[strike]I am planning to give my GMAT in the next 3 weeks. Date not yet taken because they are currently not available in my city.
A friend has advised me to wait until the next 1 week to see if any slots becomes available due to last minute cancellations.[/strike]
I have my GMAT on 29th Dec.
I have completed OG 12
I have completed KAPLAN Premier
(only the verbal part).
I have completed KAPLAN 800
(only the verbal part)
has good notes and examples on Sentence Correction; not upto the mark for CR and RC)My GMAT mocks:
GPrep 25-Jul - 660 (49/32)
GPrep 28-Nov - 680 (49/34)
GPrep 01-Dec - 680 (49/34)
[strike]GPrep 02-Dec - 720 (48/40*) *Verbal had 20 repeats.[/strike]
GPrep 05-Dec - 690 (48/35)
[strike]GPrep 08-Dec - 730 (50/39*) *Verbal had 9 repeats.[/strike]
MGMAT 19-Dec - 670 (46/35)
MGMAT 21-Dec - 670 (46/35) (RC Hit-Rate: only 33%)
MGMAT 25-Dec - 700 (47/38)
As evident, I am not able to improve on my verbal score.
I think only an improvement on the verbal score will help me cross the 720 mark.
I think, now, i should practise quant only in mocks; should rather build on Verbal - CR and RCs.From analysis of my tests I see that -
- I have to hurry up during the last 10 Qs in both the section and end up guessing 2-3 of them. Quant has got a bit rusty.
- Hit-rate is low with DS questions.
- Almost all the time CRs and Global questions on RCs go wrong.
- Hit-rate goes down with the timer.
- Need a bit more practice with P n C and probablity.I need some suggestions from you guys on how can I improve on the above mentioned points and boost my verbal score (and the overall score to 720+) in the timeframe of 2-3 weeks.Books/ material that I have with me.
I havent studied them yet.
- Manhattan SC
- Kaplan 800
- All versions of GMAT Prep. (I plan to take 8-10 mocks with 2 versions of GMAT prep. Can it be used for 8-10 mocks without significant repetitions?)
- 1000s material.
- [strike]SPIDEYs notes[/strike]. ( [strike]can some one help me know how effective this would be?[/strike])
(I did not find SPIDEYs notes to be useful.)My plan of action:
- Study Manhattan SC
- Take a mock every 2 days till my D-day. (GMAT Prep: 8-10; Manhattan Online (promotional): 1; Kaplan
- Analyse the mistakes and my performance.
- [strike]Try to master the Kaplan 800
while I do the mocks.[/strike]
- Practise Qs from 1000 material. 40-50 for each section.
- should I include anything more? Please suggest me a few more things that I should do to achieve my target score of 720+.
Thanks for reading.