm
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Concentration: Operations & supply chain management; alternative energy
Schools:Ross (admit after WL), Foster (admit), Wharton (ding), Thunderbird (admit)
 Q44  V44 GMAT 2: 740  Q47  V44
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: US Army logistics
WE 2: Client management & business development (Russian Auditing & accounting firm)
WE 3: Sales for renewable energy firm
Send PM
Re: HELP! [#permalink]
Quote:
Thank you so much for your response. I definitely understand what you are saying. Unfortunately, time is an issue for me right now. I cannot retake the test for another 30 days but I begin training next week, so I certainly wont have much time for training in the near future. I am afraid if I retake the test in a few months or a year that I might forget a lot of what I learned during my recent studies and thats the only reason I am concerned about getting a lower score, although it would be difficult to do worst on math than I did. Would I be a far more competitive applicant at a school like MIT or Chicago? Obviously, those are also amazing schools I would have no qualms about going to.

Yes, time will be quite an obstacle. If you can manage to burn the midnight oil & squeeze in some GMAT review time during your training, then quickly slip in a GMAT exam, that would be ideal. Otherwise, I guess pop into forums like this and just do a few problems as often as possible to stay in healthy mental shape. I don't know what other advise I can provide. I would say focus a bit more on verbal, since I assume you'll have plenty of quant practice at your I-banking job (correct me if I'm wrong).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I do not think you should worry about a 700. It might be slightly below average but average means there are plenty below too. You should work on other parts of the app. That is my two cents at least.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
A retake will not be held against you. In fact most, almost all, of the business schools consider the highest GMAT score so you are good at that end. You have just graduated and if you are not planning to applying right now, you have time to retake it. 700 is not a bad score however if you feel that you can do better than that and achieve a 30-40+ improvement, why not give it a go? There is nothing to lose other than the GMAT fee and you are already in the GMAT prep mode.
GMAT Club Bot