Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 00:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help: Is there any hope for me? Want to get in top B-School

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 10

Help: Is there any hope for me? Want to get in top B-School [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2012, 05:27
I am an engineer. Work ex 4 years in “Engineering sector” in India. Average percentage in Engineering degree is 67 % (GPA 3.5 approx).

Results of GMAT attempts as under.
1. 550 (Q 45, V19)
2. 340 (don’t know the break up)
3. 610 (Q 49, V 25) (1st June 2012)

Material used:
1. All MGMAT books for verbal and quant
2. All three official guide books
3. All three Kaplan books

Overall performance for 3rd attempt was good compare to 1st and 2nd and everything going good. Mock results were also good and average of 700 and Average score in Quant around 45 to 50 and Verbal around 35 to 42.

1. GMAT prep 1: 680
2. MGMAT 1: 650
3. MGMAT 2: 700
4. MGMAT 3: 720
5. MGMAT 4: 680
6. GMAT prep 2: 700

Now don’t under what to do? Where to apply? Should I go for 4th attempt? If this many attempts will hurt my profile?

Not understanding what to do? Lots of confusion?

Expert please help…
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 295

Kudos [?]: 690 [1] , given: 6

Re: Help: Is there any hope for me? Want to get in top B-School [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2012, 20:11
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
emfjay,

There seems to be a large fluctuation in your scores - generally it seems you're scoring high in quant but not in verbal. Do you know specifically which section is giving you problems.

You've already taken plenty of practice exams and you can see the result - were these before your 3rd attempt or after? If it was before, it looks like you were scoring high on these practice tests but on the actual exam you scored lower, 610.

Currently your score profile will be tough for admissions into business schools. If you really are committed to business school you'll need to retake the GMAT exam (yes even for 4th time) and make changes to your study strategy. You need a change in your thinking process. Your scores on practice exams would have sufficed - but you'll need to replicate that on the real exam. That's going to take superior confidence on all types of GMAT questions. Extreme speed and efficiency so time pressure on the actual day doesn't get to your nerves.

For all exams after june 5 (which includes right now), you'll have to face the new Integrated Reasoning questions. You'll have to familiarize yourself with these questions if you take for the 4th time. You can learn a little bit about the new questions here: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-prep-about ... reasoning/

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 10

Re: Help: Is there any hope for me? Want to get in top B-School [#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2012, 09:59
Hey,
thanks for post...
I did re-evolution all my mock tests and my errors log. i have found that mostly i made mistakes in RC and partly in SC. so I need to improve in SC and RC in next 2 month and than i will give GMAT.

Could you please guide me to shape my next 2 months plan...

thanks
Re: Help: Is there any hope for me? Want to get in top B-School   [#permalink] 11 Jun 2012, 09:59